This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is PUGB really that good or is just the ´despacito´ of gaming?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Is PUGB really that good or is just the ´despacito´ of gaming?

User Info: zhenghan

zhenghan
1 month ago#11
Tag
"dude i am like a 10 th grader,i am not smart i am not smart okay.i know basic english not level 100 english lol" -stephanielish

User Info: LaManoNeraII

LaManoNeraII
1 month ago#12
Twitch tells kids to buy it so they buy it. It's more of a study in marketing than game design
http://i.imgur.com/WQJlV.png

User Info: su27Chaos

su27Chaos
1 month ago#13
LaManoNeraII posted...
Twitch tells kids to buy it so they buy it. It's more of a study in marketing than game design

yeah you can even compare it to that slime and fidget fad that is going on. lol game is horrible optimize not sure how people compare it to goty games.

one game i got 2nd place by afking all game. it happens that i got lucky. lol
I like my beer like I like my violence...
Domestic.

User Info: Galbias

Galbias
1 month ago#14
idk what a despacito is but pubg looks like a fairly dull game from most standpoints that managed to hit some sweet spot in becoming a streamer fad and propagating itself

User Info: Cool_Dude667

Cool_Dude667
1 month ago#15
Just looked up that song

https://m.imgur.com/gallery/7kfIcDF
Not changing this sig until Christ returns -- Started 30 A.D
3770K @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance | GTX 670 SLi

User Info: AbstraktProfSC2

AbstraktProfSC2
1 month ago#16
it was a good game but it got stale after a few hundred hours lol
Also, I see on twitter and fb that the servers seem to go down at least a dozen times a day now
Talk about backseat fishing.

User Info: Metal_Gear_Link

Metal_Gear_Link
1 month ago#17
xLexLuth0rx posted...
For the price and amount of fun you can get from it, I think it's def worth the hype you see. I mean, just look at the consistent #'s it puts up on Steam.

That's the point. High sales are not an indicator of Quality all the time the best example is COD selling a lot and gems like Psychonauts or Okami selling very little @xLexLuth0rx
METAL GEAR SOLID 4 and SUPER SMASH BROSS BRAWL!!! 2007 games of the year!!!!
If you believe in Goku and are 100% proud, put this in your sig.

User Info: WalkingPlague

WalkingPlague
1 month ago#18
Metal_Gear_Link posted...
xLexLuth0rx posted...
For the price and amount of fun you can get from it, I think it's def worth the hype you see. I mean, just look at the consistent #'s it puts up on Steam.

That's the point. High sales are not an indicator of Quality all the time the best example is COD selling a lot and gems like Psychonauts or Okami selling very little @xLexLuth0rx

This ^ x1000 /endthread
Ryzen 1600X @ 3.8Ghz | MSI B350 'Bazooka' | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti | Corsair Vengeance 16GB 3200mhz | Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO

User Info: xLexLuth0rx

xLexLuth0rx
1 month ago#19
Where did I say high sales numbers? The 'consistent #'s' I mentioned was in reference to steam stats as far as peak and concurrent numbers of players. That's definitely a very good indication of whether or not the game is considered 'good' by its player base.
"Dad, you have no idea what I'm capable of..."

User Info: LaManoNeraII

LaManoNeraII
1 month ago#20
Metal_Gear_Link posted...
xLexLuth0rx posted...

Literally any CoD game is in a whole different dimension of quality compared to PUBG

I get the concept is entertaining to many people, but the fact remains this specific product is a giant pile of issues, broken mechanics, bugs, and crappy third party assets.
http://i.imgur.com/WQJlV.png
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Is PUGB really that good or is just the ´despacito´ of gaming?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived