This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Borderlands question

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Borderlands question

User Info: AlleRacing

AlleRacing
1 month ago#11
The Pre-Sequel is a fine game. If you like Borderlands 2, you'll probably like the Pre-Sequel. Story-wise, it's a little weaker, with an overall weaker cast. However, most of the gameplay changes are great. They've mostly fixed the horrendous scaling that 2 had, where your entire arsenal was rendered completely useless 2 levels later. Legendary weapons are slightly more common, and can reasonably be found without having to mind-numbingly grind out a boss until it drops one, and you can attempt to get one through the grinder. The bosses that don't respawn can be found in the holodome arena, so don't worry about missing their drops if you wanted to farm for whatever reason. The low gravity, O2 kits, and ground pound are great additions. The skill trees also have more variety than they did in 2.
http://i.imgur.com/6tJEBqH.jpg
http://steamsigmaker.de/new/AlleRacing.png

User Info: Hexenherz

Hexenherz
1 month ago#12
I honestly enjoyed TPS more than Borderlands 2. Borderlands 2 has more interesting DLC, but overall it was a very tedious game to try to finish when playing solo.

User Info: Teen Girl Squad

Teen Girl Squad
1 month ago#13
Its a case where all of the games are so similar at its core level, that I wouldn't buy TPS now given the price difference. Both of the first 2 games have so much content that I doubt you'll get through both and just need more Borderlands. You can get TPS later on as it will go on sale again.
"Rest of league playing checkers, Chargers playing E-Sports." Drug_Smoker.

User Info: R_Fated_Circle

R_Fated_Circle
1 month ago#14
Darkstorm16 posted...
is borderlands the pre-sequel worth playing?

yes
The secret impresses no one. The trick you use it for is everything.

User Info: rpgian

rpgian
1 month ago#15
I enjoyed the whole series. 2 had some fun dlc. The pre sequel is pretty disappointing, but it's not trash, just feels like a so-so expansion rather than a stand alone.

User Info: DiviDude

DiviDude
1 month ago#16
rpgian posted...
I enjoyed the whole series. 2 had some fun dlc. The pre sequel is pretty disappointing, but it's not trash, just feels like a so-so expansion rather than a stand alone.

Agreed.

User Info: kobalobasileus

kobalobasileus
1 month ago#17
Pre-Sequel's good. If you like BL2, it's basically a stand-alone DLC for that.

User Info: Marikhen

Marikhen
1 month ago#18
I can't speak for performance issues as even when I played The Pre-Sequel using an HD6870 and GTS 450 with PhysX maxed out I didn't notice frame rate drops that weren't comparable to those that I saw in Borderlands 2 under similar circumstances. With my GTX 1060 6GB I'd be surprised to see even a ghost of the issues I used to see. Likewise I've not beaten The Pre-Sequel so I can't say much about the majority of the story either.

Based on what I have played, however, I will say that it introduces some interesting and fun gameplay elements/weapons (delayed detonation Torgue shotgun, not necessarily the laser class) that aren't present in the original game. Likewise the game does one thing better than Borderlands 2, in my opinion, in that it's honest about your characters. Borderlands portrayed the characters as anti-heroes, and in The Pre-Sequel they feel like they're being portrayed as heroes, and both Borderlands in its entirety and the first few hours of The Pre-Sequel play fair with this. Borderlands 2, in contrast, portrays the characters as anti-heroes but spends the entire game treating them as heroes, and that's just a tad bit irritating to me as I was looking forward to some more anti-hero/helping by accident/circumstance fun.

Combine that with the fact that 2k Games has The Pre-Sequel's pricing on Steam all sorts of f***ered up and snagging it for, currently, $4.65 over the cost of the second/beat tier strikes me as a very good idea if you think there's a solid chance that you'll ever want to play it.

Seriously, The Pre-Sequel is $9.39 on CDKeys right now, and I've never seen it go below $20 ($19.99 to be technical) on Steam. The core Pre-Sequel game is priced the same on Steam and gets the same sale discounts as Borderlands 2's Game of the Year version, and it's just absurd.

The Pre-Sequel isn't a $40 game in the least. Frankly it's probably not even a $20 game, but then I don't really feel that Borderlands 2's core game was a $20 game either so my valuation of games might be skewed. It is, however, something I would, and in fact did, buy for (an extra) $5.

The bar for $5 games isn't exactly mountainous, and The Pre-Sequel reaches it. Mind you I think that Humble Bundle screwed up on the tiering and should have put The Pre-Sequel in the beat the average tier if not the $1 (and put Borderlands GotY in the beat the average tier) with the Borderlands 2 bundle in the $10 tier, but that doesn't negate that the game does enough right to be interesting at $5 and doesn't, at least in my limited experience, do enough wrong to make it worth less than $5.

tl;dr: I paid the extra $4.65 for The Pre-Sequel therefore it, at least for me, is "worth" the extra cost. Given how crap the pricing for it is on Steam and the nature of Humble Bundle it's a smarter purchase this way for anyone who might want to ever play it than getting it off of CDKeys for $10 at a later date.
Logic is the antithesis of faith, else why is it that faith defies logic while logic denies faith?
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Borderlands question

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived