This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I'm looking to play a Sims game!!

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. I'm looking to play a Sims game!!

User Info: AimlessDork

AimlessDork
2 months ago#11
I like that sims 4 runs well due to not being hilariously poorly programmed, and can live without the color customization for the increased functionality of create a sim and build mode.
GTX 1070, i7-6700, NZXT Phantom 530, W10
Ps4. Ps3. PC. 3DS

User Info: Kinoringan

Kinoringan
2 months ago#12
Sims 3 has open world and has more customization. You can go nuts with anything you want. Plus getting money is easy so that you don't need to work work work all the time. There are mods as well though I didn't try any of it.

Sims 4 is new. It doesn't have open world. There's not much customization yet. But the big plus for sims 4 is the easy interaction between sims (easy to score a woohoo) and you get to control sims while they are at work.

User Info: NeilJWD

NeilJWD
2 months ago#13
Isnt Sims 4 two years old or something now? Can't describe it as new, it should be a mature full featured and rounded experience by now.
ARGH! Someone gave me some goggles and a spork,
I don't know what the goggles do but I'm gouging my eyes out with the spork!
~Dudeboy

Kinoringan
2 months ago#14
Is there a Sims 5? No? So Sims 4 is the new one in the series.

User Info: ElDudorino

ElDudorino
2 months ago#15
AimlessDork posted...
I like that sims 4 runs well

Me too.

AimlessDork posted...
due to not being hilariously poorly programmed

Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa, let's not get carried away. It IS still a Sims game, after all! You can still fully expect your non-adult sims to turn into slendermen or simultaneously be two ages/sizes at once, your game has to be exited and re-loaded periodically when skills get stuck not leveling up or your sims get stuck magically teleporting between several spots while melting into weird positions, parties are still hilariously impossible to succeed at in lots of cases because of dozens of bugs that stand in the way of being able to do what you want, and the list goes on and on.

Parties in particular are much worse than they were in TS3 and perhaps even worse than in TS2 because you're given 'objectives' that have to be accomplished in order for the party to be successful but the objectives often cannot be completed due to bugs. One well-known glitch with toddlers is that adult sims will glitch out when trying to help them blow out candles, so it can take 30 times (literally 30) re-loading and re-trying the party before your sim can successfully blow out their birthday candles, but then you still won't be able to succeed at the "compliment birthday sim" objective if it appears because they never programmed in that feature for toddlers, and "give a toast" is extremely difficult to pull off as well because it requires the stars to align just right as the two sims involved have to both be holding drinks but they'll tend to put them down before the action can actually occur. Also, both birthday parties and weddings involve cake but cakes can only have toppers put on them at specific times or else they will be bugged and cannot be used for their intended purpose, and caterers tend to glitch out and won't cook or make cake so you have to do it yourself and then understand the mechanics of how to navigate the bugs to make them work. At least the game doesn't pull a TS1 and throw mimes at you to punish you for not being able to cheat your way through their broken and arbitrary mechanics, but since it magically manifests prizes for your success and keeps a log of your party scores there's a certain pressure there to want to do well. To that end, there are lots of guides out there explaining how to do things like delete your Sims 4 cache and do other things to try and help make certain bugs less likely to occur and make it slightly easy to succeed.

User Info: ElDudorino

ElDudorino
2 months ago#16
Here's a slenderbaby attacking its mother while simultaneously summoning a magic exploded piano through the wall:
https://us.v-cdn.net/6022080/uploads/editor/hy/56u6koob3nrx.png

User Info: NeilJWD

NeilJWD
1 month ago#17
@Kinoringan posted...

Do you like Van Gogh's new one?
Just checked and Sims 4 is over 3 years old now, no place describing it as new. Newest is fine.
ARGH! Someone gave me some goggles and a spork,
I don't know what the goggles do but I'm gouging my eyes out with the spork!
~Dudeboy

User Info: TES_Nut

TES_Nut
1 month ago#18
Sims 3 is probably the most full featured, but it's pretty old now and was never had good optimization.

4 looks good and runs well, but expect to pay a lot of money for dlc.
The ending of the word is ALMSIVI

Kinoringan
1 month ago#19
NeilJWD posted...
@Kinoringan posted...

Do you like Van Gogh's new one?
Just checked and Sims 4 is over 3 years old now, no place describing it as new. Newest is fine.

Sims 4 is new one to the series.
Deal with it.

User Info: Chaos_Missile

Chaos_Missile
1 month ago#20
Singles: Flirt Up Your Life >_>
Action speaks louder than words. But words, when used right, overwhelm any action - Me, 2006
Let's put a smile on that face - The Joker, 2008
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. I'm looking to play a Sims game!!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived