This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

My Wi-Fi is really slow in a particular area -

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. My Wi-Fi is really slow in a particular area -

User Info: Panda_San

Panda_San
4 weeks ago#1
Mainly my computer/game/work room. Probably because the modem is downstairs and one full room away.

Would buying a wireless router and put it in my computer room be a good solution to this? And if so, which do you guys recommend that are of good value or best bang for your buck? Thanks.
http://i.imgur.com/S3u8Xf9.jpg

User Info: Gorilla_Unit

Gorilla_Unit
4 weeks ago#2
Buy a powerline adapter. Your internet will vastly improve. It's what I use for my room.

Just search powerline adapter on amazon and choose the right one for your needs.

Edit: You will need to plug the adapter straight to an outlet, plugging to surge protectors won't work.

User Info: Panda_San

Panda_San
4 weeks ago#3
I’m looking at the Extollo ones. I didn’t even know these were a thing. Could you explain how they work exactly? I see they include two Ethernet cables. Do I need them for it to work?

Or is it really just plug into electrical outlet and I’m good to go? Thanks in advance.
http://i.imgur.com/S3u8Xf9.jpg

User Info: Gorilla_Unit

Gorilla_Unit
4 weeks ago#4
Yes you will need the ethernet cables. One adapter plugs into the modem router (make sure your router/modem has a free ethernet input slot). The other adapter plugs to your PC/console, all you have to do is press the sync button on both adapters and it should work.

It emulates a wired connection so on your pc/console when you're setting up your internet connection make sure turn off the wifi connection if you don't need it.

You can do some googling on it if you need more info there's a lot of articles on powerline adapters out there. I have the TP-Link AV200 which cost me $30. It has served me well for 3 years.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. My Wi-Fi is really slow in a particular area -

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived