This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I'm looking for a new video card.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. I'm looking for a new video card.

User Info: thatauthor

thatauthor
1 month ago#1
I think I want a GTX 1060 or the Radeon equivalent. I'd get the 1070 or equivalent because I currently have 570 but it's around an extra $200 on top of what I'm already spending. I've also heard that (regardless of accuracy) the X60(say the 660) is equivalent to the X70(say the 570) of the series before it.

as for which one I should get, I've heard that EVGA is a good GPU company. I dunno about Radeon. maybe MSI? I think there's multiple versions of each card. which one should I get? I know that GPUs also have deals going sometimes. I've heard of games being packaged with games. I saw Shadow of War offered with one GPU but I don't remember which one. it was probably the 1070 or 180 though. I don;t really need extra stuff to overclock since I don't plan on overclocking.

my specs:
I5-2500k
GTX 570
16 GB ram
750 watt power supply.
win7 64bit
I have to browse like a peasant ~ pizzaman95

User Info: WalkingPlague

WalkingPlague
1 month ago#2
thatauthor posted...
I think I want a GTX 1060 or the Radeon equivalent. I'd get the 1070 or equivalent because I currently have 570 but it's around an extra $200 on top of what I'm already spending. I've also heard that (regardless of accuracy) the X60(say the 660) is equivalent to the X70(say the 570) of the series before it.

as for which one I should get, I've heard that EVGA is a good GPU company. I dunno about Radeon. maybe MSI? I think there's multiple versions of each card. which one should I get? I know that GPUs also have deals going sometimes. I've heard of games being packaged with games. I saw Shadow of War offered with one GPU but I don't remember which one. it was probably the 1070 or 180 though. I don;t really need extra stuff to overclock since I don't plan on overclocking.

my specs:
I5-2500k
GTX 570
16 GB ram
750 watt power supply.
win7 64bit

1070 Ti is coming out soon. Otherwise, if you can, go for the 1070 or go for the 1060 6GB. If you're just going for 1080p/60fps -- 1060 6GB is great.
Ryzen 1600X @ 3.8Ghz | MSI B350 'Bazooka' | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti | Corsair Vengeance 16GB 3200mhz | Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO

thatauthor
1 month ago#3
The 1070 and 1070 ti are too expensive. My budget is $300 Canadian and the 1070 is $500+ Canadian. the ti version will prolly be more. as such, I can not get either.

I plan on only using 1080p/60 FPS (or lower) on mostly older games. The only new games I may have are low requirement ones. which means that the 1060 will not only suit my needs, but also my budget. dunno which one to get though. Maybe the 6 GB one.

User Info: MasterFeeler

MasterFeeler
1 month ago#4
If you can't wait then get the 1060 6gb or RX 570 8gb.

I'd get the RX 570 because it's funny that you can replace your 570 with another 570.
i5-3570k, 8gb, R9 270
i5-5200u, 8gb, 940m
(message deleted)

thatauthor
1 month ago#6
MasterFeeler posted...

I'd get the RX 570 because it's funny that you can replace your 570 with another 570.

I like your reasoning. the only reasons I would go Nvidia over the RX 570 are becuase I've only had Nvidia cards that served me well and because I've heard AMD tends to be hotter than Nvidia or something.

edit: what would be better as a video card: an Nvidia 7900(dunno which one) or a IntelĀ® HD Graphics 3000?

User Info: MasterFeeler

MasterFeeler
1 month ago#7
thatauthor posted...
MasterFeeler posted...

I like your reasoning. the only reasons I would go Nvidia over the RX 570 are becuase I've only had Nvidia cards that served me well and because I've heard AMD tends to be hotter than Nvidia or something.

edit: what would be better as a video card: an Nvidia 7900(dunno which one) or a IntelĀ® HD Graphics 3000?

AMD cards aren't running that hotter than Nvidia to be honest. It's a bit hotter but only by a few degrees.

Just get whichever is cheaper. I have a FreeSync Monitor so I'm heading AMD myself when they release the 600 series.

Uh,, I honestly dont know haha!
i5-3570k, 8gb, R9 270
i5-5200u, 8gb, 940m

thatauthor
1 month ago#8
MasterFeeler posted...
AMD cards aren't running that hotter than Nvidia to be honest. It's a bit hotter but only by a few degrees.

Just get whichever is cheaper. I have a FreeSync Monitor so I'm heading AMD myself when they release the 600 series.

ah ok. thanks.

User Info: -GhosT-

-GhosT-
1 month ago#9
I bought an AMD 290 4GB vRAM 3 years ago, ran Witcher 3 on Ultra for most settings and had an incredible experience, unless I was entering a town with 30+ NPC's on screen at a time (Novigrad).

Card broke, XFX sent me a 390 8GB vRAM in replacement, been coasting on everything I play since then.

I also have an i5 2500k and 16gb RAM. You would do incredibly well with a 570 8gb vRAM. If you plan to play on 1080p on a budget, anything else is overkill.

IMHO
I'm A Man of Principles, Damn Near Invincible
www.twitch.tv/GilgameshGG

thatauthor
1 month ago#10
-GhosT- posted...
I bought an AMD 290 4GB vRAM 3 years ago, ran Witcher 3 on Ultra for most settings and had an incredible experience, unless I was entering a town with 30+ NPC's on screen at a time (Novigrad).

Card broke, XFX sent me a 390 8GB vRAM in replacement, been coasting on everything I play since then.

I also have an i5 2500k and 16gb RAM. You would do incredibly well with a 570 8gb vRAM. If you plan to play on 1080p on a budget, anything else is overkill.

IMHO

Looks like Imma get a 570. Now I need to figure out which one.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. I'm looking for a new video card.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived