This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Steam Link + X1 Wireless Adapter?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Steam Link + X1 Wireless Adapter?

User Info: PraiseNatalia

PraiseNatalia
1 month ago#1
Was wondering if anyone knows if the Steam Link works with the Xbox One Wireless Adapter for the controller? would you just plug the adapter into your PC, or into your steam link?

User Info: wizardmon

wizardmon
1 month ago#2
The link has USB passthrough, I haven't had any troubles plugging any USB device into it and the PC not detecting it from across the house.

The PC generally doesn't seem to even consider that your plugging it into something not actually across a network and told me it was just plugged in like normal.
Why Master_Faust can't see any posts on PCH: http://i.imgur.com/Ns93rhC.png

User Info: NeilJWD

NeilJWD
1 month ago#3
http://store.steampowered.com/app/553640/ICEY/?newsId=33609

cheap link
ARGH! Someone gave me some goggles and a spork,
I don't know what the goggles do but I'm gouging my eyes out with the spork!
~Dudeboy

User Info: PhilOnDez

PhilOnDez
1 month ago#4
Damn that's a deal. I already have a link but I was already somewhat interested in that game, another dollar on top of the game is nuts. It's honestly one of the highest quality feeling devices I've ever felt (not sure if it's actually well built but it definitely feels like it, I thought they were pretty much giving them away for the $15 I paid). I might have to get another just in case I ever buy another TV.
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez

User Info: mucloud

mucloud
1 month ago#5
PraiseNatalia posted...
Was wondering if anyone knows if the Steam Link works with the Xbox One Wireless Adapter for the controller? would you just plug the adapter into your PC, or into your steam link?

You use the adapter not a steam link.
Cooler Master CM Storm Trooper White W10 64bit GA990FXAUD3 FX 8320 Vishera 8-Core Core 4.0 GHz 1000watt Rosewell PSU 32GB RAM XFX Radeon R9 390 8GB

User Info: kingking

kingking
1 month ago#6
It doesn't work unless you buy virtualhere on steam. I just use bluetooth.
i am rabbit

User Info: wizardmon

wizardmon
1 month ago#7
kingking posted...
It doesn't work unless you buy virtualhere on steam. I just use bluetooth.

To add some more information...

The Steam Link supports the PS4 and Xbox 1 S controllers natively with it's built in bluetooth, no additional dongles or software is required.

However, there are three types of Xbox One controllers out there, which are: The first with no headphone jack, The second that has a headphone jack, and the third which came with the Xbox 1 S. Only the third controller out of these three has built in Bluetooth.

You can safely blame Microsoft for not releasing controllers that just work with normal standard bluetooth earlier due to stubborn silly reasons.
Why Master_Faust can't see any posts on PCH: http://i.imgur.com/Ns93rhC.png

User Info: bikeblaster

bikeblaster
1 month ago#8
PhilOnDez posted...
Damn that's a deal. I already have a link but I was already somewhat interested in that game, another dollar on top of the game is nuts. It's honestly one of the highest quality feeling devices I've ever felt (not sure if it's actually well built but it definitely feels like it, I thought they were pretty much giving them away for the $15 I paid). I might have to get another just in case I ever buy another TV.

I had a Steam Link since the beginning of this year, and only used it about 5 times. It's targeted towards people with s***ty displays, and those that don't care about input latency. It might look, feel, and packaged like a high quality device, but it truly sucks in hardware.

I have a 1440p/165Hz monitor, so it's already a tough decision to use my Steam Link. I have a 4k HDR TV, and the Steam Link can't even do higher than 1080p. It can barely handle a high bit rate. I tried 35Mbps, and not only did it still look bad,it ran bad. It can't pass more than 5.1 channel. There's no manual power off button. f***, it's completely useless to me. Kinda wished I didn't drop $20 on it.

User Info: Ryzeki

Ryzeki
1 month ago#9
Input latency is a big no for me. Streaming tech still has ways to go.
MSI GT73VR - Core i7 6th gen @4.1Ghz | | 16GB 2400Mhz DDR4 || 128GB PCIe SSD + 1TB SATA SSD || GTX1080 || 1080P@120hz

User Info: Orestes417

Orestes417
1 month ago#10
wizardmon posted...
You can safely blame Microsoft for not releasing controllers that just work with normal standard bluetooth earlier due to stubborn silly reasons.

Last I checked reverting to bluetooth is a reduction in functionality both in terms of latency and features. Unless you already had a bluetooth dongle or had it built into your PC you'd have been better off spending the extra five bucks or so and getting MS's adapter.
When nothing remains everything becomes possible.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Steam Link + X1 Wireless Adapter?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived