This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Cuphead - Steam or Win 10 store?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Cuphead - Steam or Win 10 store?

User Info: ArcadeGuy

ArcadeGuy
1 month ago#1
Cuphead PC - Results (151 votes)
Steam
89.4% (135 votes)
Windows 10 / Xbox Play Anywhere
10.6% (16 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Cuphead is available on both. The only advantage I see with the Win 10 version is you can also play the game on Xbox, but I'll be mostly playing the game on PC. Which is the superior version?

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
1 month ago#2
If you don't care about the free Xbox copy, Steam.
PSN: captsplatter & Gamertag: OGcaptsplatter &
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/captsplatter NO BLANK REQ.

User Info: Somato

Somato
1 month ago#3
pretty sure you answered your own question there
ThePandaForest / Premature Tyrant is don_sf / DarKnight_sf

ArcadeGuy
1 month ago#4
Somato posted...
pretty sure you answered your own question there

How is the quality with the Win 10 version? I recall Quantum Break have differences between the Steam release with performance and updates, but that was a while back.

User Info: Hexenherz

Hexenherz
1 month ago#5
I think the deal with Quantum Break is that it was a Windows Store exclusive to begin with and by the time it came out on Steam they had hammered out some of the issues.

Windows Store is a terrible platform in general, though. It hides key download information (like, I couldn't even choose where I installed a game when I bought it, I don't know if they fixed that) or if updates are queued unless you have the thing open 24/7.

User Info: yohabroha

yohabroha
1 month ago#6
You’ve always been able to select where WinStore dls go, it’s just kinda obscure, you don’t actually do it through the storefront.

And get steam version, I have WinStore version and I have constant bugs that my steam friends don’t have
"Myself I am a PC Gamer but I am forced to keep this side of me hidden because of who I am and my brand integrity." - dan_fs

ArcadeGuy
1 month ago#7
yohabroha posted...
And get steam version, I have WinStore version and I have constant bugs that my steam friends don’t have

What are the bugs?
(message deleted)

User Info: yohabroha

yohabroha
1 month ago#9
ArcadeGuy posted...
yohabroha posted...

What are the bugs?

Constantly showing that I have 3 save files at 100% (my save file doesn’t show up until I reboot which gives me a heart attack every time), menu options are glitched on top of each other and usually partially off screen until I restart, controller connectivity issues, wouldn’t save any progress on the first island until I beat the whole island and advanced, etc.

Plus the issues with winstore games in general. At least it was free.
"Myself I am a PC Gamer but I am forced to keep this side of me hidden because of who I am and my brand integrity." - dan_fs

User Info: Pengu1n

Pengu1n
1 month ago#10
yohabroha posted...
ArcadeGuy posted...
yohabroha posted...

What are the bugs?

Constantly showing that I have 3 save files at 100% (my save file doesn’t show up until I reboot which gives me a heart attack every time), menu options are glitched on top of each other and usually partially off screen until I restart, controller connectivity issues, wouldn’t save any progress on the first island until I beat the whole island and advanced, etc.

Plus the issues with winstore games in general. At least it was free.

Must be something wrong with your PC then.

I'm playing the windows store version as well with no issues same with forza 7 with an xbox one pad using the wireless receiver.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Cuphead - Steam or Win 10 store?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived