This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Apparently the Denuvo from games released this Fall/Autumn is from early 2017.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Apparently the Denuvo from games released this Fall/Autumn is from early 2017.

User Info: yohabroha

yohabroha
1 month ago#11
and also to TC, great. in any other industry, denuvo's name would've been completely tarnished and nobody would be using them by now. why anyone would ever give money to a DRM company that doesn't provide actual DRM is beyond me, but hey we've seen just how horrendously these big companies are run lately. so let them keep spending money on it, let the DRM get more intrusive, they will still never beat hackers who don't have to follow rules, deadlines or stick to contract terms.
"Myself I am a PC Gamer but I am forced to keep this side of me hidden because of who I am and my brand integrity." - dan_fs

User Info: sonicteam2k1

sonicteam2k1
1 month ago#12
yohabroha posted...
and also to TC, great. in any other industry, denuvo's name would've been completely tarnished and nobody would be using them by now. why anyone would ever give money to a DRM company that doesn't provide actual DRM is beyond me, but hey we've seen just how horrendously these big companies are run lately. so let them keep spending money on it, let the DRM get more intrusive, they will still never beat hackers who don't have to follow rules, deadlines or stick to contract terms.

pretty much this. You tell a hacker they can't do something, those bastards will do it and make your life hell.
See The Game Collection
http://people.ign.com/nights_team2k7/games

User Info: pothocket

pothocket
1 month ago#13
The DRM contracts were made long ago. It's not like the dev is contacting Denuvo the week before release lol. No, that's done by the publisher and it was done a long time ago.

The current build of Denuvo has been cracked and any game released using it will be on file hosting sites within hours. So it's highly unlikely that any new contracts are currently being made. Denuvo is depending on the next version of their software (5.0 I think) and once that is released you better believe they'll get more contracts with publishers. After that it all depends on how long it takes for the new version to get cracked. If it doesn't take long that will hopefully be the end of it.
http://www.koalastothemax.com/?aHR0cDovL2kuaW1ndXIuY29tL3pnMGpYWDcuanBn

User Info: Pengu1n

Pengu1n
1 month ago#14
yohabroha posted...
Pengu1n posted...
ArcadeGuy posted...
A new revised protection is in the works for 2018 titles which could take hackers weeks to months to figure out, rather than days to hours. I wonder how long Denuvo can last unless a new competitor comes on the market.

Denuvo itself is still relatively new. The current version gets cracked early but the later versions will eventually be uncrackable and pirates aren't doing themselves any favours by shouting out how to crack the games that use it like the denuvo people somehow don't have access to the internet.

i don't know how you and others don't understand that denuvo is completely aware of how their games are getting cracked.

I didn't say i was unaware. I know that they know how there games are getting cracked because pirates are shouting it from rooftops and they just read how how its being done so they can fix the flaws that are allowing it to happen. The issue seems to be that some devs aren't using the latest version of the software and thats why they are getting cracked so quickly. but maybe that's down to price. Maybe the older revisions are cheaper to license than the latest one and they can't afford to pay the $100,000 license fee to license it.

User Info: DarkZV2Beta

DarkZV2Beta
1 month ago#15
More likely, you buy a license for whatever the current version is at the time you purchase it, so publishers will buy a license for Denuvo, stuff it into games, and assume the old one is just fine.
It's pretty nasty stuff, though. I don't know why people are okay with games being packed with malware just so that some faceless corporation can say the game failed for reasons other than piracy for a change.
a quad core i7 was just a rebranded celeron -Pengu1n
Anything that has 3p fps or better is fine with me -mucloud

User Info: randomoaf

randomoaf
1 month ago#16
Denuvo will get easier to crack, not harder.

User Info: rpgian

rpgian
1 month ago#17
It costs them a lot more in both time and money to build revisions to the drm than it does to tear it apart. Not to mention they have to get more and more aggressive which turns people off it more. (something about a game phoning in 2-3 to verfiy times an hour turned into hyper mode to 10,000 times in a minute for some games - that were defeated)

It's a losing war for the drm company, the publishers, and the customers. The crackers aren't in it for $. It's fun to them, like shadow boxing or turning toilet paper into an origami basket. I'd seriously stop taunting them if I sold digital products. I think they would do well not to go exclaiming how unsinkable the ship is to the whale with an iceberg dispensing minigun. I get they need to market to the publishers, but it's just a big red target that unifies the firing zone.

User Info: Heisenberg312

Heisenberg312
1 month ago#18
We need better denuvo. It's not fun reading how hackers can play games. I like it better when they sit and cry for months on end, while the rest of the pc master race makes fun of them.
Now, say my name.

User Info: sonicteam2k1

sonicteam2k1
1 month ago#19
Heisenberg312 posted...
We need better denuvo. It's not fun reading how hackers can play games. I like it better when they sit and cry for months on end, while the rest of the pc master race makes fun of them.

hackers aren't in it to play games. It's a challenge to them. Nothing more.
See The Game Collection
http://people.ign.com/nights_team2k7/games

User Info: MUD VIPER

MUD VIPER
1 month ago#20
Pengu1n posted...
ArcadeGuy posted...
A new revised protection is in the works for 2018 titles which could take hackers weeks to months to figure out, rather than days to hours. I wonder how long Denuvo can last unless a new competitor comes on the market.

Denuvo itself is still relatively new. The current version gets cracked early but the later versions will eventually be uncrackable and pirates aren't doing themselves any favours by shouting out how to crack the games that use it like the denuvo people somehow don't have access to the internet.

Perhaps that is why the scenes "aren't" shouting out how they've cracked it. Denuvo is a sinking a ship that is desperately trying to grab as much money as they can before totally sunk. The mistake in the beginning was that scenes did explain how they cracked it which was basically through an exploit. They likely didn't care because that method was not stable. However the scenes are staying quiet with their latest method which is an actual crack of Denuvo w/o taking advantage of an exploit. So meanwhile Denuvo can clamor they are making a new version, etc, etc, to calm dumbass publishers but the simple fact is w/o knowing the "how" scenes are cracking their software they are simply programming blind.
Console bug testing has been outsourced to gamers now. For $60 you too can become a game tester.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Apparently the Denuvo from games released this Fall/Autumn is from early 2017.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived