This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Are you against lootboxes in games?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Are you against lootboxes in games?

User Info: Dragon Nexus

Dragon Nexus
4 weeks ago#51
As long as there's no microtransactions involved to buy more, then sure.
"Everything popular is wrong." - Oscar Wilde

User Info: AuraBlaze1

AuraBlaze1
4 weeks ago#52
I've never found lootboxes fun. Gamble at a chance to obtain what you want instead of earning it in game. Same thing applies to DLC cosmetics. I mean, who doesn't love getting handed a new costume by paying real money /s.
You don't understand because there is nothing to understand. It's nonsense. -Bahamut

User Info: SinisterSlay

SinisterSlay
4 weeks ago#53
I hate gambling in general and i hate rng rewards. So combining those things nearly kills games for me.
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence

User Info: Marikhen

Marikhen
4 weeks ago#54
I don't have any issue whatsoever with "loot boxes" provided that:
#1 They do not provide any sort of material advantage unavailable to people who do not use loot boxes.
#2 Any "exclusive" items that they may contain that do not appear through the course of other game mechanics are cosmetic in nature only.

And most importantly:
#3 These "loot boxes" cost $0 to acquire and $0 to open.

Providing that all three criteria are met then "loot boxes" are just a fun mechanic to help spice things up and potentially give players a bit of variety in their gameplay without having an overall negative impact on gameplay or player perception of the game.

The moment "loot boxes" start slipping in game-changing rewards that cannot be equaled or surmounted through normal gameplay or gameplay items that cannot be acquired anywhere else then "loot boxes" is the moment they start sliding into the bad idea category.

When they start costing RL$ they've clearly gone into the "Really Bad Idea" territory and the employees who thought up the idea and pushed to have it implemented should be fired.

I don't have problems with companies making money, but doing it in an unethical fashion, regardless of how legal it is, should be frowned upon, strongly.
Logic is the antithesis of faith, else why is it that faith defies logic while logic denies faith?

User Info: Dawnshadow

Dawnshadow
4 weeks ago#55
Cosmetic lootboxes are fine, especially if the game's under active development. Gotta pay the devs somehow.

Power lootboxes are never okay.
I wish I made $400k a year to spam Twitter with nonsense and go golfing in Florida every other weekend....
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Are you against lootboxes in games?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived