This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Kinda wanna play Shadow of War but can I cheatengine my way to get the secret

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Kinda wanna play Shadow of War but can I cheatengine my way to get the secret

User Info: JKatarn

JKatarn
4 weeks ago#11
PhilOnDez posted...
Is cheating any less immersive than pulling out your credit card to get the true ending though? Because I'm going to cheat every time, personally.

No, but it seems silly that TC is against viewing a static, non-interactive ending on Youtube, but would cheatengine his way to view it. Either way, it's a non-interactive cutscene so there's really no difference between loading it instantly in-game and fullscreening Youtube.
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii-U | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
(message deleted)

User Info: Marikhen

Marikhen
4 weeks ago#13
PhilOnDez posted...
Is cheating any less immersive than pulling out your credit card to get the true ending though?

Is using your credit card any less cheating than using a "trainer?" :-D

JKatarn posted...
No, but it seems silly that TC is against viewing a static, non-interactive ending on Youtube, but would cheatengine his way to view it. Either way, it's a non-interactive cutscene so there's really no difference between loading it instantly in-game and fullscreening Youtube.

There's a degree of validation, subconscious at least, in cheating your way through the game to watch a given video that isn't present when just loading it up on YouTube. Doesn't make it any less, or more, silly than a lot of other things that people do or feel, but it is one of the more reasonable.

__

On a side note, why are these programs or scripts for CheatEngine called "trainers" when they rarely do anything to make the game more difficult or the player tougher?
Logic is the antithesis of faith, else why is it that faith defies logic while logic denies faith?

User Info: JVolz1982

JVolz1982
4 weeks ago#14
By the time I made it to the point of almost getting the second ending, I had so many legendary orcs and most of the legendary gear without ever spending money on lootboxes. I stopped playing because it got repetitive and i wasn't having fun anymore.

User Info: Pauken

Pauken
4 weeks ago#15
Using cheatengine to immediately get the secret ending is lame.

Using cheatengine to simulate lootboxes when you finally reach a point that's too hard to clear without microtransactions, and then playing through that content with more-potent-but-not-insanely-OP orcs, however...that's the ticket, laddie. Much better than buying cheats and supporting the most toxic business model in all of gaming.

User Info: PhilOnDez

PhilOnDez
4 weeks ago#16
Marikhen posted...
PhilOnDez posted...
Is cheating any less immersive than pulling out your credit card to get the true ending though?

Is using your credit card any less cheating than using a "trainer?" :-D

No, but I refuse to buy microtransactions in F2P games already, let alone in a $60 AAA title so if I'm locked out of a feature of a game because something you need is hidden in an RNG lootbox then the only way I'd get to 'earn' the true ending would be by cheating. I don't know if that's actually the case in this game since I have zero interest in it (less than zero, actually, since it's a AAA title with microtransactions) but if it is then I wouldn't hesitate to cheat for that purpose for a second.
JKatarn posted...

There's a degree of validation, subconscious at least, in cheating your way through the game to watch a given video that isn't present when just loading it up on YouTube. Doesn't make it any less, or more, silly than a lot of other things that people do or feel, but it is one of the more reasonable.

__

On a side note, why are these programs or scripts for CheatEngine called "trainers" when they rarely do anything to make the game more difficult or the player tougher?

This I can agree with. Immersion wouldn't be my personal argument but if watching somebody else get the ending on youtube was as satisfying as getting it myself I'd never buy another game.
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez

User Info: Crysiania

Crysiania
4 weeks ago#17
Doesn't require the use of MT's to get the ending.

Its kind of repetitive, but that's the way it was designed, mt's or not.

User Info: Heisenberg312

Heisenberg312
4 weeks ago#18
Laocedric16 posted...
randomoaf posted...
What's the point? Why not beat the game and then Youtube the ending? That's what I did for Arkham Knight b/c I did not forsee myself coming back to that game for awhile.

Hmm.. I dunno youtubing endings just takes the immersion out of it.

And cheating doesn't do that??
Now, say my name.

User Info: randy_123r

randy_123r
4 weeks ago#19
Sum_quod_eris posted...
randy_123r posted...
Since there is microtransactions, they will probably try their best to prohibit that.

The exact opposite actually. Apparently it's pretty easy to do it.

Well I stand corrected
PSN: SaintMusik
http://i.imgur.com/eYreXMQ.gif http://www.last.fm/user/SaintMusik/

User Info: r0xm2n

r0xm2n
4 weeks ago#20
Google "Shadow of War cheat engine", and see what pops up. You'll at least see threads on people talking about it....
This has been another (probably) uselessly informative post, by me. Booyah!
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrEvilbyte
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Kinda wanna play Shadow of War but can I cheatengine my way to get the secret

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived