This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Vega 56 or GTX 1070?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Vega 56 or GTX 1070?

User Info: Paragon21XX

Paragon21XX
4 weeks ago#11
lkman posted...
Paragon21XX posted...
This article is a bit more honest about the situation:
http://www.pcgamer.com/you-might-not-be-able-to-overclock-nvidias-geforce-gtx-1070-ti/

I had read the Chinese website from the article. It did say all GTX 1070Ti share the same clock speed regardless of the manufacturer you buy the card from. It said if you want better performance you could only manually overclock the card. It is very user unfriendly. But how to overclock the card now if the clock speed is locked by the Nvidia? They provided you solution that it could only be done at manufacturer level by means such as providing overclocking tools to bypass the restriction. But Nvidia is kinda strict on the matter as I read through different forums.

It's best to just wait until review samples are sent out and the NDA is lifted to know the truth for sure.
Hmm...

User Info: lkman

lkman
4 weeks ago#12
Paragon21XX posted...
It's best to just wait until review samples are sent out and the NDA is lifted to know the truth for sure.

I agreed.

User Info: BrokenMachine85

BrokenMachine85
4 weeks ago#13
So which are you going for TC?
Ryzen 1600X @ 4GHz | MSI B350 'Tomahawk' | Corsair H90 | 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 | Palit GTX 1080 OC @ 2GHz | 28" Acer Predator 4K G-SYNC 1ms

User Info: FlyinTonite

FlyinTonite
4 weeks ago#14
BrokenMachine85 posted...
So which are you going for TC?

I'm putting a few builds together, I'm trying to find one for around 1,000 bucks, I'm leaning towards Vega as it should last a little longer for me than the 1070 but the prices are comparable.

This is what I have selected (I already have an SSD at home so I didn't include one in the build):

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Vdp2XH
Life is tough, like real tough, like tough plus tough times tough to the power of tough.

User Info: BrokenMachine85

BrokenMachine85
4 weeks ago#15
Looks nice. If you're looking to hit 1000 then I'd go with a non-modular (cheaper) PSU and drop the HDD, put in your SSD and pick up a HDD on either a Black Friday sale or later on.
Ryzen 1600X @ 4GHz | MSI B350 'Tomahawk' | Corsair H90 | 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 | Palit GTX 1080 OC @ 2GHz | 28" Acer Predator 4K G-SYNC 1ms

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
4 weeks ago#16
Pelaaja82 posted...
Would wait for the non-reference models of Vega 56, if you are going to get one.

This, or another name for it is aftermarket. This way you can get a cheaper freesync monitor and the 56 is supposely 20% more powerful than a 1070. And or if you are a dirty no good miner.
PSN: captsplatter & Gamertag: OGcaptsplatter &
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/captsplatter NO BLANK REQ.

User Info: DarkZV2Beta

DarkZV2Beta
4 weeks ago#17
Typically, because AMD GPUs tend to have more hardware on them than their nVidia market competitors, they scale better to higher resolutions. It's not always the case, but it's often the case. nVidia's GPUs are more efficient, which allows them to reduce frametimes in easier workloads, but for beefier rendering tasks, AMD usually scales better and ages better.

If you're targeting high framerates, Intel/nVidia is the way to go. For low framerates and high resolutions, AMD/AMD is often the better value. For a good mix, AMD/nVidia or Intel/AMD are actually a nice middle ground, usually.
a quad core i7 was just a rebranded celeron -Pengu1n
Anything that has 3p fps or better is fine with me -mucloud
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Vega 56 or GTX 1070?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived