This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Capcom reveals lifetime sales of the Resident Evil franchise

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Capcom reveals lifetime sales of the Resident Evil franchise

User Info: Perthboy

Perthboy
1 month ago#11
Capcom's biggest mistake was listening to the RE6 haters, should have struck while the iron was hot and made an RE6 Gold.
RE7 has effectively killed the franchise.
Perthboy
Mine is I-------------------this----------------------I big.

User Info: Killah Priest

Killah Priest
1 month ago#12
re6 had a lot of good things going for it.

animations were really well done, one particular boss mutates a few times and its just fantastic to see how detailed the transition is.

Movement and combat felt super fluid and the counter/melee system greatly improved.
The Infamous...
If you're one of us then roll with us.

User Info: Sir_Haxor

Sir_Haxor
1 month ago#13
RE7 was the only one worth touching after RE0.
Z97A | 4690k 4.6GHz | Hyper 212 Evo | EVGA GTX 1080ti | EVGA GS 650w | 16GB DDR3 | WDB 3TB |128GB SSD | Toshiba 500GB | Challenger S | Acer G257HU | LG 27UD68 |

User Info: quinikk

quinikk
1 month ago#14
SinisterSlay posted...
Interesting, as they have become more scummy, sales have dropped.

I doubt they see the connection though.

Seems to be the opposite. The scummier they got the more money they made.
Just let it go, alright.

User Info: thelocalhentai

thelocalhentai
1 month ago#15
Not surprised, back then RE was really niche, although well known series, since it was relatively unique. On top of gaming being a "nerd" hobby rather than just a hobby.

Wonder what the sales are like for Silent Hill.

User Info: Somato

Somato
1 month ago#16
I kinda had a little chuckle. The Resident Evil with the "controversy" is by far their best selling game in the franchise

Man that must piss some idiots off lol
ThePandaForest / Premature Tyrant is don_sf / DarKnight_sf

User Info: daemon_dan

daemon_dan
1 month ago#17
TomorrowDog posted...
SinisterSlay posted...
Interesting, as they have become more scummy, sales have dropped.

Eh? According to this chart the real sales drop in terms of a mainline entry was just RE7.

But lets be honest about RE7, though. It was a spinoff (aiming for the viral lets play horror crowd) that they wanted to put the full weight of the franchises name behind. They made a push for it to be bigger than what it was, and like any of their spin-offs if it overtook the main series in sales they would focus the series on that. Since it was just a modest success, I'm expecting to see Leon or Chris back next game.

A modest success? It sold over 4 million copies in the first year it existed. If anything, that's the fastest any RE has sold, period
"Don't you know our lives are on trial now? And if we lose, we're going straight to Hell! I could care less."
~DevilDriver: I Could Care Less

User Info: spud_almighty

spud_almighty
1 month ago#18
Supremo posted...
The sales numbers for Re5 and 6 are unbelievable... I see the appeal in RE 5, specially with th coop, but 6 is a heavily flawed game.

and RE5 isn't heavily flawed? It took everything from RE4, a near perfect game, and literally ruined it. RE6 at least tried to fix those issues.

User Info: thanthen

thanthen
1 month ago#19
It's disheartening that piece of trash like RE5&6 sold so much.
I'm gonna stab the s*** out of you. - Detective Castellanos, renown art critic.

User Info: daemon_dan

daemon_dan
1 month ago#20
spud_almighty posted...
Supremo posted...
The sales numbers for Re5 and 6 are unbelievable... I see the appeal in RE 5, specially with th coop, but 6 is a heavily flawed game.

and RE5 isn't heavily flawed? It took everything from RE4, a near perfect game, and literally ruined it. RE6 at least tried to fix those issues.

Take off the rose-tinted glasses my friend
"Don't you know our lives are on trial now? And if we lose, we're going straight to Hell! I could care less."
~DevilDriver: I Could Care Less
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Capcom reveals lifetime sales of the Resident Evil franchise

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived