This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is Telltale Seriously Incapable Of Making REAL Games? No More Movies!

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Is Telltale Seriously Incapable Of Making REAL Games? No More Movies!

User Info: Silly_Topic

Silly_Topic
1 month ago#21
TomatoDragon posted...
Silly_Topic posted...
TomatoDragon posted...
Visual novels and walking sims are a thing, I dont see any reason why interactive films shouldn't be.

I dunno wtf your talking about with the pc game comment though... those games being designed as multiplatform titles and all.

So you like garbage.... Seems to be the case with you lot

settling for mediocrity and poor excuses for so called "games"

This is a great day!

I have a new toxic gamefaqer to mess with!

As far as your opinions listed above go, as a dbz fan, you really don't have the right to call anything with a decent story garbage. Now be a good lad and fiddle with your switch and it's tiny library while we enjoy are awesome pc's that can play damn near anything, watch netflix, and serf the web... AT THE SAME TIME!

okay?

User Info: iammaxhailme

iammaxhailme
1 month ago#22
I
WANT
SAM AND MAX
I
WANT
SAM AND MAX

season 4 when
Best weapon combo in tf2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oUWPbS4450&feature=channel_video_title
http://www.last.fm/user/iammax

User Info: TomatoDragon

TomatoDragon
1 month ago#23
Silly_Topic posted...
TomatoDragon posted...
Silly_Topic posted...
TomatoDragon posted...
Visual novels and walking sims are a thing, I dont see any reason why interactive films shouldn't be.

I dunno wtf your talking about with the pc game comment though... those games being designed as multiplatform titles and all.

So you like garbage.... Seems to be the case with you lot

settling for mediocrity and poor excuses for so called "games"

This is a great day!

I have a new toxic gamefaqer to mess with!

As far as your opinions listed above go, as a dbz fan, you really don't have the right to call anything with a decent story garbage. Now be a good lad and fiddle with your switch and it's tiny library while we enjoy are awesome pc's that can play damn near anything, watch netflix, and serf the web... AT THE SAME TIME!

okay?

yeah! you only thought you wanted attention with your pitiful troll attempt here and the ps4 board, you didn't think you would catch the attention of a real DRAGON!

Bazinga!
The cranky hermit 1 month ago#24
Noel H. posted...
Still waiting for the next Tales of Monkey Island. Not a big fan of their visual novel games.

Be careful what you wish for. If Telltale makes a new Monkey Island, what kind of game do you think they'd make it as?
http://thecrankyhermit.shoutwiki.com
Year-by-year analysis of the finest gaming has to offer, and (eventually) more!

User Info: CrestedTax

CrestedTax
1 month ago#25
I want FIFA to have less football, damn you EA Sports.

User Info: Freelance_Wolf

Freelance_Wolf
1 month ago#26
iammaxhailme posted...
I
WANT
SAM AND MAX
I
WANT
SAM AND MAX

season 4 when

Did you play Sam and Max Hit the Road? IMO it's far better (and funnier) than Telltale's game.

User Info: Kokuei05

Kokuei05
1 month ago#27
I used to like Telltale and would follow every game they would release. Their Sam and Max games are fantastic. Their Tales of Monkey Island season was just as good as the originals. Their Wallace and Gromit season was hilarious. Their David Lynch style game of Puzzle Agent was a huge WTF success.

Then they started to look for licenses of tv shows and movie franchises. Now they're just interactive movies.
i7-6700K | Team Vulcan 16GB 3000Mhz | MSI z170a SLI PLUS | EVGA 650W G2 | Zotac 8GB GTX 1080 Mini | EA232WMI
e7470 | i5-6300U | 8GB DDR4 || Surface Pro 2 i5.

User Info: arleas

arleas
1 month ago#28
Kokuei05 posted...
Then they started to look for licenses of tv shows and movie franchises. Now they're just interactive movies.

And if people keep eating it up, then that's all they'll ever churn out. Why make an effort when you can take a license and apply a barebones story to it and rake in the money? If they stopped making money doing this, they might try something else.

tl;dr stop buying their games (and if you already stopped, then pray that other people come to the same realization) and if they don't do something you like, MOVE ON.
http://steamsignature.com/profile/english/76561197969913402.png http://i.imgur.com/VHKOxqN.png
FC: 3325-5440-8407 Dream Code:5E00-0013-7C61

User Info: Boge

Boge
1 month ago#29
I love Telltale games. There are enough developers out there making first person shooters. It's nice to have one making some different games with great stories for a change.

If you don't like their games, why not just ignore them?
With deeper knowledge and experience, everything becomes more shallow.

User Info: OUberLord

OUberLord
1 month ago#30
Silly_Topic posted...
The more IP's Telltales work on, the more they take away from other talented developers who could be making the game with actual gameplay.

You realize that more than one developer can work on the same IP at the same time, right? Especially when they are working within two different genres?
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Is Telltale Seriously Incapable Of Making REAL Games? No More Movies!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived