This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Capcom reveals lifetime sales of the Resident Evil franchise

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Capcom reveals lifetime sales of the Resident Evil franchise

User Info: LazyyAmerican

LazyyAmerican
1 month ago#41
Let's not kid ourselves RE5 was the best due to Wesker voice acting and boulder qte.
You've got ten minutes. There's policies even your section have to follow
I'll be sure to forward your message to the president.

User Info: Knifegash

Knifegash
1 month ago#42
Hi C posted...
Knifegash posted...
Hi C posted...

It's factual. Whether you think RE4 was a good RE or not it was still pretty much a mechanically perfect and balanced game with very little RNG. RE5 and 6 not only were bad RE's but bad games as well.

How do you not see the fallacy in your argument just from reading your own words?

''RE4 gets a pass on whether it's good or not, because it has good mechanics.''

''RE5 and 6, despite having those exact same mechanics but expanded, are simply bad.''

Get this fanboy s*** out of here.

It's not the same mechanics child. The mechanics in 5 and 6 are broken and do not work reliably. Whether something is a bad part of a certain series does not stop it from being a good game in general.

Troll somewhere else.

What mechanics are you referring to? Are you telling me the streamlining of the inventory system is something you dislike? I recall nobody on launch liked the briefcase system, it was always a large issue among critics. Breaking the gameplay to switch weapons so frequently is a negative point. In the case of RE5, contextual QTE's were expanded upon and improved, gunplay is virtually exactly the same, ''game balance'' is perfectly fine; there is no one enemy that requires two teammates to destroy. I don't know what your gripe is other than being purposefully contrarian. There are myriad of things that are good and bad about the trio of games, I could sit here and write endless paragraphs about even the tiniest of nuances Capcom took in all manners of each game, but it's ultimately a fruitless effort if you're going to hold RE4 to an unattainable standard due largely to nostalgia. You can't laud RE4 for being a ''good game'' solely on mechanics, but look over to RE5 and call it a ''bad game'' solely on mechanics, when every single aspect of gameplay was improved and expanded upon. There is simply no argument to make there, barring anecdotal preferences. You can say that it's not as scary, it's not as funny, it's too actiony, but you can't say that these things make it a bad game. I will gladly grant you that they're legitimate criticisms that don't make them ''good RE games'', if you absolutely must have some sort of validation no matter how miniscule, but anyone could easily present the same argument for why RE4 is a bad RE game as well.
Isn't that right, Zach?
http://tinyurl.com/5vsjbj6

User Info: LaManoNeraII

LaManoNeraII
1 month ago#43
It's pretty interesting that RE4 didn't sell all that well, despite unprecedented critical acclaim and having the combined install base of GC and PS2. While RE5 is the best selling one in the franchise likely because of all the hype and acclaim RE4 generated over the years. This truly is one weird and fickle industry
http://i.imgur.com/WQJlV.png

User Info: OrgeLambart

OrgeLambart
1 month ago#44
Perthboy posted...
Capcom's biggest mistake was listening to the RE6 haters, should have struck while the iron was hot and made an RE6 Gold.
RE7 has effectively killed the franchise.

if the chart is correct it sold 4 million plus.. I doubt the next game is anything but a clone of RE7,, of course after they milk it with all the DLC you can imagine..
Xboxlive - Orge Lambart , Steam ID - Orge Lambart, PSN - Orgelambart

User Info: xenosaga123

xenosaga123
1 month ago#45
games that have at least a good designed playable female protagonist sell more than the ones that don't.

those without playable female protagonist for at least a whole story campaign's worth, are not even worth playing for free.

User Info: Cool_Dude667

Cool_Dude667
1 month ago#46
I bought RE5/6 but since 7 didn't have Coop or even Mercenaries it didn't to justify the price.
Not changing this sig until Christ returns -- Started 30 A.D
3770K @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance | GTX 670 SLi

User Info: Tyranius2

Tyranius2
1 month ago#47
Marketing and hype sells games. It's no surprise at all RE5 and 6 sit at the top.
Bolsonaro 2018
Fizz Buzz for life

User Info: Darkstorm16

Darkstorm16
1 month ago#48
So for Revelations I’m taking it they are including the 3DS? Because I could’ve sworn it’s sales were higher?
Nintendo Network/PSN: Desertking24/Steam:Desertking23
Mario Maker: 4481-0000-0110-25DA

User Info: Tyranius2

Tyranius2
1 month ago#49
xenosaga123 posted...
games that have at least a good designed playable female protagonist sell more than the ones that don't.

those without playable female protagonist for at least a whole story campaign's worth, are not even worth playing for free.

Dumbest thing I've read today
Bolsonaro 2018
Fizz Buzz for life

User Info: ImaPC

ImaPC
1 month ago#50
xenosaga123 posted...

It's certainly a big selling point for me. The female characters and the costumes were always one of my favorite things about the series. RE is dead to me now though after 7. Not my kind of game anymore. 5, 6 and Rev 1 is best.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Capcom reveals lifetime sales of the Resident Evil franchise

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived