This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Are you against lootboxes in games?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Are you against lootboxes in games?

User Info: Kinoringan

Kinoringan
1 month ago#21
No, but I won't use real money to buy them.

User Info: anonymous46773

anonymous46773
1 month ago#22
Hate them. Refused to buy Shadow of War because of them.
The base of a lighthouse is ever dark.

User Info: Jason_Hudson

Jason_Hudson
1 month ago#23
Nope, I hate them. Used to be indifferent when it was just Overwatch, rationalised it as server costs and cosmetics, but after seeing that Overwatch is the main contributor to this loot box epidemic, I know I was wrong to accept it then.

If they're only earned in game, and you can't buy them with money, eh, whatever.
Specs: i7 4790k@4.6GHz |EVGA 1080 FTW| 16GB RAM - GLORIOUS PC MASTER RACE!
TRUMP IS THE GREATEST US PRESIDENT!

User Info: Lemonspice

Lemonspice
1 month ago#24
I love loot box's but it depends on how they are done, as long as it is cosmetic and purchasable through in-game currency like Battle chasers-Nightwar where you can purchase chests from dungeons among a few other titles.

User Info: dummy420

dummy420
1 month ago#25
I hate dlc of all kind. Loot boxes especially in a $60 game. I'd much rather they raise the price of a game to $80 or $90 but make it a complete game again. No monetization of anything outside the purchase. Costumes are unlock able again. Map packs are just an update.

Granted I know this will never happen. So I just never buy new outside 1 or 2 games a year. Used to buy new games monthly atleast.
Trying is the first step towards failure, so just dont give it a shot and you cant dissapoint.

User Info: cbgreely

cbgreely
1 month ago#26
Yes. It literally encourages little kids to gamble with their parents' money, and locks content out that should be unlockable in-game. I don't care if it's "just cosmetic," because if cosmetics are something people will pay money for in a game, then they do affect the game. I'm absolutely sick of the money-hungry businessmen who have never touched a video game in their lives ruining our hobby. Honestly all microtransactions, and most DLC too (unless it legitimately adds something that adds to the game and was not originally intended to be in that game), are the worst thing in this industry.
Pineapple on pizza

User Info: gwizzler

gwizzler
1 month ago#27
CrestedTax posted...
I'm indifferent, unless lootboxes affect gameplay. I would not play a game that implements that kind of lootboxes.

The issue with this is even something like Overwatch's lootboxes affect gameplay, whether or not you want to admit it. Cosmetic items used to be unlocked via progression, not by sheer luck. I know you can still buy items with coins, but you shouldn't need coins at all. The boxes have duplicate items (with such a s*** exchange rate) only to break down someone's will and get them to buy more boxes because it takes forever to buy that 3000 coin event skin when you're getting 40 coins per box.
"If the animals can find the strength, why can't we?" - Casey Foster

User Info: Terantatek

Terantatek
1 month ago#28
Pokenub posted...
Terantatek posted...
No. I like buying them.

What exactly do you like about buying them?

I get cool looking items for just a couple bucks. Good deal to me. I love cosmetics.
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Xgsy6X
i7 7700k @ 4.6ghz | Asus ROG Strix 1080TI OC | Ripjaws 16GB 3000mhz | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus Swift PG278QR

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
1 month ago#29
Terantatek posted...
Pokenub posted...
Terantatek posted...
No. I like buying them.

What exactly do you like about buying them?

I get cool looking items for just a couple bucks. Good deal to me. I love cosmetics.

Only microtransactions I'm ok with.
PSN: captsplatter & Gamertag: OGcaptsplatter &
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/captsplatter NO BLANK REQ.

User Info: Orestes417

Orestes417
1 month ago#30
cbgreely posted...
Yes. It literally encourages little kids to gamble with their parents' money

Parents need a swift kick in the ass if they're not on top of what their kids are playing and buying at all times. Didn't want the hard job? Shouldn't have become parents.
When nothing remains everything becomes possible.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Are you against lootboxes in games?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived