This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Apparently the Denuvo from games released this Fall/Autumn is from early 2017.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Apparently the Denuvo from games released this Fall/Autumn is from early 2017.

User Info: Pengu1n

Pengu1n
1 month ago#21
MUD VIPER posted...
Perhaps that is why the scenes "aren't" shouting out how they've cracked it. Denuvo is a sinking a ship that is desperately trying to grab as much money as they can before totally sunk. The mistake in the beginning was that scenes did explain how they cracked it which was basically through an exploit. They likely didn't care because that method was not stable. However the scenes are staying quiet with their latest method which is an actual crack of Denuvo w/o taking advantage of an exploit. So meanwhile Denuvo can clamor they are making a new version, etc, etc, to calm dumbass publishers but the simple fact is w/o knowing the "how" scenes are cracking their software they are simply programming blind.

Unless they have a mole who pretends to be part of the scene or they hire a hacker like sony did to help them protect against PSN hacks.

User Info: MUD VIPER

MUD VIPER
1 month ago#22
Pengu1n posted...
MUD VIPER posted...
Perhaps that is why the scenes "aren't" shouting out how they've cracked it. Denuvo is a sinking a ship that is desperately trying to grab as much money as they can before totally sunk. The mistake in the beginning was that scenes did explain how they cracked it which was basically through an exploit. They likely didn't care because that method was not stable. However the scenes are staying quiet with their latest method which is an actual crack of Denuvo w/o taking advantage of an exploit. So meanwhile Denuvo can clamor they are making a new version, etc, etc, to calm dumbass publishers but the simple fact is w/o knowing the "how" scenes are cracking their software they are simply programming blind.

Unless they have a mole who pretends to be part of the scene or they hire a hacker like sony did to help them protect against PSN hacks.

And that Tom Clancy scenario is under complete assumption that a scene is comprised of a group of people rather than one individual who cracks the software and allows others to distribute it under his/her scene name.
Console bug testing has been outsourced to gamers now. For $60 you too can become a game tester.

User Info: Heisenberg312

Heisenberg312
1 month ago#23
sonicteam2k1 posted...
Heisenberg312 posted...
We need better denuvo. It's not fun reading how hackers can play games. I like it better when they sit and cry for months on end, while the rest of the pc master race makes fun of them.

hackers aren't in it to play games. It's a challenge to them. Nothing more.

That doesn't make sense.
Winning an election is a challenge.
Running a marathon is a challenge.
Working for NASA is a challenge.
It can't even be argued that it helps the poor stupid pirates that spent all their money on a high end pc.
Cracking Denuvo is a akin to teabagging or pushing the elderly down. They are just being dicks, and that's all.
Now, say my name.

User Info: Lonestar2000

Lonestar2000
1 month ago#24
Pengu1n posted...
MUD VIPER posted...

The Denuvo team is made up of former game crackers.
Rumble Roses. Someone enters the room. Them: O_O Me: What?! I always play games without my pants on!- Inmate 922335
#ImpeachTrump

User Info: sonicteam2k1

sonicteam2k1
1 month ago#25
Heisenberg312 posted...
sonicteam2k1 posted...
Heisenberg312 posted...
We need better denuvo. It's not fun reading how hackers can play games. I like it better when they sit and cry for months on end, while the rest of the pc master race makes fun of them.

hackers aren't in it to play games. It's a challenge to them. Nothing more.

That doesn't make sense.
Winning an election is a challenge.
Running a marathon is a challenge.
Working for NASA is a challenge.
It can't even be argued that it helps the poor stupid pirates that spent all their money on a high end pc.
Cracking Denuvo is a akin to teabagging or pushing the elderly down. They are just being dicks, and that's all.

*sigh*
See The Game Collection
http://people.ign.com/nights_team2k7/games

User Info: Love_Me_Sexy

Love_Me_Sexy
1 month ago#26
sylverlolol posted...
candlefighter posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...
SinisterSlay posted...
This
https://imgur.com/d1IeNHc

Voice actors are already overpaid. Put it towards the hardworking codemonkeys.

That

What he said.

Definitely this. Voice acting should be someone’s side job, not a $100k/year career.

User Info: Killah Priest

Killah Priest
1 month ago#27
why the hate on voice actors?

some are really excellent and when forced to do like monster voices it can be very strenuous on your vocal cords.

I mean it shouldn't be a 100k a year career but still, side job... thats not fair its not easy to do.
The Infamous...
If you're one of us then roll with us.

User Info: Love_Me_Sexy

Love_Me_Sexy
1 month ago#28
Killah Priest posted...

some are really excellent and when forced to do like monster voices it can be very strenuous on your vocal cords.

I mean it shouldn't be a 100k a year career but still, side job... thats not fair its not easy to do.

Being a mechanic is strenuous on their entire body, it’s not easy to do.

Being a plumber is strenuous on their entire body, it’s not easy to do

Etc, etc.

I can think of a thousand more jobs that deserve more money than someone growling into a microphone and complaining “their throat hurts...”.

User Info: Killah Priest

Killah Priest
1 month ago#29
I don't even really like voice acting anyways because I read much faster but calling is a side job is kinda silly.

whatever tho not a big deal.
The Infamous...
If you're one of us then roll with us.

User Info: Voxwik

Voxwik
1 month ago#30
Love_Me_Sexy posted...
Killah Priest posted...

Being a mechanic is strenuous on their entire body, it’s not easy to do.

Being a plumber is strenuous on their entire body, it’s not easy to do

Etc, etc.

I can think of a thousand more jobs that deserve more money than someone growling into a microphone and complaining “their throat hurts...”.

Meanwhile in the real world, it actually does strain their throat.

Killah Priest posted...

If workers dare imply they are anything but grateful to be exploited for the lowest price possible or demand any kind of rights they will be branded as "lazy" or "not doing real work." That's not even touching on the widespread anti-union propaganda, such as the (false) idea that all unions will unconditionally protect a terrible worker.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Apparently the Denuvo from games released this Fall/Autumn is from early 2017.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived