This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is Telltale Seriously Incapable Of Making REAL Games? No More Movies!

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Is Telltale Seriously Incapable Of Making REAL Games? No More Movies!

User Info: Nixemo

Nixemo
1 month ago#31
The Wallace and Gromit and Sam & Max games were great. The less adventure-y game type recent games... not as much.
Listen to post-punk.

User Info: -GhosT-

-GhosT-
1 month ago#32
FYI, They're called

"Tell" "Tale".

Not "Diversify Gameplay".

Also that name screams troll thread gg
I'm A Man of Principles, Damn Near Invincible
www.twitch.tv/GilgameshGG
The cranky hermit 1 month ago#33
FYI, they used to make games that had gameplay in them, similar to how adventure games used to be. And they were called Telltale back then too. Pseudo-semantic argument is dumb.
http://thecrankyhermit.shoutwiki.com
Year-by-year analysis of the finest gaming has to offer, and (eventually) more!

User Info: -GhosT-

-GhosT-
1 month ago#34
Forget semantics, then. They are chalking up constant wins and selling millions of copies by getting to work on established IP's, and you're wondering why they don't change their gameplay?

It's called "the dominant strategy". When you find a winning combo, why would you not stop using it until the circumstances change?

Blame the consumers and the IP's, not Telltale. Also, not everybody enjoys the same IP's. Fans of Telltale's Batman game may not be the same type that enjoy the Game of Thrones game. That means different niche target demographics, and that's all that is really needed if you want to "diversify" your sales. Not gameplay.

EDIT: By the way, I want to make it clear that I am not a Telltale game fan in the slightest. I've played the first 2 episodes of The Walking Dead, and me not being a fan of that IP, I was discouraged by how they make it pseudo-interactive by giving you "choices", while not really giving you any.

I'm only refuting the idea that it's a bad idea for an IP to recruit Telltale Games to make a game for them. The insurance of a critical commercial success can only reinforce the idea in the bigwigs' minds that video games are a decent outlet for them to invest into. It's a safe stepping stone for series to cross before they delve into the Arkham Asylum -> etc. direction.

IMHO.
I'm A Man of Principles, Damn Near Invincible
www.twitch.tv/GilgameshGG

User Info: Delta_Force

Delta_Force
1 month ago#35
Sounds like TC wants more action-y comicbook games and that's fine.
Lets look back at the last great one...
Batman Arkham series, well damn that really was a great series, what else do we have...
Umm...
Well...
Uhh.. ok then how about not so great games?

But we had Thor, Captain America, Spider-Man, IronMan, more Baman games. Wait a minute, all those sucked ass! (With a few exceptions.) Umm yeah! TC clearly wants more of those! If it weren't for Telltale we'd be getting more of those gems!

Telltale, you didn't make the Arkham Series and you didn't make the other pieces of s*** mentioned. But please make more games like those please because one miss guided person wants you to.

Or stick to what you do best and maybe have one or two improvements along the way.
More Bush on Obama's Clinton!
What the hell does "should of" mean?

User Info: rpgian

rpgian
1 month ago#36
It's called TELL TALE. Not Play Game.
If you go in expecting anything other than click next text, or the mind melting meth smoking auto fwd text mode, you're going to be disappointed.

It's fanfics for popular series you've never wanted and hopefully can't stand. Mad Moxxi placed the fleshlight in her Lincler hat, placing on the mysterious strangers crotch. As something moist, with a rancid smell as if it were well used, tickled his radiation scorched groin, knock knock knock a midget wearing another mans face enters. Say there pal, have I got an offer for you. Coupons for pizza, and credits for the arcade. I just need you to steal some motherboards from Father Pain up yonder on Mt. Mcdeadearthman

User Info: DiviDude

DiviDude
1 month ago#37
I got a real game for you right here

*grabs crotch*

User Info: Golden_Gonads

Golden_Gonads
1 month ago#38
Hey, if PlayStation and Xbox fans weren't buying them, maybe they would have changed up the formula.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Is Telltale Seriously Incapable Of Making REAL Games? No More Movies!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived