This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Capcom reveals lifetime sales of the Resident Evil franchise

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Capcom reveals lifetime sales of the Resident Evil franchise

User Info: sonicteam2k1

sonicteam2k1
1 month ago#21
1. I don't think these are total sales. It can't be.

2. Looks like what is considered the worst RE on this site is the best selling RE.
See The Game Collection
http://people.ign.com/nights_team2k7/games

User Info: AllGodsDie

AllGodsDie
1 month ago#22
Surprising, this shows that Capcom actually cares about community input instead of just money. They clearly would of kept the formula of 5/6 despite being so hated, if it was only about money.
Steam/PSN-Allgodsdie

User Info: Hi C

Hi C
1 month ago#23
daemon_dan posted...
spud_almighty posted...
Supremo posted...
The sales numbers for Re5 and 6 are unbelievable... I see the appeal in RE 5, specially with th coop, but 6 is a heavily flawed game.

and RE5 isn't heavily flawed? It took everything from RE4, a near perfect game, and literally ruined it. RE6 at least tried to fix those issues.

Take off the rose-tinted glasses my friend

It's factual. Whether you think RE4 was a good RE or not it was still pretty much a mechanically perfect and balanced game with very little RNG. RE5 and 6 not only were bad RE's but bad games as well.
I5-4590 | ASUS H97i-PLUS & VS239hp | 8GB Ballistix Sport | 1TB+2TB WD Blue | Cooler Master N200 | ASUS GTX 960 Strix 2GB

User Info: Fony

Fony
1 month ago#24
DarkZV2Beta posted...
So is RE4 counting everything that isn't Wii and GC sales in one number? Or is it a specific unlabeled version of RE4?

I'm sure i remember years ago they claimed RE4 sold 2 million on GC by the time the PS2 copy came out. Weird.
It's not the end of the world, but we can see it from here.

User Info: Hi C

Hi C
1 month ago#25
sonicteam2k1 posted...
1. I don't think these are total sales. It can't be.

2. Looks like what is considered the worst RE on this site is the best selling RE.

I know. At one point years ago I thought they released that RE2 had sold like 6 million.
I5-4590 | ASUS H97i-PLUS & VS239hp | 8GB Ballistix Sport | 1TB+2TB WD Blue | Cooler Master N200 | ASUS GTX 960 Strix 2GB

User Info: Kislevic

Kislevic
1 month ago#26
The hate is just a vocal minority
"They'll outlive your cowardice trolling and main account" ~ Universquall

User Info: NotSnowske

NotSnowske
1 month ago#27
5 is the best makes total sense Wesker carries Capcom.

6 is nice too but it's just not 5. Wesker's son... sort of helps carrying Capcom?

7 sucks though.
I don't just sell stuff, I am actually involved in these.
Now, I'm motivated!

User Info: Jason_Hudson

Jason_Hudson
1 month ago#28
ArcadeGuy posted...
Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City -2.5 million

2.5 million disappointed people, lmao.

But still interesting to see RE5 on top. I really enjoyed it, but it doesn't seem well received.

Probably enjoyed Revelations 2 the most though. RE3 is my favourite of the classic RE series.

But RE4 only sold about 6.2 million across everything, including the remaster? Huh.
Specs: i7 4790k@4.6GHz |EVGA 1080 FTW| 16GB RAM - GLORIOUS PC MASTER RACE!
TRUMP IS THE GREATEST US PRESIDENT!

User Info: Starters

Starters
1 month ago#29
ok...

The reason Re5 and 6 sold well isn't because they're amazing games. Seriously, it ain't rocket science.

RE5 is the sequel to one of the best games of all time. It's hype banks a lot on the success of RE4.

RE6's hype banks a lot on its incredible marketing and the whole "ensemble cast" of previous characters. Also, there was actually quite a backlash against RE5's move to balls-out action which lead to Capcom doing this:
http://gameranx.com/updates/id/6655/article/resident-evil-6-returns-series-to-its-survival-horror-roots/
Yeah, talk about first class lying.
Living is the moment worth dying for...

User Info: pothocket

pothocket
1 month ago#30
I love seeing the salt still being directed towards RE7, the best RE game since classic RE
http://www.koalastothemax.com/?aHR0cDovL2kuaW1ndXIuY29tL3pnMGpYWDcuanBn
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Capcom reveals lifetime sales of the Resident Evil franchise

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived