This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

need a program that I can set a program to boot at a certen resolution?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. need a program that I can set a program to boot at a certen resolution?

User Info: greekgamer

greekgamer
1 month ago#1
Something like Geforce experience how I can set a resolution to force when I open a game. Geforce experience doesn't detect this program or game.
[ = [__] = ]
[ + [__] -:- ]

greekgamer
1 month ago#2
most of the time these programs are .exe anyways. Maybe something that scans all .exe so I can just select and change the settings from there.
[ = [__] = ]

User Info: arleas

arleas
1 month ago#3
What game is it? have you checked if there are any launch options or ini files you can tweak? Even if it's not a game, you can specify launch options probably.... maybe.
http://steamsignature.com/profile/english/76561197969913402.png http://i.imgur.com/VHKOxqN.png
FC: 3325-5440-8407 Dream Code:5E00-0013-7C61

User Info: randomoaf

randomoaf
1 month ago#4
Is it b/c you play in two different resolutions?

User Info: SinisterSlay

SinisterSlay
1 month ago#5
Write a program yourself. It's pretty easy.
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence

greekgamer
1 month ago#6
I switch to a lower res on games and other programs. Cuz my computer can't handle 4k res at the moment for newer games. I know about the ini files. Im just lazy.
There gotta be a program out there that does this.
I have never took a programing course before so I got no idea where to start. But if you think it's easy make me one if you like SinisterSlay.
[ = [__] = ]

User Info: arleas

arleas
1 month ago#7
greekgamer posted...
I know about the ini files. Im just lazy.

If you're too lazy to edit an ini file or adjust a launch option... why are you on PC? It's not that hard. It's literally going to open a file in a text editor, changing a value (often from a 1 to a 0 or vice versa) and then saving it. Bam, done, never again to be seen unless you need to change something else.

It's not like you have to go in, edit the file, start the program, then tab out, edit the file again, then tab back into your game, then before you quit, tab back out to edit the file again...I mean, in that case yeah, too lazy? Nah, that's too much trouble.

It's like you're on the couch and the remote is 6 inches away from you, but rather than stand up for a minute and grab the remote you're yelling and yelling AND YELLING for mom to come change the channel, only she's not home. What will you do? I guess it's hopeless. :(
http://steamsignature.com/profile/english/76561197969913402.png http://i.imgur.com/VHKOxqN.png
FC: 3325-5440-8407 Dream Code:5E00-0013-7C61

User Info: SinisterSlay

SinisterSlay
1 month ago#8
Oh so you want to reduce resolution.

It's not realistically possible. It would require more work per game then just opening the game at 4k and reducing the resolution in the options.

The best you could do is lower your desktop resolution just before opening a game and hoping it defaults to your desktop resolution and not your max.
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence

User Info: randomoaf

randomoaf
1 month ago#9
greekgamer posted...
I switch to a lower res on games and other programs. Cuz my computer can't handle 4k res at the moment for newer games. I know about the ini files. Im just lazy.
There gotta be a program out there that does this.
I have never took a programing course before so I got no idea where to start. But if you think it's easy make me one if you like SinisterSlay.

You can try Steam launch options.

-w (width)
-h (height)

you can also try Borderless Gaming. If the game does not support borderless, it will take windowed mode and make it full screen borderless. You can force windowed mode with Steam's launch options

-windowed (or -sw)
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. need a program that I can set a program to boot at a certen resolution?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived