This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I finally cracked and bought The Witcher 3 GOTY on PC for $20!!!

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. I finally cracked and bought The Witcher 3 GOTY on PC for $20!!!

User Info: LuigiFan835

LuigiFan835
1 month ago#41
Combat is a bit mediocre, fantastic game though
3DS FC:1375-8350-6103; Switch FC: 5454-0571-3814; NNID: MARIOS_BRO123
"Mario and Luigi Paper Jam is better then Paper Mario TTYD" -SeamusOHassey

User Info: NewportBox100s

NewportBox100s
1 month ago#42
LuigiFan835 posted...
Combat is a bit mediocre, fantastic game though

I got this for the combat and XP...
http://twitter.com/ChaseBurr http://instagram.com/gucciplatinum
http://youtube.com/user/OmegaWeaponFFVIII http://last.fm/user/Fire_Thief

User Info: yohabroha

yohabroha
1 month ago#43
...you bought a game for the experience points? what the f*** does that even mean? and nice, you bought a game who's one universally contested aspect is the combat, specifically for the combat.
"Myself I am a PC Gamer but I am forced to keep this side of me hidden because of who I am and my brand integrity." - dan_fs

User Info: BearShrooms

BearShrooms
1 month ago#44
-GhosT- posted...
Combat is serviceable, and it definitely becomes a matter of life or death if you crank it up to Death March. People who trash the game for its combat would definitely be the same that said Morrowind was bad because of it, whereas there's a system to which to make Geralt fun to fight with, and a progression endeavor to create appropriately-leveled gear to take on the next part of the quest.

If you're on GameFAQs, you're already the type of person that will take the time to appreciate the systems that eventually develop into a very deep combat system, whereas it might appear as choppy to the uninformed player, who doesn't invest a little time in reading a little on what Signs do, and how to use them properly.

You'll be surprised when you hit lvl 9-10 where every encounter that was so unwittingly impossible suddenly becomes an enjoyable struggle, then a complete walk in the park as you keenly devise your strategy.

Death March or bust, in my case. (Beat it twice, best game of the decade so far.)

IMHO.

This is absolute hogwash.

On "Death March", the hardest difficulty, it's dodge until it's your turn to attack and then attack a time or two and back off. You don't need to use any signs or potions or grenades or anything. There's nothing "deep" about the combat here.

User Info: KMacz31

KMacz31
1 month ago#45
yohabroha posted...
...you bought a game for the experience points? what the f*** does that even mean? and nice, you bought a game who's one universally contested aspect is the combat, specifically for the combat.

I know the real reason he bought it.

Let's just be honest TC, you bought it because it was on sale, with all the DLCs and plus the Witcher brand sounds appealing, so you bought it thinking you got something great.

Minor spoilers When you're chasing goats for a quest, you know this game has got problems.

User Info: Digital Storm

Digital Storm
1 month ago#46
I'm considering finally getting around to picking it up but, I just bought breath of the wild...
Ooo eee, oo ah ah, ting tang, walla walla bing bang.

User Info: Oakland510_

Oakland510_
1 month ago#47
Get ready for 150+ hours on your first playthrough if you do everything then there's NG+ and you could choose different dialog options, try different builds, etc. so 300+ hrs total

User Info: -GhosT-

-GhosT-
1 month ago#48
BearShrooms posted...

On "Death March", the hardest difficulty, it's dodge until it's your turn to attack and then attack a time or two and back off. You don't need to use any signs or potions or grenades or anything. There's nothing "deep" about the combat here.

Whatever you say, Stone Cold Steve Austin. If you can't figure out how to stagger foes, blind them, build up your crits, go ham with life leech or ANYTHING that can break the game in short, that's your own damn failing at gaming.

People saying something isn't deep because they're straight up left-clicking their way through fights, without acknowledging that a player with a little strategy can do them 10 TIMES FASTER, aren't exactly points of reference when it comes to judging a battle system.

It was the same thing with FFXIII. "Meh you can just auto-attack the boss for about 25 minutes and boom it's done". Holy s***, good job man, by that time I'll be 3 chapters ahead of you.
I'm A Man of Principles, Damn Near Invincible
www.twitch.tv/GilgameshGG

User Info: BearShrooms

BearShrooms
1 month ago#49
-GhosT- posted...
BearShrooms posted...

Whatever you say, Stone Cold Steve Austin. If you can't figure out how to stagger foes, blind them, build up your crits, go ham with life leech or ANYTHING that can break the game in short, that's your own damn failing at gaming.

People saying something isn't deep because they're straight up left-clicking their way through fights, without acknowledging that a player with a little strategy can do them 10 TIMES FASTER, aren't exactly points of reference when it comes to judging a battle system.

It was the same thing with FFXIII. "Meh you can just auto-attack the boss for about 25 minutes and boom it's done". Holy s***, good job man, by that time I'll be 3 chapters ahead of you.

II'm saying it's not deep because it's flat, boring, predictable, and easy. The recipe for success is dodge, dodge, dodge, attack. You can add whatever "flair" you want, but the depth isn't there and it's real noticeable.

The rest of the game, however, is an absolute masterpiece.

User Info: Tyranius2

Tyranius2
1 month ago#50
Yeah, I'm even dead serious when I say I prefer Witcher 1 combat to Witcher 3. At least in Witcher 1 I can set Group Stance and murder everything around me in 2 seconds.
Bolsonaro 2018
Fizz Buzz for life
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. I finally cracked and bought The Witcher 3 GOTY on PC for $20!!!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived