This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I'm looking for a new video card.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. I'm looking for a new video card.

User Info: zhenghan

zhenghan
4 weeks ago#21
is there something about the 1060 that makes it better than the 570? if there isn't, I'd rather get the 570.

Power efficiency is something I really care about. Power efficiency directly translates to acoustics, temps, power usage, etc. which are all things I care about.
"dude i am like a 10 th grader,i am not smart i am not smart okay.i know basic english not level 100 english lol" -stephanielish

User Info: oblique365

oblique365
4 weeks ago#22
As a previous owner of an rx 470... I feel like it sucked. The gtx 1060 6b performs to the level i expected. The 470 not only fell short but there were annoying software issues too like the fans ramping up to max for no apparent reason, other annoying quirks. It didnt hold 60 fps at 1080p even with a manual overclock. Wattman crashing, etc.

I realize the refreshed 570 is 10% more powerful but i still think its a s*** buy compared to nvidias offering. Just speaking from personal experience.
i5 4590, Gigabyte B85M-DS3H-A mobo, 8gb ram, samsung 850 evo 250gb ssd, Wd blue 1tb Hdd, Evga 500w psu, Corsair carbide spec01 case, Msi gtx 1060 6gb

User Info: oblique365

oblique365
4 weeks ago#23
zhenghan posted...
is there something about the 1060 that makes it better than the 570? if there isn't, I'd rather get the 570.

Power efficiency is something I really care about. Power efficiency directly translates to acoustics, temps, power usage, etc. which are all things I care about.

Better performance, 2gb more vram, none of the quirks. You probably need the vram. I was maxing my 6gb in cod ww2.
i5 4590, Gigabyte B85M-DS3H-A mobo, 8gb ram, samsung 850 evo 250gb ssd, Wd blue 1tb Hdd, Evga 500w psu, Corsair carbide spec01 case, Msi gtx 1060 6gb

zhenghan
4 weeks ago#24
oblique365 posted...
zhenghan posted...

Better performance, 2gb more vram, none of the quirks. You probably need the vram. I was maxing my 6gb in cod ww2.

i think we're on the same team here lol, i am saying that the increased power efficiency of the 1060 makes it my preferred choice.
"dude i am like a 10 th grader,i am not smart i am not smart okay.i know basic english not level 100 english lol" -stephanielish

User Info: BrokenMachine85

BrokenMachine85
4 weeks ago#25
Vega 56 or GTX 1070, depending what you can get for the lowest price.
Ryzen 1600X @ 4GHz | MSI B350 'Tomahawk' | Corsair H90 | 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 | Palit GTX 1080 OC @ 2GHz | 28" Acer Predator 4K G-SYNC 1ms

User Info: thatauthor

thatauthor
4 weeks ago#26
I guess I'm getting the 1060 then.

edit: now I need to figure out which one I want.
I have to browse like a peasant ~ pizzaman95

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
4 weeks ago#27
thatauthor posted...
I guess I'm getting the 1060 then.

edit: now I need to figure out which one I want.

6 gig of VRAM or bust.
PSN: captsplatter & Gamertag: OGcaptsplatter &
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/captsplatter NO BLANK REQ.

User Info: thatauthor

thatauthor
4 weeks ago#28
thing is, the only 6 GB cards that I can find that are in my price range seem to have a form factor that's smaller than ATX.
I have to browse like a peasant ~ pizzaman95

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
4 weeks ago#29
thatauthor posted...
thing is, the only 6 GB cards that I can find that are in my price range seem to have a form factor that's smaller than ATX.

You can thank miners for that. At least GPU prices will go back down eventually. Can't say the same for RAM. 1060 6 gig, 1070, and 580s are all sold out or scalped. Probably the Vega 56's met the same fate.
PSN: captsplatter & Gamertag: OGcaptsplatter &
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/captsplatter NO BLANK REQ.

zhenghan
4 weeks ago#30
thatauthor posted...

save up a bit more and get the 6GB.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. I'm looking for a new video card.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived