This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Some questions about Borderlands, DLC, and Skyrim!

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Some questions about Borderlands, DLC, and Skyrim!

User Info: KoRnKoB

KoRnKoB
4 weeks ago#1
I was originally going to make 2-3 topics, but figured I would just try asking it all in the one topic.

1. So, I very recently acquired the Borderlands series via Humble Bundle. I played through the first game and its DLC on the PS3 years ago, and played through Borderlands 2 when it released but none of its DLC. Never played the Pre-Sequel either, didn't know it had DLC lol. I'm looking at the price for the season pass on some sites as opposed to the GOTY edition for Borderlands 2. Borderlands 2 GOTY is a fair bit cheaper than the season pass. Will I be able to buy the GOTY edition and just use the DLC? I'd probably give the code for the base game to a friend if possible...

2. Is the DLC for Pre-Sequel worth it?

3. I've noticed that there are never any online games showing in Borderlands 2 or Pre-Sequel. Is it dead or do I need to do port forwarding?

Now onto Skyrim...

4. I just realized there are 2 versions of Skyrim on the store I'm looking at: Legendary Edition and Special Edition. SE is quite a bit more expensive. According to www.systemrequirementslab.com I can run Skyrim, but not Skyrim Special Edition. What gives?

5. I am only considering Skyrim for mods. Played through the vanilla game many a time on PS3. Is it worth it just for mods? Does version matter much in this regard?
PSN: PrincePAUL87 | http://www.backloggery.com/princepaul87
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/princepaul87

User Info: ihategod

ihategod
4 weeks ago#2
1. Pretty sure the GOTY is dependent upon the reseller. Some people have one key, some have multiple keys. Best to check with the reseller if it has any clarification.

2. The DLC was character classes and one survival arena, like the Moxxi Dome in BL1. I thoroughly enjoyed one of the DLC classes, though to be honest, I never completed PS despite having done multiple playthroughs of BL1 and 2.

3. Pretty sure it's dead. I never did any port forwarding to play online.

4. Special Edition was the rerelease where they updated all the textures and engine to modern standards (and has no mod support so to speak). Legendary is the old version which has all the mod support from whenever Skyrim released.

5. Mods fundamentally change Skyrim into whatever you want. I loved the basic stuff that removed the consolized UI and the other jank that was there which never made sense. The fact that you could also port in weapons and whatever you could dream of just made it even sweeter for me. Though ultimately, this one remains your decision; game worth will be decided by how much you delve into mods and remain interested in playing them.

User Info: Celuisar

Celuisar
4 weeks ago#3
I can only really answer 4-5. The special edition was remade into a 64 bit version making everything run differently, with better graphics and such. As far as modding goes a lot of the mods that made vanilla Skyrim great haven’t been ported yet to the new version. If you just want it for the mods get vanilla.

User Info: mucloud

mucloud
4 weeks ago#4
You will want to get the Skyrim Special edition, You can even mod it now and make sure you get SKSE 2.0.2 I think it's called it will work with Skyrim Special edition.

The CBBE skins do not give bounce like the Orginal Skyrim that is cause of SKSE it's not up to date and the Devs that made SKSE do not really plan on updating it so we are stuck with the older ones for now.
Cooler Master CM Storm Trooper White W10 64bit GA990FXAUD3 FX 8320 Vishera 8-Core Core 4.0 GHz 1000watt Rosewell PSU 32GB RAM XFX Radeon R9 390 8GB

User Info: mucloud

mucloud
4 weeks ago#5
Celuisar posted...
I can only really answer 4-5. The special edition was remade into a 64 bit version making everything run differently, with better graphics and such. As far as modding goes a lot of the mods that made vanilla Skyrim great haven’t been ported yet to the new version. If you just want it for the mods get vanilla.

A lot of the popular mods have not yet cause of the SKSE. There are a lot of mods though I have 214 mods in Skyrim Special Edition and it runs faaaaar more stable the Original Skyrim.
Cooler Master CM Storm Trooper White W10 64bit GA990FXAUD3 FX 8320 Vishera 8-Core Core 4.0 GHz 1000watt Rosewell PSU 32GB RAM XFX Radeon R9 390 8GB

User Info: farigonti

farigonti
4 weeks ago#6
1. Goty will give you the 4 expansion stories, increase the level cap, and give you extra characters. That’s really all that counts so get that and save. Season Pass might includes skins so who cares.

KoRnKoB
4 weeks ago#7
Hmm, better rearrange my question regarding Borderlands 2:

What I want to know most of all, is whether the GOTY is a single code or a bunch of codes for the game and its DLC. I've already got the base game, the 2 additional characters, and the 2 level upgrade packs. Just interested in the story DLC's... But also may not bother if I don't have anyone to play the game with lol.

And considering my PC doesn't meet the minimum specs for Skyrim Special Edition, I think I will pass or go vanilla.

User Info: mastergamer0001

mastergamer0001
4 weeks ago#8
I can't say for sure but it's probably just one code for everything (except the skins and headhunter packs). BL2 is still pretty active, I can usually find at least 3 or 4 rooms open when I play, and as of this post Steam says there's over 5000 people in game.
"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt."

KoRnKoB
4 weeks ago#9
mastergamer0001 posted...
I can't say for sure but it's probably just one code for everything (except the skins and headhunter packs). BL2 is still pretty active, I can usually find at least 3 or 4 rooms open when I play, and as of this post Steam says there's over 5000 people in game.

Maybe there is a problem on my end then... Unless it's cause nobody at all is just starting, which I find it hard to believe given the recent sale on Humble Bundle! It's a shame if it is on one code though, I'd feel bad for wasting my code for the base game from that sale. Could have given it to a friend!

User Info: sauruschamp1

sauruschamp1
4 weeks ago#10
Ok so im pretty sure the GotY edition will b e just one steam code im afraid. The dlc for 2 is totally worth it. Pre-sequel isn't that great so its probably best that you play it a bit before deciding on whether to get the dlc for it.

As for skyrim get the legendary edition this packs the initial vanilla release with all the dlc and has full mod support with hundreds of mods and is totally worth it (i played 100hours on console then played the pc version just by modding it a bunch).Theres quite a few extra content mods that add new areas and quests as well as cosmetic mods like tropical skyrim which really change the theme.
Dont bother with the special edition as this was a re-release that fixed a few things and improved the graphics a bit and was mainly done as they released this version on current gen consoles (in fact the pc version was given for free to owners of the legendary edition originally)
Xbox GT: Zarosian 3DS ID: 1848-2118-1570 Origin, SteamID and PSN: Zarosio
Current Rig: i5-4670k, R9-280X, 8GB RAM, Samsung 840EVO 250GB SSD, 500Gb HDD
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Some questions about Borderlands, DLC, and Skyrim!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived