This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Some games run in slow motion on new TV

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Some games run in slow motion on new TV

User Info: sin_shenron

sin_shenron
1 month ago#1
hello there

recently I got a new TV (a 65"" curved Samsung TV Series 6 a samsung un65ku6500fxzx) and now when I run SOME games on it, it runs at slow motion no matter what config I select (either AA off and shadows off, I´ve tried with 1080p and other higher or lower settings, all the same)

Funny thing all games runs perfectly fine in my 1080p PC Monitor at max settings (1080p)

However, MOST (if not almost all) of my other games runs well on the new TV at full speed.

When I activate the option for "Gaming Mode" it runs slighty better I admit, but don´t fix the trouble

these are my specs:

Win 10 x 64 bits
i7 4790K @ 4.0 Ghtz
GTX 1070 8 GB
16 GB RAM

Drivers are up to date.

What do you think it can be? what can I do? do you think it´s the HDMI cable and I need a HDMI 2.0??

thanks in advance
"Live as if you were to die Tomorrow. Feel like you were to be Reborn now. Face as if you were to Live Forever"
FFVII DoC.

User Info: Kokuei05

Kokuei05
1 month ago#2
Could be showing the same frame twice. Ie. running at "120hz" but rendering 2 of the same frame
i7-6700K | Team Vulcan 16GB 3000Mhz | MSI z170a SLI PLUS | EVGA 650W G2 | Zotac 8GB GTX 1080 Mini | EA232WMI
e7470 | i5-6300U | 8GB DDR4 || Surface Pro 2 i5.

User Info: Killah Priest

Killah Priest
1 month ago#3
some games have refresh rate glitches when you use a tv as a monitor.
The Infamous...
If you're one of us then roll with us.

User Info: ElDudorino

ElDudorino
1 month ago#4
Kokuei05 posted...
Could be showing the same frame twice. Ie. running at "120hz" but rendering 2 of the same frame

This is not a "could be" thing. A TV with an advertised frame rate of 120 is always going to output 120 frames per second and it will either use 2 or the same frame or it will use frame interpolation, depending on your settings. That doesn't cause slowdown.

TC, can you explain what the issue looks like exactly?

User Info: HeliosMagi

HeliosMagi
1 month ago#5
Did you disable frame interpolation? It's usually called something like 'smooth motion' or 'motion flow.'
It's basically the TV looking at two frames and using that data to make up a frame to insert between the two to give the illusion of a higher framerate. I hate it because it causes a horrendous amount of lag.
"I had a classmate who legitimately expected Mario 65 to come out."
"He ate glue."

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
1 month ago#6
HeliosMagi posted...
Did you disable frame interpolation? It's usually called something like 'smooth motion' or 'motion flow.'
It's basically the TV looking at two frames and using that data to make up a frame to insert between the two to give the illusion of a higher framerate. I hate it because it causes a horrendous amount of lag.

Ya its only good for movies.
PSN: captsplatter & Gamertag: OGcaptsplatter &
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/captsplatter NO BLANK REQ.

User Info: HeliosMagi

HeliosMagi
1 month ago#7
captsplatter_1 posted...
HeliosMagi posted...

I don't even like it for TV or Movies. It might just be that I'm too used to watching them at 24fps, but the ultra smooth motion looks weird and distracting to me.
"I had a classmate who legitimately expected Mario 65 to come out."
"He ate glue."

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
1 month ago#8
HeliosMagi posted...
captsplatter_1 posted...
HeliosMagi posted...

I don't even like it for TV or Movies. It might just be that I'm too used to watching them at 24fps, but the ultra smooth motion looks weird and distracting to me.

Makes it look like a soap opera, but I know what you mean. Games 60fps, movies 30fps, well 24fps.
PSN: captsplatter & Gamertag: OGcaptsplatter &
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/captsplatter NO BLANK REQ.

User Info: ElDudorino

ElDudorino
1 month ago#9
I actually get agitated watching TVs that have frame interpolation enabled. On my Vizio M60 the frame interpolation option is offered as a sliding scale and I tried checking out the lowest setting without disabling it to see if that was tolerable but even that just made me uncomfortable to watch.

Anyway, leaving it off all the time means I don't have to change my settings for when I play games, so that's convenient.
(message deleted)
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Some games run in slow motion on new TV

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived