This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Slander against Japanese gaming industry are insane

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Slander against Japanese gaming industry are insane

User Info: rpgian

rpgian
1 month ago#11
They are brainwashing America with chinpokemon as they build up a massive armada to make sushi slaves out of all Californians. That's slander. However it's so silly you'd have to read the onion or infowars to not just shove it off as a queef from a stranger.

User Info: Dyshonest

Dyshonest
1 month ago#12
If weeb game sucks, dudebro 'murica games suck too, right?

User Info: sfcalimari

sfcalimari
1 month ago#13
a) Japanese developers probably go with Denuvo because they're used to the console market where they control content and software security, and Denuvo is basically using outsourcing so they can attain this control and security and thus feel more in control. They're scared by new things like Steam and don't realize games on Steam already have DRM and yet people buy them by the digital truckload.

b) Japanese work culture is hierarchical which means they are very resistant to change, very reluctant to admit mistakes which would make them lose face, and high-up people like game directors or CEO's are expected to be able to do things without communicating why they've done it and they expect to not be questioned or criticized by their employees or customers.

c) with all that said, I bet you that Japanese consumers are still very critical of pc developer decisions, but nobody tells us English-language gamers about a lot of their criticism because 1) it would risk embarrassing Japan and 2) nobody thinks we care.
i wanna walk out into the night
without it being running away

User Info: randomoaf

randomoaf
1 month ago#14
Maybe I'm blowing it out of proportion in the context of Gfaqs but I see a lot of the aforementioned sentiments on Reddit. It's gotten very annoying. Sorry I had to vent on here rather than there.

User Info: thelocalhentai

thelocalhentai
1 month ago#15
As s***ty as denuvo is (and it really is), wanting to protect your work isn't some crazy malicious intent, it's normal. Even though there are a lot of easy sauce DRM (like steam), denuvo seems to be the most market open out of them since it's not tied to an online service like steam.

Oh god, I feel filthy now, defended denuvo.

User Info: CursedPanther

CursedPanther
1 month ago#16
Having gone through hundreds of threads trash-talking Denuvo in every possible way, this is the first time Japan or Japanese related being mentioned.

What...?

User Info: Heisenberg312

Heisenberg312
1 month ago#17
No one is making fun of your waifu, TC.
just kidding, she's s***
Now, say my name.

User Info: arleas

arleas
1 month ago#18
Yeah I don't see Japan being slandered especially when it comes to Denuvo. I see people b****ing about "yet another game with Denuvo" and then 1-3 days later cheering as "(insert game here) cracked in (1-3) days!".

It's not people upset with Japan. It's people upset with Denuvo. At least not here. You mentioned Reddit...well reddit is a different echo chamber. Here when people yell about weeb s***, it's because they think it's cool to yell about weeb s*** so they yell about it. It's stupid to yell about it but oh well.

I don't know about reddit though. I think each subreddit is its own echo chamber where the mods are the people who filter out anything they don't like. Maybe find a better subreddit?
http://steamsignature.com/profile/english/76561197969913402.png http://i.imgur.com/VHKOxqN.png
FC: 3325-5440-8407 Dream Code:5E00-0013-7C61

User Info: SinisterSlay

SinisterSlay
1 month ago#19
Lest we forget
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sony_BMG_copy_protection_rootkit_scandal
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence

User Info: randomoaf

randomoaf
1 month ago#20
SinisterSlay posted...
Lest we forget
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sony_BMG_copy_protection_rootkit_scandal

American division ran by white and or Jewish people.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Slander against Japanese gaming industry are insane

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived