This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Just have to love Windows 10.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Just have to love Windows 10.

User Info: Abiz_

Abiz_
1 month ago#1
Since yesterday my computer was running clunky. I was worried something was wrong. Apparently it was downloading the new creator update. It finally tells me it's ready to update about 24 hours after it started. My internet isn't slow. They should just tell you they are downloading a update and let you choose how much bandwidth it uses.

User Info: SinisterSlay

SinisterSlay
1 month ago#2
Abiz_ posted...
Since yesterday my computer was running clunky. I was worried something was wrong. Apparently it was downloading the new creator update. It finally tells me it's ready to update about 24 hours after it started. My internet isn't slow. They should just tell you they are downloading a update and let you choose how much bandwidth it uses.

Microsoft doesn't care about productivity or user experience, they just want you to install updates as soon as possible.
It's been that way since at least XP. Although Windows 8 and the forced restarts really drove it home.

Ironically, your screensaver can figure out if your computer is in use and not run. But windows update cannot?
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence

User Info: thanthen

thanthen
1 month ago#3
"Clunky" PC from downloading? Time to upgrade that potato.
I'm gonna stab the s*** out of you. - Detective Castellanos, renown art critic.

Abiz_
1 month ago#4
thanthen posted...
"Clunky" PC from downloading? Time to upgrade that potato.

I7-6700k...I'm good.

User Info: Kokuei05

Kokuei05
1 month ago#5
The only problem with Windows update is it downloads at random intervals. It can be stuck at 21% for hours then suddenly start downloading again. If you use your router to monitor bandwidth use, you'll see nothing happening most of the time.

However, your PC feeling like s*** due to the fact that you're downloading an update is an user error issue.
i7-6700K | Team Vulcan 16GB 3000Mhz | MSI z170a SLI PLUS | EVGA 650W G2 | Zotac 8GB GTX 1080 Mini | EA232WMI
e7470 | i5-6300U | 8GB DDR4 || Surface Pro 2 i5.

User Info: boochy

boochy
1 month ago#6
My computer is currently downloading the update and my computer is running just fine.

Problem is you bro.
PSN ID/Steam ID - DuckTalesLOL/Duck Tales LOL
Intel I7 5820k(4.4ghz)- 16GB Corsair Vengeance - EVGA 1080 TI - Acer Predator 27" 144hz Gsync monitor

User Info: CursedPanther

CursedPanther
1 month ago#7
I used the independent MS Update Tool for this build upgrade. Downloaded and installed the whole thing in the background. It even had a countdown timer to the restart on the UI.

Abiz_
1 month ago#8
Kokuei05 posted...
However, your PC feeling like s*** due to the fact that you're downloading an update is an user error issue.

Go on... I mean if it's a user error. You most know the fix. I haven't tried to alter anything relating to the os.

I'm just going to assume it was uploading to other people because my upload speed kept jumping up. Which is why my computer was clunky.

User Info: Born Lucky

Born Lucky
1 month ago#9
I checked updates , and it said the creators update was ready
Then it asked me if I wanted to install now or schedule a time
I said "now", and went to lunch.
When I came back , it was finished.
Corsair 550D/ Gigabyte Z170X Gaming3 / Vengeance 16GB DDR4 2666 / i-5 6600k / MSI Twin Frozr VI GTX 1060 / Thermaltake NiC C5

User Info: arleas

arleas
1 month ago#10
Abiz_ posted...
I'm just going to assume it was uploading to other people because my upload speed kept jumping up. Which is why my computer was clunky.

So you don't mind microsoft using your bandwidth like that? Obviously you do or you wouldn't be complaining about the computer feeling clunky and blaming it on uploads.

https://www.howtogeek.com/224981/how-to-stop-windows-10-from-uploading-updates-to-other-pcs-over-the-internet/
http://steamsignature.com/profile/english/76561197969913402.png http://i.imgur.com/VHKOxqN.png
FC: 3325-5440-8407 Dream Code:5E00-0013-7C61
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Just have to love Windows 10.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived