This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Got Windirstat. It ran a check on my pc. Now how do I sift through it to clean?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Got Windirstat. It ran a check on my pc. Now how do I sift through it to clean?

User Info: saspa

saspa
1 month ago#1
I've got something like 100 gb unaccounted for on my 1 tb drive which is apparently only 900something gb (don't know where all that other gb is but whatevs)

I was hoping to find any file redundancies or whatever. There's like 10 gb for .tmp files but I don't know what they're temporary for and if I should delete them.
http://i.imgur.com/0UFI0T9.jpg

User Info: Paragon21XX

Paragon21XX
1 month ago#2
If you really would like to know why Windows is reporting less space than you expected, go read up on gibibytes and tebibytes as those are the proper names for the storage units Microsoft uses.
Hmm...

User Info: wildog2006

wildog2006
1 month ago#3
Paragon21XX posted...
go read up on gibibytes and tebibytes as those are the proper names for the storage units Microsoft uses.

Holy s***, you started off so well but then just f***in flew off into left field there.
Gibibytes and tebibytes? That Microsoft uses?
God damn son.
MOD: Mindless, Oppressive, & Delusional

User Info: Born Lucky

Born Lucky
1 month ago#4
Paragon21XX posted...
gibibytes and tebibytes

. . .and little lambs eat ivy.
Corsair 550D/ Gigabyte Z170X Gaming3 / Vengeance 16GB DDR4 2666 / i-5 6600k / MSI Twin Frozr VI GTX 1060 / Thermaltake NiC C5

User Info: JKatarn

JKatarn
1 month ago#5
wildog2006 posted...
Paragon21XX posted...
go read up on gibibytes and tebibytes as those are the proper names for the storage units Microsoft uses.

Holy s***, you started off so well but then just f***in flew off into left field there.
Gibibytes and tebibytes? That Microsoft uses?
God damn son.

LOL....I expected no less (or no more) from GameFAQs.
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii-U | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Got Windirstat. It ran a check on my pc. Now how do I sift through it to clean?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived