This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Some games run in slow motion on new TV

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Some games run in slow motion on new TV

User Info: Killah Priest

Killah Priest
1 month ago#11
I wonder how many people think they're seeing 24 when instead they're using pulldown and its 30
The Infamous...
If you're one of us then roll with us.

User Info: HeliosMagi

HeliosMagi
1 month ago#12
Killah Priest posted...
I wonder how many people think they're seeing 24 when instead they're using pulldown and its 30

I thought 24fps was the standard for movies and television broadcasts?
"I had a classmate who legitimately expected Mario 65 to come out."
"He ate glue."

User Info: arleas

arleas
1 month ago#13
The only time I had a problem like this with a TV was when I was running the screen in a non-optimal resolution. I can get 60hz @ 4k, 120hz at 1080p, but anything in between is 30hz max. So anyway I was running at one of these 30hz frequencies for some reason (probably because 1080p was too big and 4k had text appear too small), and the game was designed to run at 60hz, so running it at 30hz effectively cut the speed in half.

By contrast I had another game (Super Frog HD) that was designed to run only at 60hz, and on my 120hz monitor it ran twice as fast. In both cases, the programmers were s***heads and tied everything to the framerate.

Maybe your problem is similar, maybe not.
http://steamsignature.com/profile/english/76561197969913402.png http://i.imgur.com/VHKOxqN.png
FC: 3325-5440-8407 Dream Code:5E00-0013-7C61

Killah Priest
1 month ago#14
I thought 24fps was the standard for movies and television broadcasts?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three-two_pull_down
The Infamous...

User Info: ApexMjolnir

ApexMjolnir
1 month ago#15
24 frames used to be the standard for TV, specifically due to bandwidth limits. Shows like CSI used to look really weird because they were filmed with Digital at 30 frames per second, back in the old days when I watched TV on a fairly regular basis. When they jumped to 1080i60 for things like the SuperBowl, and again, CSI, people complained it felt "Weird".

These days, TVs can simply be set up incorrectly.

Using the wrong HDMI port for your gaming console, and re-naming it, on a Samsung TV can cause issues.

Samsung has a PRESET list of modes, that you can trigger simply by naming the input. Also look at the names on the ports you use. Some ports are designated for something more specific.

Also realize that Samsung has an update program in all their SMART TVs, maybe try that out.

I personally had an issue because I was using a cheapo HDMI cable that was not using all of the connectors, and was causing issues. I swapped it out with the one that came with my Xbox One, and magically my issue was gone.

Hopefully I helped you out. I am not about to walk you through how to use the Service mode, since you can completely destroy your TV if you do it wrong, and I am not going to be responsible for that mess.
If what I said doesn't makes sense... it's because you don't want it to make sense.

User Info: sin_shenron

sin_shenron
1 month ago#16
thanks I solved this issue by messing with the Nvidia control panel it was set to 30 htz for no reason, so I set it at 60htz, now it runs like butter
"Live as if you were to die Tomorrow. Feel like you were to be Reborn now. Face as if you were to Live Forever"
FFVII DoC.

User Info: MrSprings

MrSprings
1 month ago#17
A day later.. it's some ridiculous ass thing that nobody even touched on.. Why you hadn't checked the control panel before making the thread is another issue though..
"Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist."- GC

User Info: arleas

arleas
1 month ago#18
sin_shenron posted...
thanks I solved this issue by messing with the Nvidia control panel it was set to 30 htz for no reason, so I set it at 60htz, now it runs like butter

so it's like my example was... what game was it?

MrSprings posted...
A day later.. it's some ridiculous ass thing that nobody even touched on.

arleas posted...
So anyway I was running at one of these 30hz frequencies for some reason (probably because 1080p was too big and 4k had text appear too small), and the game was designed to run at 60hz, so running it at 30hz effectively cut the speed in half.

😛
http://steamsignature.com/profile/english/76561197969913402.png http://i.imgur.com/VHKOxqN.png
FC: 3325-5440-8407 Dream Code:5E00-0013-7C61

Killah Priest
1 month ago#19
that refresh rate "glitch"
The Infamous...

User Info: sin_shenron

sin_shenron
1 month ago#20
well first time in my life where this happens.

There is NO reason at all for my modern PC to detect my new brand 2017´s Curved 65" Samsung 4K UHDTV with 120 MR as a bad 30htz monitor, when it doesn´t even recognizes my old 42" Panasonic 720p Plasma TV as that...

it was a totally random problem caused by Nvidia´s settings (never happened to me with AMD), now I will just pray for it to not do the same with the PS4 / Xbox One / Switch when I connect it to the TV
"Live as if you were to die Tomorrow. Feel like you were to be Reborn now. Face as if you were to Live Forever"
FFVII DoC.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Some games run in slow motion on new TV

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived