This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

FPS players Do you Click&Hold or Click Then Click to Release for aiming?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. FPS players Do you Click&Hold or Click Then Click to Release for aiming?

User Info: Yewolife

Yewolife
1 month ago#1
What control system do you use to aim down sights/zoom in? - Results (104 votes)
Click and Hold
73.08% (76 votes)
Click once then click once more to release
11.54% (12 votes)
It depends on if its a 1st person or 3rd Person game
4.81% (5 votes)
Neither
0% (0 votes)
It varies from game to game
10.58% (11 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Something that has been perking my interest recently. When you play a shooter and aiming down sights, do you right click and hold to keep your iron sights up, or do right click once and right click once more to release your iron-sight aiming? Of course this goes for third person shooters as well.

User Info: Orestes417

Orestes417
1 month ago#2
Unless we're talking the rare game where you post up and spend an extended amount of time sniping it's click and hold. Faster to relocate that way.
When nothing remains everything becomes possible.

User Info: thelocalhentai

thelocalhentai
1 month ago#3
Hold. Easier for run and gun styles of play.

User Info: Massaca

Massaca
1 month ago#4
Hold but I've been playing FEAR 1/XP the past few weeks which is toggle only and, well, it's fine for that but I still greatly prefer hold.
Though once in a while I'll forget and find myself moving (even more) slowly, apparently being too focused on something and not noticing... >_>
Edit: well, 3 times in about 28 hours but yeah.
'Ahn~ It's so loud I can't sleep~!' Lily White said, suddenly awaking.
How great the power of yuri was that it could even neutralise poison!

User Info: Yewolife

Yewolife
1 month ago#5
Thanks for participating in the poll guys it reinforced what I imagined being the most common control style. Odd, as in a couple of videos I watched recently from different youtube creators they were saying click&click again was the more common play style as apposed to click&hold.

Personally play with click&hold myself as I find it gives me the most immediate control in most situations.

Also as Orestes417 mentions some games such as campy ones such as Dayz-like games toggle is more preferred.

I can also totally relate, Massaca. I cant remember which but there were games a while back that had toggle and its always jarring at first but I get over it. Even remember some games that I found worked better with it as well, but cant remember which game... I just remember the game had 3 levels of zoom which made toggle far more convenient.

User Info: Killah Priest

Killah Priest
1 month ago#6
I prefer toggle but either way I do just fine.
The Infamous...
If you're one of us then roll with us.

User Info: Massaca

Massaca
1 month ago#7
Yewolife posted...
Even remember some games that I found worked better with it as well, but cant remember which game... I just remember the game had 3 levels of zoom which made toggle far more convenient.

That reminds me I totally forgot about Halo, scopes are toggle and with the sniper you've got the 5x and 10x zoom but you can hold the stick down for it to zoom in one level and then go back when you release.

Having played a lot of Borderlands 2 about a month ago it would've been neat to have that feature.
'Ahn~ It's so loud I can't sleep~!' Lily White said, suddenly awaking.
How great the power of yuri was that it could even neutralise poison!

User Info: Cobra1010

Cobra1010
1 month ago#8
I use toggle.
GG Riot - http://i.imgur.com/PinGPhR.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/Hs8Y1vQ.png

User Info: Maximoom

Maximoom
1 month ago#9
I am more used to holding.
Gigabyte H81M-H | i5 4460 3.2Ghz | Zotac GTX 760 2GB | 8GB DDR3-1333 | 1TB HDD | C3Tech 500W Bronze

User Info: OUberLord

OUberLord
1 month ago#10
I think it boils largely down to personal preference.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. FPS players Do you Click&Hold or Click Then Click to Release for aiming?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived