This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Old, Classic games such as Fallout 2

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Old, Classic games such as Fallout 2

User Info: BigWeezy18

BigWeezy18
1 month ago#1
Who has beat fallout 2? - Results (97 votes)
Yes
52.58% (51 votes)
No
39.18% (38 votes)
Halfway
8.25% (8 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I was sitting here and thinking about old games that i haven't beat or played, and two came to mind. I started fallout 2 numerous times and never finished it, also the same goes for diablo 2. Anyone else have games like this?
I CAME TO BREAK ALL BARRIERS!!!

User Info: ElDudorino

ElDudorino
1 month ago#2
Why not finish it? I love the end of Fallout 2, and it shows what happens to all the communities you've visited after the game ends, which will be different based on the things you've done.

User Info: GTL581

GTL581
1 month ago#3
Deus ex is probably the biggest example for me. I bought the game twice on disk maybe 10 years ago, never got past the starting area. Repurchased on steam a few years ago and tried starting it maybe three times since with no luck. For some reason i just couldn't make my way through liberty island. This bothered me incredibly because i loved invisible war on xbox, despite its flaws, and i loved every game that looking glass studios has touched - from ultima underworld all the way through system shock 2 and thief 2. Finally last week i tried again, and am in love with, like i knew i would be.

Sometimes it just takes some bashing your head against the beginning of a game before it "clicks" with you. Another example was gothic, which took me quite a few tries to get into. Needless to say, the series is now one of my favorites of the rpg genre.

User Info: luigi33

luigi33
1 month ago#4
Deus Ex is absolutely amazing though and its not even that clunky when compared to classic CRPG games liek Fallout 2 and BG
3DS FC: 5370-0672-9935
Steam ID: Xcyper33

User Info: GTL581

GTL581
1 month ago#5
luigi33 posted...
Deus Ex is absolutely amazing though and its not even that clunky when compared to classic CRPG games liek Fallout 2 and BG

exactly. what's weird is i could play both the bg series, and fallout 1 and 2 with no problem, among other countless clunky, "dated," older crpgs, yet i couldn't get into deus ex. not even after loving it's spiritual predecessors, nor its inferior sequel. it was the damnedest thing.

i think it just boiled down to the mindset i was in when trying to get into it - i might not have been in a very "cyber-punk" mood at the times that i tried playing it. the first time i was incredibly overwhelmed by it's keybindings, and just how unwieldy i remember them being. like you said though, it's not actually as clunky as a lot of others, i was probably just expecting something more modern in terms of controls, and was initially put off.

User Info: BigWeezy18

BigWeezy18
1 month ago#6
I plan on finishing fallout 2, the last time i got far into the game a few years back but my hard drive had died at the time and just never finished it. Deus ex is still on my list to play.
I CAME TO BREAK ALL BARRIERS!!!

User Info: farigonti

farigonti
1 month ago#7
That’s how I feel about System Shock 2. It’ll click one day.

User Info: Golden_Gonads

Golden_Gonads
1 month ago#8
Aye, Deus Ex I completed the first time I played it, but on subsequent attempts I lose interest in Hong Kong, which is odd as the game picks up a bit there...

Fallout 3 I had to put aside after my first few hours playing it as I couldn't get into it. That was due to loving Fallout 1 & 2 though. The game was just too different and lacked the freedom of choice you had in Fallout 2. After a three month break I started it again, completed it and had fun, it wasn't MY Fallout, but it was a fun RPG Shooter.

User Info: kobalobasileus

kobalobasileus
1 month ago#9
I honestly liked Fallout 1 better than the second one. It was a nice, compact game instead of a sprawling mess.

GTL581 posted...
Deus ex ... the series is now one of my favorites of the rpg genre.

No. Just stop.

User Info: DiviDude

DiviDude
1 month ago#10
I liked Fallout 1 better than Fallout 2. Master in particular left a much much bigger impression on me than Frank Horrigan, who's a pretty s***ty boss.

kobalobasileus posted...
No. Just stop.

No one gives a s*** about your idiosyncratic definition of RPG, and no one ever will.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Old, Classic games such as Fallout 2

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived