This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Capcom reveals lifetime sales of the Resident Evil franchise

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Capcom reveals lifetime sales of the Resident Evil franchise

User Info: wildog2006

wildog2006
1 month ago#31
SinisterSlay posted...
Interesting, as they have become more scummy, sales have dropped.

I mean, maybe if you ignore RE5 and 6 being the top two...
Or did you find punching rocks in RE5 to be entertaining?
MOD: Mindless, Oppressive, & Delusional

User Info: Sir_Haxor

Sir_Haxor
1 month ago#32
pothocket posted...
I love seeing the salt still being directed towards RE7, the best RE game since classic RE
Z97A | 4690k 4.6GHz | Hyper 212 Evo | EVGA GTX 1080ti | EVGA GS 650w | 16GB DDR3 | WDB 3TB |128GB SSD | Toshiba 500GB | Challenger S | Acer G257HU | LG 27UD68 |

User Info: Knifegash

Knifegash
1 month ago#33
Hi C posted...

It's factual. Whether you think RE4 was a good RE or not it was still pretty much a mechanically perfect and balanced game with very little RNG. RE5 and 6 not only were bad RE's but bad games as well.

How do you not see the fallacy in your argument just from reading your own words?

''RE4 gets a pass on whether it's good or not, because it has good mechanics.''

''RE5 and 6, despite having those exact same mechanics but expanded, are simply bad.''

Get this fanboy s*** out of here.
Isn't that right, Zach?
http://tinyurl.com/5vsjbj6

User Info: yohabroha

yohabroha
1 month ago#34
pothocket posted...
I love seeing the salt still being directed towards RE7, the best RE game since classic RE

why would you like seeing negative things? i'd recommend therapy.
"Myself I am a PC Gamer but I am forced to keep this side of me hidden because of who I am and my brand integrity." - dan_fs

User Info: yohabroha

yohabroha
1 month ago#35
wildog2006 posted...
SinisterSlay posted...
Interesting, as they have become more scummy, sales have dropped.

I mean, maybe if you ignore RE5 and 6 being the top two...
Or did you find punching rocks in RE5 to be entertaining?

idk, did you find punching rocks in RE4 to be entertaining as well?
"Myself I am a PC Gamer but I am forced to keep this side of me hidden because of who I am and my brand integrity." - dan_fs

User Info: TomorrowDog

TomorrowDog
1 month ago#36
daemon_dan posted...
A modest success? It sold over 4 million copies in the first year it existed. If anything, that's the fastest any RE has sold, period

It missed Capcom's own sales expectations, so spin that how you will.
sub.bitballoon.com
Some browser games in various stages of completion.

User Info: CommunismFTW

CommunismFTW
1 month ago#37
Coming from someone who only liked Resident Evil 1, 2, 3, and 7 this doesn't bother me.
Since only from below can one better see the heights.
http://i.imgur.com/OhZgm.jpg

User Info: PhilOnDez

PhilOnDez
1 month ago#38
Knifegash posted...
Hi C posted...
It's factual. Whether you think RE4 was a good RE or not it was still pretty much a mechanically perfect and balanced game with very little RNG. RE5 and 6 not only were bad RE's but bad games as well.

How do you not see the fallacy in your argument just from reading your own words?

''RE5 and 6, despite having those exact same mechanics but expanded, are simply bad.''

That's not what he said. He said it's a good game even if it isn't an especially good Resident Evil game, which I don't really have a problem with. Assuming the first 3 and 0 (and maybe a few of the named ones, I haven't tried them, just 0-6) are the 'real' RE games then I'm alright with 4 not being a good RE game since I don't care at all about those four games yet 4 is still my favorite game of all time.

5 and 6 don't have those exact same mechanics but expanded. Nearly everything is different, though they might look similar if you're just watching some gameplay, at least in the case of 5, 6 doesn't really even look like 4 (I actually like the gameplay/controls of 6 quite a bit, killing stuff feels really good). They're not balanced as well, they've got pick-up-and-play levels, co-op, item management is completely different, 5 doesn't continually throw new things at you like 4 did and while 6 tried to do that most of the things it tries are terrible. 5 is an alright game, don't get me wrong, but it's not a masterpiece like 4 is (IMHO). If someone told me I could never play 4 again, which I do fairly frequently, probably 1-2 times a year, I'd be really upset. I don't regret my time with 5, I beat it and then beat most of the chapters again on professional before getting bored and might finish that and the DLC someday, but if I could never play it again I'd be alright. 6 I couldn't even force myself to finish, Leon's campaign was decent, and Chris's was ok enough that I was able to finish, but I've tried twice to get through Jake's campaign and I just can't.
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez

User Info: Hi C

Hi C
1 month ago#39
Knifegash posted...
Hi C posted...

It's not the same mechanics child. The mechanics in 5 and 6 are broken and do not work reliably. Whether something is a bad part of a certain series does not stop it from being a good game in general.

Troll somewhere else.
I5-4590 | ASUS H97i-PLUS & VS239hp | 8GB Ballistix Sport | 1TB+2TB WD Blue | Cooler Master N200 | ASUS GTX 960 Strix 2GB

User Info: -CJF-

-CJF-
1 month ago#40
I can't believe RE6 outsold 4 and the HD remasters by so much.................
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Capcom reveals lifetime sales of the Resident Evil franchise

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived