This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

i gota say it feels great having a pc exclusive that the ps4 community want

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. i gota say it feels great having a pc exclusive that the ps4 community want

User Info: xxBurnedManxx

xxBurnedManxx
4 weeks ago#21
arleas posted...
I gotta say that exclusives (other than ones that can't be done on other hardware) are stupid and I fully support everyone being able to play whatever they want on whatever platform they want. Being happy that you have something because someone else doesn't have it is pretty much evil. Maybe one day your heart will grow three sizes Mr Grinch.

this would be the perfect world.
burn me once shame on you burn me twice shame on me -
https://www.g2a.com/r/user-5773b2b5edc1b

User Info: Ultimate_Noob

Ultimate_Noob
4 weeks ago#22
If the idea alone of having a game that other people are unable to play makes you happy, then you're kind of petty.
A pc's brain is the cpu, its heart is the motherboard, its stomach is the hard drive, and its anus is the user.

xxBurnedManxx
4 weeks ago#23
Ultimate_Noob posted...
If the idea alone of having a game that other people are unable to play makes you happy, then you're kind of petty.

exclusive is where consoles shine and without it they are nothing. im not trying to pull this console war or pc master race BS all im saying is that is just refreshing that it happen the other way a round this time

User Info: zhenghan

zhenghan
4 weeks ago#24
xxBurnedManxx posted...
Ultimate_Noob posted...

exclusive is where consoles shine and without it they are nothing. im not trying to pull this console war or pc master race BS all im saying is that is just refreshing

true, exclusives is where consoles shined before and is still where they're shining right now. simplicity is nice too though. anyways, hope we get more console exclusives going forth. it is kind of annoying to buy a console for 1 or 2 exclusives.
"dude i am like a 10 th grader,i am not smart i am not smart okay.i know basic english not level 100 english lol" -stephanielish

User Info: yohabroha

yohabroha
4 weeks ago#25
xxBurnedManxx posted...
Ultimate_Noob posted...

exclusive is where consoles shine and without it they are nothing. im not trying to pull this console war or pc master race BS all im saying is that is just refreshing

again, there's no reason as a grown adult male that that should be "refreshing" for you.
"Myself I am a PC Gamer but I am forced to keep this side of me hidden because of who I am and my brand integrity." - dan_fs

xxBurnedManxx
4 weeks ago#26
yohabroha posted...
xxBurnedManxx posted...
Ultimate_Noob posted...

again, there's no reason as a grown adult male that that should be "refreshing" for you.

is it wrong to point out that for the first time ever a pc game is wanted so bad by anther console i just find it 'again' refreshing i mean no offense but u dont see sony or MS players asking for total war or dota 2 or he!l even WoW

User Info: arleas

arleas
4 weeks ago#27
xxBurnedManxx posted...
exclusive is where consoles shine and without it they are nothing.

Exclusives are artificial and the reason they have them is to draw people to the platform because as you say, without them they're nothing. I don't blame Nintendo for not making their first party titles available on other platforms, but I personally think it sucks when a company pays another company to keep its products from being for sale in certain areas, certain platforms or to certain people.

The vast majority of PC exclusives are exclusive because it doesn't work on consoles, not because someone paid the developer to keep it off of consoles. There may be a few indie games that aren't on consoles because the developer doesn't have the resources to make a console version, but any game popular enough to be desired for other platforms usually has the resources if they choose to invest in it.

Anyway, the only people that benefit from exclusives are the people who paid to keep it exclusive and the people who feel the need to antagonize others with "nanny nanny boo boo, I have something you don't have!". I don't think it really benefits the people being paid to stay exclusive (unless they had no intentions of porting it and then it's just being paid to do what you were going to do anyway).

I can't wait for the next wave of trolls to come in and say nasty things about PC which will most likely be fueled by someone taunting someone else over exclusives. :P

xxBurnedManxx posted...
for the first time

This isn't the first time.

There was a large outcry originally when the developers of Xcom mentioned that they were focusing on the PC version of Xcom 2. They got their console version (and probably would have even without the petition) but at first they were mad.
http://steamsignature.com/profile/english/76561197969913402.png http://i.imgur.com/VHKOxqN.png
FC: 3325-5440-8407 Dream Code:5E00-0013-7C61

xxBurnedManxx
4 weeks ago#28
arleas posted...
xxBurnedManxx posted...
exclusive is where consoles shine and without it they are nothing.

Exclusives are artificial and the reason they have them is to draw people to the platform because as you say, without them they're nothing. I don't blame Nintendo for not making their first party titles available on other platforms, but I personally think it sucks when a company pays another company to keep its products from being for sale in certain areas, certain platforms or to certain people.

The vast majority of PC exclusives are exclusive because it doesn't work on consoles, not because someone paid the developer to keep it off of consoles. There may be a few indie games that aren't on consoles because the developer doesn't have the resources to make a console version, but any game popular enough to be desired for other platforms usually has the resources if they choose to invest in it.

Anyway, the only people that benefit from exclusives are the people who paid to keep it exclusive and the people who feel the need to antagonize others with "nanny nanny boo boo, I have something you don't have!". I don't think it really benefits the people being paid to stay exclusive (unless they had no intentions of porting it and then it's just being paid to do what you were going to do anyway).

I can't wait for the next wave of trolls to come in and say nasty things about PC which will most likely be fueled by someone taunting someone else over exclusives. :P

xxBurnedManxx posted...
for the first time

This isn't the first time.

There was a large outcry originally when the developers of Xcom mentioned that they were focusing on the PC version of Xcom 2. They got their console version (and probably would have even without the petition) but at first they were mad.

that is news to me and odd that ps/xbox players would be interested in a turnbase shooter

User Info: arleas

arleas
4 weeks ago#29
xxBurnedManxx posted...
odd that ps/xbox players would be interested in a turnbase shooter

It's possible that the whole thing was a publicity stunt. I wouldn't put it past them (because like I said, it was more likely they just wanted to do the PC version FIRST) but I don't know anything for sure.

https://www.ipetitions.com/petition/xcom24ps4

There's one petition (I think there's another)
https://forums.2k.com/showthread.php?4122121-The-Official-Unofficial-XCOM-2-for-Consoles-Petition-Thread

There's another.

Can't find the twitter announcement where they said it was PC exclusive and a bunch of angry console owners yelled at them, but I remember it happened.
http://steamsignature.com/profile/english/76561197969913402.png http://i.imgur.com/VHKOxqN.png
FC: 3325-5440-8407 Dream Code:5E00-0013-7C61

User Info: yohabroha

yohabroha
4 weeks ago#30
xxBurnedManxx posted...
yohabroha posted...
xxBurnedManxx posted...
Ultimate_Noob posted...

is it wrong to point out that for the first time ever a pc game is wanted so bad by anther console i just find it 'again' refreshing i mean no offense but u dont see sony or MS players asking for total war or dota 2 or he!l even WoW

its objectively wrong, yes.
"Myself I am a PC Gamer but I am forced to keep this side of me hidden because of who I am and my brand integrity." - dan_fs
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. i gota say it feels great having a pc exclusive that the ps4 community want

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived