This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Elex is bad

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Elex is bad

User Info: luigi33

luigi33
4 weeks ago#21
Its not bad IMO. Infact, its very fun. Though I accept that it definitely isn't the most polished WRPG around. But I've comet o expect that from Piranha. They don't have the budget of CD-Projekt. This game is waay better than any game from the Risen series, and its giving me heavy Gothic 2 vibes.
3DS FC: 5370-0672-9935
Steam ID: Xcyper33

User Info: wildog2006

wildog2006
4 weeks ago#22
Tyranius2 posted...
I'm playing through Witcher 3 right now and it's so bad in differentiating between combat mode and exploration mode combat.

Geralt pulls out sword, you're in combat.
Geralt puts sword away, you're not in combat.
How is that even remotely hard to grasp?
MOD: Mindless, Oppressive, & Delusional

User Info: Darth_Kamcio

Darth_Kamcio
4 weeks ago#23
wildog2006 posted...
Tyranius2 posted...
I'm playing through Witcher 3 right now and it's so bad in differentiating between combat mode and exploration mode combat.

Geralt pulls out sword, you're in combat.
Geralt puts sword away, you're not in combat.
How is that even remotely hard to grasp?

Yet another case of someone replying without reading...
You have absolutely no right to complain about a decision you decided to support with your money. Be smart and vote with your wallets!

User Info: Silvererazor

Silvererazor
4 weeks ago#24
The "gothic"-like games were always niche. You either love them or hate them. I always loved them. While they were always clunky, they had always a certain charm. They are also one of the very few games ever created, where the motivation of the maincharacter is clear and understandable. Also for the most part the mc can answer and do everthing in any given situation.

Tyranius2 posted...
The clunkyness is part of the charm. Haven't played Elex yet but if it's anything like Risen 1 then it's probably not really clunky, people just expect the same they've seen from every other game.

If you liked Risen and Gothic, then you will love Elex. It's the same formula. It's basically a postapocalyptic Gothic...the only difference between all these games is...the MC has a name.

User Info: Pelaaja82

Pelaaja82
4 weeks ago#25
Elex is not bad at all. The more i have played it, the better the game have become, but maybe the character controls could be a little better.
Pc: i7 6700k/980 ti/16gb ram and Ps4.

User Info: chandl34

chandl34
4 weeks ago#26
Silvererazor posted...
the MC has a name.

Oh f*** this, refunding.
... even on Earth Mode.

User Info: chandl34

chandl34
4 weeks ago#27
Can you run people through, like you could in Gothic 1&2? They took it out in one of the Risen games.
... even on Earth Mode.

User Info: luigi33

luigi33
4 weeks ago#28
chandl34 posted...
Can you run people through, like you could in Gothic 1&2? They took it out in one of the Risen games.

Yes.

And it alters the story too
3DS FC: 5370-0672-9935
Steam ID: Xcyper33

User Info: DV8ingSources

DV8ingSources
4 weeks ago#29
70 hours and beat the game. Its gothic 2 in drag. Seriously. The exploration is awesome and it has all the same complaints I had with gothic as a series.

I went in expecting clunky gothic style gameplay and thats exactly what I got. I also got a pretty decent story and had a lot of fun exploring. The modern aspects made it a little more interesting too.

While I loved it, I could never recommend it to anyone not a fan of the old Gothic games. It has the same balancing issues, the same simple ai, and the same horrible interface issues. But it also has the same charm and feeling of progression that I crave. I absolutely hate scaling in open worlds these days.
4790k @ 4.6 | Asus Maximus VII Formula | H105 | 32GB RAM | 1080ti | 1TB of SSD | 6TB of HDD | Win 10 64bit | ax1200w | HTC Vive
Steam: DV8ing1

User Info: WalkingPlague

WalkingPlague
4 weeks ago#30
Its okay. Not going to win any awards, but definitely worth the price.
Ryzen 1600X @ 3.8Ghz | MSI B350 'Bazooka' | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti | Corsair Vengeance 16GB 3200mhz | Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Elex is bad

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived