This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is Telltale Seriously Incapable Of Making REAL Games? No More Movies!

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Is Telltale Seriously Incapable Of Making REAL Games? No More Movies!

User Info: Freelance_Wolf

Freelance_Wolf
2 months ago#11
Silly_Topic posted...
Freelance_Wolf posted...
Just don't play them then if you don't like them. Let other people who like their games enjoy them.

No. The more IP's Telltales work on, the more they take away from other talented developers who could be making the game with actual gameplay. If a publisher sees that the Telltales games sell, then they continue to have it churned out and take less risks to develop other times of games.

...What? That's the silliest thing I've ever heard. Fits you to a T.

User Info: Silly_Topic

Silly_Topic
2 months ago#12
Freelance_Wolf posted...
Silly_Topic posted...
Freelance_Wolf posted...
Just don't play them then if you don't like them. Let other people who like their games enjoy them.

No. The more IP's Telltales work on, the more they take away from other talented developers who could be making the game with actual gameplay. If a publisher sees that the Telltales games sell, then they continue to have it churned out and take less risks to develop other times of games.

...What? That's the silliest thing I've ever heard. Fits you to a T.

Publishers go for money. Telltale games make money. Telltales is known as a reputable company with movies that satisfy people with no real attention span. And they don't break the bank.

So in a choice between a developer who would work on gameplay(but the game may cost more to make and more effort) and a movie, publishers are more likely to have telltales work on their established IP.

User Info: TomatoDragon

TomatoDragon
2 months ago#13
Visual novels and walking sims are a thing, I dont see any reason why interactive films shouldn't be.

I dunno wtf your talking about with the pc game comment though... those games being designed as multiplatform titles and all.

Silly_Topic
2 months ago#14
TomatoDragon posted...
Visual novels and walking sims are a thing, I dont see any reason why interactive films shouldn't be.

I dunno wtf your talking about with the pc game comment though... those games being designed as multiplatform titles and all.

So you like garbage.... Seems to be the case with you lot

settling for mediocrity and poor excuses for so called "games"

User Info: Freelance_Wolf

Freelance_Wolf
1 month ago#15
None of what the TC is saying makes many sense. Telltale isn't the first company to make interactive movie games. The genre has been around since the 80s, and nothing 'terrible' has happened.

TC I don't even like Telltale much (I only like BttF and MI), but calling insulting others who like these kind of games is stupid. Let people like what they want and leave them alone. It's called opinions. It doesn't bother me at all if people like games I don't like.

User Info: Heisenberg312

Heisenberg312
1 month ago#16
I like Talltale games. They are pretty interesting.
I don't think I would want to buy a talltale version of batman arkham game. Just a good batman story, thank you.
Now, say my name.

User Info: TheRaging

TheRaging
1 month ago#17
Love the Telltale games, The Walking Dead and The Wolf Among Us especially!
Enthoo EVOLV ATX | i7-6850K | X99A Gaming Pro Carbon | Dominator Platinum 32GB 3200 MHz | EVGA 1080 Ti | 840 Evo 250GBx2 | SuperNOVA 1200 P2

Silly_Topic
1 month ago#18
Freelance_Wolf posted...
None of what the TC is saying makes many sense. Telltale isn't the first company to make interactive movie games. The genre has been around since the 80s, and nothing 'terrible' has happened.

TC I don't even like Telltale much (I only like BttF), but calling insulting others who like these kind of games is stupid. Let people like what they want and leave them alone. It's called opinions. It doesn't bother me at all if people like games I don't like.

Some of those games required you to use your brain and implemented puzzles to atleast have some form of good interaction

Telltales game don't.

User Info: TomatoDragon

TomatoDragon
1 month ago#19
Silly_Topic posted...
TomatoDragon posted...

So you like garbage.... Seems to be the case with you lot

settling for mediocrity and poor excuses for so called "games"

This is a great day!

I have a new toxic gamefaqer to mess with!

As far as your opinions listed above go, as a dbz fan, you really don't have the right to call anything with a decent story garbage. Now be a good lad and fiddle with your switch and it's tiny library while we enjoy are awesome pc's that can play damn near anything, watch netflix, and serf the web... AT THE SAME TIME!

User Info: Noel H.

Noel H.
1 month ago#20
Still waiting for the next Tales of Monkey Island. Not a big fan of their visual novel games.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Is Telltale Seriously Incapable Of Making REAL Games? No More Movies!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived