This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Slander against Japanese gaming industry are insane

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Slander against Japanese gaming industry are insane

User Info: randomoaf

randomoaf
1 month ago#1
Japanese have been taking care of gamers from the NES all the way up to PS2. Even for PS3, they had initiatives to deliver high quality content. They have been stagnating, yes, because of economy but the slander against them is unjustified.

The latest trend is to blame Japanese for Denuvo locks and somehow Japanese are the worst offenders for Denuvo locks despite the fact that Denuvo was created in Austria by Europeans. The first 6 games were western games, then 18 games after that until Japan had two. Following that, 17 games. Then 19 games until Japan had another two.

The worst things to exist now such as DLC, broken games, microtransactions, were all products of the western gaming industry starting with Xbox 360. Before that, we used to buy games for 49.99 and they were complete.

User Info: Ultimate_Noob

Ultimate_Noob
1 month ago#2
Who blamed Japan
A pc's brain is the cpu, its heart is the motherboard, its stomach is the hard drive, and its anus is the user.

User Info: Black_Assassin

Black_Assassin
1 month ago#3
randomoaf posted...
The worst things to exist now such as DLC

Try checking some day how much DLC Idolm@ster has.
Want to cure diseases with your spare computing power?
http://folding.stanford.edu/

User Info: Freelance_Wolf

Freelance_Wolf
1 month ago#4
I don't see any slander to be honest.

User Info: Jedi454

Jedi454
1 month ago#5
Anyone who adds Denuvo deserves shade, it's not exclusive to Japanese publishers.
If you don't like microtransactions in full priced AAA games, vote with your wallet and don't buy those games.

User Info: Hanlo_is_back

Hanlo_is_back
1 month ago#6
I don't see much of people saying Japanese games suck, more that "weab" games suck.
It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum, and I'm all out of gum

User Info: randomoaf

randomoaf
1 month ago#7
Hanlo_is_back posted...
I don't see much of people saying Japanese games suck, more that "weab" games suck.

The thing is, every Japanese game is labeled "weeb" nowadays. If it doesn't have a white male on the front or has something Asian in it's theme, it's weeb. Even if it's not anime.

User Info: Knighted Dragon

Knighted Dragon
1 month ago#8
I get pretty annoyed with Japanese developers because of how stubborn they are, like how so many of them refuse to release patch notes that actually tell you what they changed, and how many of them refuse to make games available on PC.

But there's lots of good Japanese developers too, I wouldn't go so far as to automatically assume they are all bad just because a lot of popular ones are
Proverbs 3:5 & Galatians 2:20 & John 14:6
http://i.imgur.com/heRqmfH.jpg

User Info: Silvererazor

Silvererazor
1 month ago#9
Never seen anyone "slander" japanese companies for introducing Denuvo or DLCs.

The only thing which is even remotely true, is, that most japanese games are called "weeb-games" by certain people.

User Info: thatauthor

thatauthor
1 month ago#10
randomoaf posted...
The thing is, every Japanese game is labeled "weeb" nowadays. If it doesn't have a white male on the front or has something Asian in it's theme, it's weeb. Even if it's not anime.

which is full of s***. Binary Domain is a good game. while it's set in Japan and has an Asian main character(who's not even Japanese), they hardly mean anything. that'd be like calling Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2(and the Modern Warfare series as whole) Russian because the bad guys are Russian and parts of it(even if not all of it does) takes place in Russia and there's playable Russian characters.

if I didn't know better, I might think Binary Domain was American. I could also say similar things about Vanquish.
I have to browse like a peasant ~ pizzaman95
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Slander against Japanese gaming industry are insane

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived