This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PS4 Pro Beats PC Ultra Graphics - Gran Turismo Vs Forza - Grand Turismo Wins

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. PS4 Pro Beats PC Ultra Graphics - Gran Turismo Vs Forza - Grand Turismo Wins

User Info: MasteroftheArts

MasteroftheArts
1 month ago#11
DarkKnight_sf posted...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQ6W4bVqQzk

This is a comparison from PS4 Pro to PC Ultra Settings With Titan X.

On Gran Turismo Sport, the headlight and tail light modelling is far better than Forza, may be a generation ahead infact. The detail of the car's exterior is far superior on Gran Turismo. PC version features many jaggies, but Gran Turismo Sport models close up is ultra detailed. The paint work on Gran Turismo looks more realistic. Interior modeling on Gran Turismo is far superior.

GT environment has more realistic lighting, more detail. Tree modelling way way way more detailed in Gran Turismo than Forza. Especially the global illumination used in Gran Turismo, the reviewer says Polyphony absolutely nails this.

So in terms of visuals, Gran Turismo wins out here in this very fair comparison by Digital Foundry.

Both are good games, and I would happily buy both. Competition is good for the market which is why both games look absolutely stunning even on PS4 and Xbox One original

But on a technical graphical analysis GT Sport wins out.

Discuss.

They say at the end that both games look fantastic and specifically avoid saying which one looks better because both have advantages and disadvantages.

Skip to 18:17 in the video to hear them specifically state that Forza runs at a native 4k and GT Sport is running at 1800p which in their words results in Forza having a "huge advantage in terms of raw image quality."

Pretty much every point you made is contradicted by watching the video, and you purposefully left this information out in order to make your spite thread.
"I refuse to prove that I exist" says God. "For proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing..."

User Info: KnowForceKen

KnowForceKen
1 month ago#12
I'll admit that there are certain things that look better in GT Sport, but you can't compare platforms using different games as examples.

User Info: dennis941012

dennis941012
1 month ago#13
darklink1017 posted...
Love_Me_Sexy posted...
Which one is more fun?

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
3DS FC: 5214-9942-1912

User Info: M16Crowbar

M16Crowbar
1 month ago#14
Less cars on screen/ better graphics = More cars on screen/ Forza graphics.

Seems pretty balanced to me.
I don't troll the PC board.

User Info: Ratchetrockon

Ratchetrockon
1 month ago#15
M16Crowbar posted...
Less cars on screen/ better graphics = More cars on screen/ Forza graphics.

Seems pretty balanced to me.

also forza is at NATIVE 4k @ buttery smooth 60 fps

gt sport is at FAUX 4k @ not as smooth 60 fps.
i7 6900k | 2x GTX 1080ti FE (SLI) |MSI x99 Gaming PRO | 1tb 960 PRO EVO M.2 SSD| DDR4 32 gig 3200 RAM | EVGA P2 1200W
Bench: http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/21395525

User Info: cory1225

cory1225
1 month ago#16
Gt sport is also online only, and you can't make progress on single player when offline lolol
i5 6600k | GTX 1080 | 16Gb

User Info: wildog2006

wildog2006
1 month ago#17
Ok, so it looks good. Better be online if you want to play it at all though...
https://cdn.arstechnica.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/Gran-Turismo%C2%AESPORT_20171016123712.jpg
MOD: Mindless, Oppressive, & Delusional
(message deleted)

User Info: N3xtG3nGam3r

N3xtG3nGam3r
1 month ago#19
If they had dynamic settings enabled for Forza, then PC automatically wins, because the dynamic settings are complete trash. You have to literally manually configure everything, otherwise random s*** will change depending on what the game thinks it should lower or raise based on performance somehow.

Also, no PS4 games do true 4K, so there's that.

Discuss...
ASUS B-150 Gaming MoBo| Intel CORE i5 6500k @ 3.5GHz | 32GB DDR4 | 2TB HDD | 600w PSU | nVidia GTX 1080Ti 11GB GDDR5-X

User Info: Somato

Somato
1 month ago#20
a car game.......literally the easiest genre in the world to make look pretty. Think about it, how many objects on your screen do they have to make look good in a car game

also sig
ThePandaForest / Premature Tyrant is don_sf / DarKnight_sf
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. PS4 Pro Beats PC Ultra Graphics - Gran Turismo Vs Forza - Grand Turismo Wins

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived