This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

GPD Win 2

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. GPD Win 2

User Info: HeliosMagi

HeliosMagi
1 month ago#11
Has anyone ever thought of making a dock for the GPD Win? Something like a USB Hub and pass-throughs for the HDMI, Power, and Audio ports in a shell that you can just pop the device in and out.
"I had a classmate who legitimately expected Mario 65 to come out."
"He ate glue."

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
1 month ago#12
HeliosMagi posted...
Has anyone ever thought of making a dock for the GPD Win? Something like a USB Hub and pass-throughs for the HDMI, Power, and Audio ports in a shell that you can just pop the device in and out.

Like the Switch?
PSN: captsplatter & Gamertag: OGcaptsplatter &
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/captsplatter NO BLANK REQ.

User Info: Tony_Biggie_Pun

Tony_Biggie_Pun
1 month ago#13
Niceee

User Info: Tony_Biggie_Pun

Tony_Biggie_Pun
1 month ago#14
HeliosMagi posted...
I looked up a comparison, and the new M3-7Y30 is vastley more powerful than the Z8700 the first GPD Win used.
http://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Atom-x7-Z8700-vs-Intel-Core-m3-7Y30/m27122vsm196956

The 146% improvement in single-threaded performance means this is gonna be an awesome little emulator machine. Portable Dolphin and PCSX2 maybe?

Very nice, I think it can do it. It's similar to a laptop and I've run PCSX2 and dolphin on my laptop at full speed. Lesser demanding games like the DBZ games and Zelda

PS2/Gamecube on the go would be awesome..

HeliosMagi
1 month ago#15
captsplatter_1 posted...
HeliosMagi posted...

Like the Switch?

Yes.
"He ate glue."

User Info: hamchunk

hamchunk
1 month ago#16
Very intersting, I have the surface pro 4 with a m3-6y30 and that can run lower demanding games fairly well. It can manage CS:GO and Skyrim pretty well at lower settings so I imagine this thing will perform similar if not a bit better depending on ram ect.
Do the math!

User Info: TheWorstPoster

TheWorstPoster
1 month ago#17
bump

User Info: TimePharaoh

TimePharaoh
1 month ago#18
lulz imagine wanting something like this
Wait, what? I heard about the Netflix thing but how does the music thing work? You get partial songs or what? - Fade2Scrub420

User Info: TimePharaoh

TimePharaoh
1 month ago#19
hamchunk posted...
Very intersting, I have the surface pro 4 with a m3-6y30 and that can run lower demanding games fairly well. It can manage CS:GO and Skyrim pretty well at lower settings so I imagine this thing will perform similar if not a bit better depending on ram ect.

lulzwot
Wait, what? I heard about the Netflix thing but how does the music thing work? You get partial songs or what? - Fade2Scrub420

HeliosMagi
1 month ago#20
TimePharaoh posted...
lulz imagine wanting something like this

Why would you not want a device capable of doing everything a full-size PC can do with enough processing power to emulate every console up to the Wii and PS2, as well as some less demanding PC titles that can fit in your pocket? You could also easily plug it into a TV to use as a microconsole or a streaming box when you're home.
"He ate glue."
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. GPD Win 2

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived