This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I'm looking for a new video card.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. I'm looking for a new video card.

User Info: maybecalls

maybecalls
1 month ago#11
I'm using an i5-2500 non-K with an R9 270. If I wanted to upgrade now I'd probably get a GTX 1060 6GB. I don't feel the need to upgrade yet, though. Maybe when Bannerlord is released.

User Info: ajxh

ajxh
1 month ago#12
thatauthor posted...
edit: what would be better as a video card: an Nvidia 7900(dunno which one) or a IntelĀ® HD Graphics 3000?

Any 7900 will probably be stronger, but the integrated Intel chipset has better support. Neither solution will allow you to play any D3D11 game, as neither solution supports it - at least I don't think so. At the very least performance would be greatly impacted.

Any D3D9 or older game should have full support, which would be most games up until 2011 or 2012.

User Info: CommunismFTW

CommunismFTW
1 month ago#13
maybecalls posted...
Maybe when Bannerlord is released.

Nvidia and AMD will be long gone by then. From the ashes of the market crash due to mining inflation, there will be WindowsTM Graphics Accelerator for $5999 dollars that allow for minimum settings.
Since only from below can one better see the heights.
http://i.imgur.com/OhZgm.jpg

User Info: ArkonBlade

ArkonBlade
1 month ago#14
I'd go with the GTX 1060 6GB
YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/ArkonBlade/videos
PSN - ArkonBlade XBL - The Wolf Shadow STEAM - ArkonBlade

User Info: zhenghan

zhenghan
1 month ago#15
ArkonBlade posted...
"dude i am like a 10 th grader,i am not smart i am not smart okay.i know basic english not level 100 english lol" -stephanielish

User Info: maybecalls

maybecalls
1 month ago#16
CommunismFTW posted...
maybecalls posted...
Maybe when Bannerlord is released.

Nvidia and AMD will be long gone by then. From the ashes of the market crash due to mining inflation, there will be WindowsTM Graphics Accelerator for $5999 dollars that allow for minimum settings.

Hahaha, the prophecy of the fabled sequel will be realised. I might be dead and gone by then, but.....

User Info: Silvererazor

Silvererazor
1 month ago#17
If based soley on the card, then 1060 (6gb), because it's cheaper than the RX 580 (8gb).
On the other hand, freesync of the AMD-card might be worth it to pay $50 more for the RX 580...

User Info: thatauthor

thatauthor
1 month ago#18
maybecalls posted...
I'm using an i5-2500 non-K with an R9 270. If I wanted to upgrade now I'd probably get a GTX 1060 6GB. I don't feel the need to upgrade yet, though. Maybe when Bannerlord is released.

zhenghan posted...
ArkonBlade posted...

is there something about the 1060 that makes it better than the 570? if there isn't, I'd rather get the 570.

ajxh posted...
Any 7900 will probably be stronger, but the integrated Intel chipset has better support. Neither solution will allow you to play any D3D11 game, as neither solution supports it - at least I don't think so. At the very least performance would be greatly impacted.

Any D3D9 or older game should have full support, which would be most games up until 2011 or 2012.

thanks!

Silvererazor posted...
If based soley on the card, then 1060 (6gb), because it's cheaper than the RX 580 (8gb).
On the other hand, freesync of the AMD-card might be worth it to pay $50 more for the RX 580...

You know I'm thinking about the 570, not the 580 right?
I have to browse like a peasant ~ pizzaman95

User Info: xk_gman

xk_gman
1 month ago#19
1060 6gb is a solid choice. I prefer the Asus Strix models over evga

User Info: thatauthor

thatauthor
1 month ago#20
xk_gman posted...
1060 6gb is a solid choice. I prefer the Asus Strix models over evga

why do you prefer Asus over EVGA?
I have to browse like a peasant ~ pizzaman95
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. I'm looking for a new video card.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived