This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Elex is bad

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Elex is bad

User Info: Tyranius2

Tyranius2
4 weeks ago#11
The clunkyness is part of the charm. Haven't played Elex yet but if it's anything like Risen 1 then it's probably not really clunky, people just expect the same they've seen from every other game.

I'm playing through Witcher 3 right now and it's so bad in differentiating between combat mode and exploration mode combat. So if I want to climb a rock but there are enemies attacking me, I can't because the jump key suddenly becomes the roll key and if I sheathe my weapon all it does is make Geralt attack with his fists instead of getting out of combat mode. Now that is garbage.
Bolsonaro 2018
Fizz Buzz for life

User Info: Hi C

Hi C
4 weeks ago#12
wizardmon posted...
They've had 7 years to figure out what makes other third person action RPG games feel much less clunky and janky,

So has Bethesda and you don't see them doing anything about it.
I5-4590 | ASUS H97i-PLUS & VS239hp | 8GB Ballistix Sport | 1TB+2TB WD Blue | Cooler Master N200 | ASUS GTX 960 Strix 2GB

Tyranius2
4 weeks ago#13
quinikk posted...
Really wanted a game in the line of Gothic/Risen to be good in recent years. Sad that's it's not.

Reviews on Steam are mostly positive. Most Gothic old-school fans have been praising the game. There are 500 post Elex threads on 4chan every time of the day. Don't dismiss the game because gaming journalists said it's bad, give it a chance.
Bolsonaro 2018
Fizz Buzz for life

User Info: water1111

water1111
4 weeks ago#14
its a gothic game for gothic fans, its not supposed to be for everyone.
You are born Free but taxed to death

User Info: xLexLuth0rx

xLexLuth0rx
4 weeks ago#15
I've been watching CohhCarnage play it on Twitch the last few days, it doesn't look too bad. But at the $49 price, that's a bit steep for what I'm seeing.
"Dad, you have no idea what I'm capable of..."

User Info: PsykoMage

PsykoMage
4 weeks ago#16
water1111 posted...
its a gothic game for gothic fans, its not supposed to be for everyone.

This. It's basically Gothic 2 in a post-apocalyptic setting, though I find the controls to be much better so far.
http://www.last.fm/user/PsychoMage

User Info: l337Bossman

l337Bossman
4 weeks ago#17
quinikk posted...
Really wanted a game in the line of Gothic/Risen to be good in recent years. Sad that's it's not.

Add that to Bound by Blood & Technomancer. Games that looked interesting at first but ended up being Jank city.

It’s on par with Gothic 1/2 & Risen 1. This may be the best Gothic game yet.

User Info: wizardmon

wizardmon
4 weeks ago#18
Tyranius2 posted...
Don't dismiss the game because gaming journalists said it's bad, give it a chance.

I haven't actually looked at any of what the press is for the game, and I have played and beat Gothic 2 (and even managed to force myself through ArcaniA to completion twice).

It's not the worst game, it's not good either. Please don't make me out as dismissing it entirely, I even stated that I will probably buy it again because I did give it a chance already; I ended up refunding it. I'm most upset that it feels like a game that came out ten years ago, with a small graphical uplift.
Why Master_Faust can't see any posts on PCH: http://i.imgur.com/Ns93rhC.png

Tyranius2
4 weeks ago#19
There hasn't been anything better than Elex in the genre in recent years. I can think of Witcher 3 and nothing else.
Bolsonaro 2018
Fizz Buzz for life

User Info: hamchunk

hamchunk
4 weeks ago#20
This game really caught my attention but not sure about it just yet.

Does it seem pretty well optimised? I'm still rocking an old ass 660ti and from gameplay I've seen it will run around 30ish fps at 1080p medium.
Do the math!
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Elex is bad

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived