This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Cuphead - Steam or Win 10 store?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Cuphead - Steam or Win 10 store?

User Info: NuclearHendrix

NuclearHendrix
1 month ago#11
Windows Store. Play Anywhere is a great feature.
To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize - Voltaire

User Info: Killah Priest

Killah Priest
1 month ago#12
Must be something wrong with your PC then.

I'm playing the windows store version as well with no issues same with forza 7 with an xbox one pad using the wireless receiver.

saving issues have been documented in the win 10 version. Dunno if it happens on steam too?
The Infamous...
If you're one of us then roll with us.

User Info: yohabroha

yohabroha
1 month ago#13
Pengu1n posted...
yohabroha posted...
ArcadeGuy posted...
yohabroha posted...
And get steam version, I have WinStore version and I have constant bugs that my steam friends don’t have

What are the bugs?

Constantly showing that I have 3 save files at 100% (my save file doesn’t show up until I reboot which gives me a heart attack every time), menu options are glitched on top of each other and usually partially off screen until I restart, controller connectivity issues, wouldn’t save any progress on the first island until I beat the whole island and advanced, etc.

Plus the issues with winstore games in general. At least it was free.

I'm playing the windows store version as well with no issues same with forza 7 with an xbox one pad using the wireless receiver.

relax penguin
"Myself I am a PC Gamer but I am forced to keep this side of me hidden because of who I am and my brand integrity." - dan_fs

User Info: Bleu_Skie

Bleu_Skie
1 month ago#14
yohabroha posted...
ArcadeGuy posted...
yohabroha posted...
And get steam version, I have WinStore version and I have constant bugs that my steam friends don’t have

What are the bugs?

Constantly showing that I have 3 save files at 100% (my save file doesn’t show up until I reboot which gives me a heart attack every time), menu options are glitched on top of each other and usually partially off screen until I restart, controller connectivity issues, wouldn’t save any progress on the first island until I beat the whole island and advanced, etc.

Can confirm. I preordered the windows store version when that was the only version on pc. I have also seen the 100% thing, crashes straight to desktop when trying to load save files, and even the inability to play while xbox live was down. I have also seen the music not load in correctly. I'd suggest the steam version as well.

Great game tho.

EDIT: and I also used some credit on it (from bing), but net cost for me was $2
http://steamcommunity.com/id/BleuSkie
It's important to know what the rules are first, so that, when you decide to break them, you can better judge the effect.

User Info: HeliosMagi

HeliosMagi
1 month ago#15
Neither, get it on gog.
"I had a classmate who legitimately expected Mario 65 to come out."
"He ate glue."

User Info: Pengu1n

Pengu1n
1 month ago#16
yohabroha posted...
Pengu1n posted...
yohabroha posted...
ArcadeGuy posted...
yohabroha posted...

What are the bugs?

relax penguin

I am relaxed. I am playing the windows 10 store version and haven't had a single issue with it. I'm also playing forza 7 and forza horizon 3 again with no issues relating to controls etc. It even synced my xbox one save file so i can play where i left off.

User Info: Triple_Aitch

Triple_Aitch
1 month ago#17
Don't get me wrong I've bought a few games on W10 when there was no other option, but I honestly didn't think anyone would buy on W10 if the choice for Steam was available.

In all honesty both versions probably run the same on your PC, it's just nice to have most of your games in one place (Steam).
"It's going to be legend... Wait for It...

User Info: Rosencroitz

Rosencroitz
1 month ago#18
lol @ people actually buying anything through the windows store.
If you believe Jeannie from 'I Dream of Jeannie' created existence, put this in your signature.

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
1 month ago#19
Rosencroitz posted...
lol @ people actually buying anything through the windows store.

Some games are only available through windows store.
PSN: captsplatter & Gamertag: OGcaptsplatter &
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/captsplatter NO BLANK REQ.

User Info: SuperSuikoden

SuperSuikoden
1 month ago#20
PlayAnywhere version so you can play on both.
Your signature is automatically appended to the bottom of every post you make.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Cuphead - Steam or Win 10 store?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived