This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Can't seem to get addicted to games anymore, any advice?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Can't seem to get addicted to games anymore, any advice?

User Info: AsucaHayashi

AsucaHayashi
1 month ago#21
i'm noticing a trend.

if games like lineage 2 or maplestory set the standard it would be the same as saying you can't watch movies anymore because you've watched too much of the MCU.
http://abload.de/img/pcgamingxtuvt.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/9Yv0R2Z.jpg

User Info: l337Bossman

l337Bossman
1 month ago#22
You are playing horrible games. That’s probably the first problem you’re having.

These things come and go. A few months from now you may fire up a game and fall right into it. I have a ton of triple A games but started playing Elex yesterday and haven’t been able to stop. Elex has a bunch of issues (as it’s a lower budget game) but the sense of wonderment at the world and the desire to explore every nook and cranny is resonating with me at the moment.

I also started listening to the Adventure Zone podcast, a bunch of hilarious dudes playing dungeons and dragons, and without having any interest in D&D for my entire life I have now been looking at sites like Roll20.net to see if maybe I want to take the plunge and jump in a game.

There is something out there that scratch that itch. There’s so much content and so many different types of games at this point. You just have to either wait and see if you find something, go out and look for a game that looks appealing to you, take a risk on something you don’t know much about, or take a break from gaming for a few months / years. It’ll be here when you feel like coming back.

User Info: thelocalhentai

thelocalhentai
1 month ago#23
Yep, take a break and find a different hobby like programming or board games with friends.

It happens from time to time and it's no big deal. A really nice perk of taking a prolonged break is that gaming budget (if you have one of course) is saved for other things and/or you can splurge a bit when you come back, most of the time with the games you've missed out on heavily discounted.

User Info: oblique365

oblique365
1 month ago#24
I had this problem for a bit too.. Its most likely the games are just boring.
As soon as i got dark souls 3 my addiction was back. Then evil within, its a actually a damn good game i never knew about, better than re7.
i5 4590, Gigabyte B85M-DS3H-A mobo, 8gb ram, samsung 850 evo 250gb ssd, Wd blue 1tb Hdd, Evga 500w psu, Corsair carbide spec01 case, Msi gtx 1060 6gb

User Info: sylverlolol

sylverlolol
1 month ago#25
premature tyrant posted...
nominturddaddy posted...
Makes sense. Most games these days blow chunks.

this

not at all. the only people who say this are the blowhard neckbeards that constantly heckle everyone else with how good games were in the golden years, blah blah blah. there are plenty of quality games around to play this generation.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

User Info: Heisenberg312

Heisenberg312
1 month ago#26
Listen to some giant bombcast podcast.
It will fix ya right up.
Now, say my name.

User Info: Heisenberg312

Heisenberg312
1 month ago#27
sylverlolol posted...
nominturddaddy posted...

this

not at all. the only people who say this are the blowhard neckbeards that constantly heckle everyone else with how good games were in the golden years, blah blah blah. there are plenty of quality games around to play this generation.

Agreed.
It's akin to hearing grandpa talk about how in his day, people knew the value of a dollar. It's utter crap. Games sucked then too. Even moreso because crappy licensed movie games and shovelware were coming out all the time.
Now, say my name.

User Info: l337Bossman

l337Bossman
1 month ago#28
Heisenberg312 posted...
sylverlolol posted...
nominturddaddy posted...

this

Agreed.
It's akin to hearing grandpa talk about how in his day, people knew the value of a dollar. It's utter crap. Games sucked then too. Even moreso because crappy licensed movie games and shovelware were coming out all the time.

I mostly agree but the neat thing about playing games when the industry was young was that new mechanics and ideas were being introduced all the time. Even shovel ware games might have something new. There are less great ideas now because there are so many games and a lots been done already.

User Info: Yewolife

Yewolife
1 month ago#29
Honestly think its more of age and maturity thing. Back in the days when MMORPGS were still a new thing and I was a child, I remember getting irate whenever I had to go somewhere or even hang out with friends when there was a double exp weekend going on haha.

Nowadays even if theres a double exp during the whole week I may not even bother to log on because of other more worthwhile commitments in daily life. Or games in general can sometimes feel like work depending on the mood of the moment.

User Info: CrestedTax

CrestedTax
1 month ago#30
Be grateful you don't enjoy those games specifically made to waste your life.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Can't seem to get addicted to games anymore, any advice?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived