This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Elex is bad

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Elex is bad

User Info: wizardmon

wizardmon
1 month ago#1
I didn't love it

I'm seeing why no one was talking about it. Probably because they are all busy talking about better games.

Memejokes aside about the other topic aside, @DarkZV2Beta 's comment about it looking janky is spot on. Movement is clunky, and unless you are using a gamepad expect to accidentally dodge-roll more than the a normal Dark Souls fight. Climbing is a mess, just trying to jump over a chair that was in my way and I end up climbing onto a cabinet several feet away and smashing my head through the ceiling to comic effect. I was even able to unrealistically climb a sheer cliff wall out of the tutorial area right at the start of the game instead of going the intended route - even though there are plenty of fences you can't climb over keeping you contained in that area elsewhere. Cutscene animations aren't any better than gameplay animations. People robotically staring at each-other talking with little to no facial animations, your character's voice (at least at the start of the game) is completely generic with just a hint of forced gritty edge to it.

I ended up refunding it on Steam, I may repurchase it when it's priced closer to what I think it's worth. Which is about $15 IMO.
Why Master_Faust can't see any posts on PCH: http://i.imgur.com/Ns93rhC.png

User Info: LazyyAmerican

LazyyAmerican
1 month ago#2
Yea it looks kinda meh just from the trailers lol
You've got ten minutes. There's policies even your section have to follow
I'll be sure to forward your message to the president.

User Info: zepfya

zepfya
1 month ago#3
One look at the game, made me come to that conclusion also.

User Info: MMG_

MMG_
1 month ago#4
Not sure what they were trying to do.
BORED TO DEATH. I'm bored, I'm bored, I'm bored. I am bored.
http://i.imgur.com/sprnlxX.gif

User Info: JKatarn

JKatarn
1 month ago#5
Looking at a gameplay video now, it does look pretty clunky. Would probably be entertaining enough for the right price, but I personally wouldn't pay MSRP.
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii-U | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES

User Info: Darth_Kamcio

Darth_Kamcio
1 month ago#6
They are a small studio and what they lack in polish they more than make up with the world creation and atmosphere. I have almost 20 hours in the game and I'm really hooked. Not saying it's without its flaws, obviously, but if you overlook them (which I find relatively easy) you can have one pleasant experience.
You have absolutely no right to complain about a decision you decided to support with your money. Be smart and vote with your wallets!

User Info: TheCrazed420

TheCrazed420
1 month ago#7
Man getting flashbacks to when people were saying this about Gothic 2....

User Info: Pelaaja82

Pelaaja82
1 month ago#8
The game is so bad, that it actually makes it good.
Pc: i7 6700k/980 ti/16gb ram and Ps4.

User Info: wizardmon

wizardmon
1 month ago#9
Darth_Kamcio posted...
They are a small studio and what they lack in polish they more than make up with the world creation and atmosphere.

I don't think a small team is an excuse here though. They've had 7 years to figure out what makes other third person action RPG games feel much less clunky and janky, and in that time they haven't made any amount of progress towards this.

I believe that the most important thing to focus on when starting a project is working on a acceptable player experience. If everything feels like it's only a few steps away from being a chore, do you think that they will last till the end of the game?

Yeah the world was nice to see, but that doesn't justify a near entry level AAA price for the game. In its current state I wouldn't be surprised to find code still being used from Gothic 4/ArcaniA.
Why Master_Faust can't see any posts on PCH: http://i.imgur.com/Ns93rhC.png

User Info: quinikk

quinikk
1 month ago#10
Really wanted a game in the line of Gothic/Risen to be good in recent years. Sad that's it's not.

Add that to Bound by Blood & Technomancer. Games that looked interesting at first but ended up being Jank city.
Just let it go, alright.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Elex is bad

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived