This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Did anyone else get ICEY just for the $1 steam link bundle?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Did anyone else get ICEY just for the $1 steam link bundle?

User Info: yohabroha

yohabroha
1 month ago#11
Killah Priest posted...
no, bought ICEY when it launched and enjoyed the s*** out of it.

highly recommended.

i guess it was good enough to warrant a full playthrough, i beat it with like 23 achievements unlocked in 3 hours, but i wouldn't recommend it to anyone to get it on its own, especially full price. the narrator had a terrible voice for video game narration and since the secret rooms had him rambling for so long, if the joke was falling flat (more often than not for me, but that's up to taste), you had to endure it for a while. the combat was okay, accessible enough but probably not great for true fans of the genre.
"Myself I am a PC Gamer but I am forced to keep this side of me hidden because of who I am and my brand integrity." - dan_fs

User Info: Killah Priest

Killah Priest
1 month ago#12
narrator did get annoying as f***, I thought it felt like a nice game to build on.
The Infamous...
If you're one of us then roll with us.

User Info: Tony_Biggie_Pun

Tony_Biggie_Pun
1 month ago#13
Damn :/ wish I knew about this

User Info: DarthMalgus

DarthMalgus
1 month ago#14
Don't need Steam Link if you have a Samsung Smart TV. It's a FREE Steam App that does the SAME thing.
"Pokemon?! Pokemon with the Poke and the Mon and the guy with the thing who comes out and he's like....."

User Info: Riot55555

Riot55555
1 month ago#15
Got one with no specific plan on how or what to use it with, but I guess I couldn't resist. Don't even know what ICEY is!
youtube.com/riot55 ~~ twitch.tv/riot12345
Competitive Global Elite CS:GO, Hearthstone, Street Fighter gameplay, tutorials and more!

User Info: FireDrakeZ

FireDrakeZ
1 month ago#16
Nice concept and very tempting, but I already have attached my gaming PC to my 50" TV and have the ability to play my games from my couch with my Xbox 360 controller via a wireless receiver using Big Picture Mode, so I don't know what other benefits this gives me especially since I have no interest in the game that came with Steam Link.

Unlike with the steam link, I can play games not on steam on my TV without having to add to my steam library as my setup is independent of the steam link. Not every non-Steam game works smoothly when added into Steam.

I also barely notice any noticeable lag with my setup since my PC has an attached wired ethernet link as well as an HDMI cable attached to my TV. I read that the steam link sometimes has a noticeable lag when used with a wireless link.

I can also continue doing other stuff on my PC while gaming or shift from gaming to watching TV or movies on my blu ray player just by using my TV remote to shift to a different input all from the comfort of my couch.

User Info: Heisenberg312

Heisenberg312
1 month ago#17
Nope.
I did buy Icey though. Heard great things about it on the giant bombcast, so it was a no brainer.
Now, say my name.

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
1 month ago#18
randomoaf posted...
I'm kinda peeved that I didn't get it. I'm in the process of finding a new job & so I'm not earning anything right now. I COULD'VE though.

Oh look someone who has their priorities in order. Good on you.
PSN: captsplatter & Gamertag: OGcaptsplatter &
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/captsplatter NO BLANK REQ.

User Info: Tony_Biggie_Pun

Tony_Biggie_Pun
1 month ago#19
captsplatter_1 posted...
randomoaf posted...
I'm kinda peeved that I didn't get it. I'm in the process of finding a new job & so I'm not earning anything right now. I COULD'VE though.

Oh look someone who has their priorities in order. Good on you.

It's just 1 dollar. thats a great value and great savings for someone looking for a job and low on money. so technically that is good priorities.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Did anyone else get ICEY just for the $1 steam link bundle?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived