This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The i3 8350K....

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. The i3 8350K....

User Info: castrejon04

castrejon04
1 month ago#1
So the new intel i3s are now true quad core and there is an unlocked version? Nice. Is anybody planning to buy the 8350K for gaming? Is $200 too much for the 8350K when you can pay a bit more for an i5 7600K? So is the 8350K having a bigger cache than the 7600K will make a difference?
"Don't let it end like this...Tell them I said something." Pancho Villa

User Info: SharkBaby

SharkBaby
1 month ago#2
A long time ago they were sold out of the best I7 I wanted, so I bought a $40 G4400 with a over the top system with a GTX 980 Ti

@_@

To this day every single game I play in my collection of 2,000+ steam games still plays at max settings ~_~.

Moral of the story?

The CPU is 100% pointless unless you are gaming over 1080p.

I mean I probably will buy a Kaby Lake i7 7700k if they go on sale for black friday/cyber monday ~_~.

Just to "finish" the system as it's been like 2.5 years.

But it's not like I've ever ran across a SINGLE problem or slow down from having such a s***ty cpu ~_~.

User Info: HeliosMagi

HeliosMagi
1 month ago#3
I'm still waiting for cheaper 300 series motherboards so I can build my budget i3 8100 gaming rig.
"I had a classmate who legitimately expected Mario 65 to come out."
"He ate glue."

User Info: castrejon04

castrejon04
1 month ago#4
HeliosMagi posted...
I'm still waiting for cheaper 300 series motherboards so I can build my budget i3 8100 gaming rig.

That 8100 is a bargain compared to how much I spent on my 3570K which is probably slower than that chip now.

The CPU is 100% pointless unless you are gaming over 1080p.

So basically it's overkill for 1080p gaming? Wow things have changed a lot since I build my rig in 2013.
"Don't let it end like this...Tell them I said something." Pancho Villa
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. The i3 8350K....

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived