This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I5 7400 vs Ryzen 1400 prebuilt

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. I5 7400 vs Ryzen 1400 prebuilt

User Info: Manservice

Manservice
1 month ago#1
Looking at two pre-builts. One is an rx 580/i5 7400 build for $700 and the other is an rx 580/ryzen 1400 build for $750. I don't plan on overclocking, adding fans, coolers or doing anything that can potentially void the warranty. I just wanna plug it in and play. If i replace anything it will be years down the line.

But yeah, both are cyberpowerpc prebuilts that are pretty much the same minus different cpu's and cases. I don't know much about ryzen tho. How does the 1400 stack up to the i5 7400 for 1080p/60fps at high settings?

User Info: HeliosMagi

HeliosMagi
1 month ago#2
What kind of Graphics Card is in each system? That's what really affect game performance.
"I had a classmate who legitimately expected Mario 65 to come out."
"He ate glue."

User Info: zhenghan

zhenghan
1 month ago#3
I would get the i5
"dude i am like a 10 th grader,i am not smart i am not smart okay.i know basic english not level 100 english lol" -stephanielish

User Info: IceBawls

IceBawls
1 month ago#4
I would go with the Ryzen build. The 1400 has SMT so you get 8 threads over the i5's 4 threads, you can also overclock it.
i5 4590 | 16GB RAM | GTX 970 SSC

User Info: snake_5036

snake_5036
1 month ago#5
No overclocking, go with i5. It will be marginally better for gaming, no difference with normal internet usage unless you're constantly doing something like video editing or streaming, where the Ryzen will be far better.

What kind of Graphics Card is in each system?

Both of them have an RX 580.
You felt your sins weighing down on your neck.

User Info: zhenghan

zhenghan
1 month ago#6
https://youtu.be/TcdmeGOsnss
"dude i am like a 10 th grader,i am not smart i am not smart okay.i know basic english not level 100 english lol" -stephanielish

User Info: oblique365

oblique365
1 month ago#7
Tough call. The i5 would probably perform better in gaming on most scenarios.. But for those select few games that tax the cpu and use hyper threading you could bottleneck. Though seeing gta v drop under 60 with the non oc 1400 is a little disconcerting. My 4590 doesnt even do that.
i5 4590, Gigabyte B85M-DS3H-A mobo, 8gb ram, samsung 850 evo 250gb ssd, Wd blue 1tb Hdd, Evga 500w psu, Corsair carbide spec01 case, Msi gtx 1060 6gb

User Info: Erhnam Djinn

Erhnam Djinn
1 month ago#8
Since I have more experience with an i5, I would say to go with that route.
You could never understand the humiliation I have gone through. . . The burden of having to be the best. . . of having to be worthy.

User Info: Judgmenl

Judgmenl
1 month ago#9
This thread is a joke.
Judge, Nostalgia is a hell of a drug. | http://hwbot.org/user/secretdragoon/
You're a regular Jack Kerouac

User Info: Manservice

Manservice
1 month ago#10
Thanks for the info, guys

Judgmenl posted...
This thread is a joke.

You're a joke.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. I5 7400 vs Ryzen 1400 prebuilt

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived