This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Can't seem to get addicted to games anymore, any advice?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Can't seem to get addicted to games anymore, any advice?

User Info: TomatoDragon

TomatoDragon
1 month ago#31
I kinda have that issue. For me it's the sheer amount of choices I have for entertainment at my disposal. Just bought Danganronpa 3 but it hasn't really sucked me in like the first two did.

A game really has to be crazy good to suck me in. Haven't had one do that to me since the last time I played Fallout: New Vegas.

A suggestion Is play with other people. Even if it's a single player game, I find it's funner If you are playing along while you have a buddy doing the same and talk about it. That or delve into older games like I'm doing right now with Might and Magic 6, Balder's Gate, and The Silver Case.

Only other idea I have is join a game club or listen to a gaming podcast like Watch out for fireballs and play what they are playing, I think this month they are doing episodes on the Resident Evil series, specifically 3, code veronica, and 7.

User Info: Hexenherz

Hexenherz
1 month ago#32
I also have a hard time lately getting into games. The prospect of unlocking special Halloween items in various games would have interested me in the past, but this year I just... don't care.
I'm too lazy to do anything else though so ... kinda screwed :\

User Info: Lienhart

Lienhart
1 month ago#33
Yewolife posted...
Honestly think its more of age and maturity thing. Back in the days when MMORPGS were still a new thing and I was a child, I remember getting irate whenever I had to go somewhere or even hang out with friends when there was a double exp weekend going on haha.

Nowadays even if theres a double exp during the whole week I may not even bother to log on because of other more worthwhile commitments in daily life. Or games in general can sometimes feel like work depending on the mood of the moment.

This.

For those suggestion games in different genres...

I've been gaming for a ridiculously long time and am competitive (based on rating) in MOBAs, RTS, FPS, and racing sims. For single player games I've min/maxed things from Harvest Moon to Bloodborne and Dark Souls 3.

I think I just need a break based on the suggestions and tying in with rl stuff.

User Info: PiCaYuNeSyZyGy

PiCaYuNeSyZyGy
1 month ago#34
Quit and move on with your life because you broke the addiction and can actually start doing something productive like before you trained yourself to believe that life is meaningless outside 14 hour MS grind fest sessions
PSN EonBlueSyz

User Info: Lienhart

Lienhart
1 month ago#35
PiCaYuNeSyZyGy posted...
Quit and move on with your life because you broke the addiction and can actually start doing something productive like before you trained yourself to believe that life is meaningless outside 14 hour MS grind fest sessions

....please don't say something like this. You know absolutely nothing about how meaningful my life outside of gaming lol

User Info: randomoaf

randomoaf
1 month ago#36
You may find that you feel less attached to your attachments (such as video games). You may feel that 'optimizing' your living of life becomes more important.

I recently went through this (and I'm still going through it). I'm back to playing video games now but it's becoming very apparent that I cannot play games that adversely affects my emotional state. I am playing Evil Within 2 & while I expected it to be fun (at times it is), the horror makes me feel awful.

In the end, I think it's all about choosing what makes you happy, and feel good.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Can't seem to get addicted to games anymore, any advice?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived