This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is your phone your primary PC?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Is your phone your primary PC?

User Info: Black_Assassin

Black_Assassin
1 month ago#11
lightningbugx posted...
In order to redownload GTAV on Steam, I have to watch 60GB+ worth of video for the month.

Please explain in detail.
Want to cure diseases with your spare computing power?
http://folding.stanford.edu/

User Info: RyanEsau

RyanEsau
1 month ago#12
No. My Gaming PC is my primary PC.

My smartphone is just for texting pretty much. I do dabble in a few other things with it though. Just... namely texting.
PSN: RyanEsau | https://psnprofiles.com/RyanEsau
PC: i7-6700K @ 4.5 Ghz, Asus ROG Strix GTX 1070 OC | https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Sgt.Soldier/saved/FsQK8d

User Info: SnakePlisken94

SnakePlisken94
1 month ago#13
i only use my phone to play bejeweled on the crapper
just your typical butthurt basement dweller

User Info: maybecalls

maybecalls
1 month ago#14
The only internet capable device I use is this desktop PC. I have a cheapo PAYG mobile phone, but that spends most of it's life in the glove box in my car. It's just for emergencies. Yes, I don't like phones much.

User Info: Born Lucky

Born Lucky
1 month ago#15
spike_spiegel posted...
I do an 8-5 job and my phone is my main source of connectivity for 90% of my day.

I have a job too.
We actually have real computers there, with monitors for grown ups.
If our boss told us we had to use our phones instead of the PCs they provide, I'm pretty sure most people would quit.
Corsair 550D/ Gigabyte Z170X Gaming3 / Vengeance 16GB DDR4 2666 / i-5 6600k / MSI Twin Frozr VI GTX 1060 / Thermaltake NiC C5

User Info: lightningbugx

lightningbugx
1 month ago#16
Black_Assassin posted...
lightningbugx posted...
In order to redownload GTAV on Steam, I have to watch 60GB+ worth of video for the month.

Please explain in detail.

GTAV is a big download. My plan involves unlimited data. In order to be unlimited data, once the data usage goes above 32GB in a month, there has to be more data usage being performed by the phone than data usage going through the mobile hotspot. So if I have a 60GB download to my PC, the apps on my phone have to download and upload more than 60GB of data for the same month.
Ryzen 1800X, 16GB 3600 MHz CAS15 DDR4, 2x Radeon Vega 56, GA-AX370-Gaming K7
x86 is holding back PCs.

User Info: BrokenMachine85

BrokenMachine85
1 month ago#17
When I'm out of the office or home then yes. Otherwise, no.
Ryzen 1600X @ 4GHz | MSI B350 'Tomahawk' | Corsair H90 | 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 | Palit GTX 1080 OC @ 2GHz | 28" Acer Predator 4K G-SYNC 1ms

User Info: unknown_VS

unknown_VS
1 month ago#18
Lol, yep it is! It's just way more convenient and since I upgraded my data to "unlimited" for 5 bucks / month! I use it even more. ;p

I use my phone to
-Watch videos (in the order I want)
-Download stuff to use on my pc
-take screenshots
-look at and edit pictures / photos
-Take photos
-make videos
-Edit videos
-Listen to music
-Browse
-Buy stuff
-Play games (usually always just 1, currently love Nikki)
-Learn Japanese

On my laptop I do
-Constantly check if windows update is off
-Update my av
-Update my other av
-Print (stuff that I downloaded on my phone)
-Watch videos
-Listen to music
-Play games
-Try to get my controller working
-Get mad at steam
-Rearrange my videos / music because it doesn't play them in the order I want again
-Wondering why I didn't buy an android laptop (though then I couldn't play gems like Huniepop~)
"1080 looks great but 2160 looks like real life which makes sense since it's the limit of the human eye."
jdclanc11

User Info: footballmanager

footballmanager
1 month ago#19
maybecalls posted...
The only internet capable device I use is this desktop PC. I have a cheapo PAYG mobile phone, but that spends most of it's life in the glove box in my car. It's just for emergencies. Yes, I don't like phones much.

Same here. I only carry my phone with me when I drive in case my car breaks down or something.

User Info: Digital Storm

Digital Storm
1 month ago#20
Negative. I am not a smart phone zombie.
Ooo eee, oo ah ah, ting tang, walla walla bing bang.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Is your phone your primary PC?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived