This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How can program like Steam (used by millions) not have a single simple option of

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. How can program like Steam (used by millions) not have a single simple option of

User Info: Fade2black001

Fade2black001
1 month ago#1
disabling auto updates.... Its so stupid that they force them upon you. I mean you can auto disable them for each game but that doesn't work as they will force the updates upon you which is stupid as all hell
Put on a smile cause Jesus loves you

User Info: Masamune_DS

Masamune_DS
1 month ago#2
I think you lost me. Are you referring to the inability to play a game that has an updating pending without updating prior to playing? At what point does that become an issue?
If a wizard turns me into Dawn then I would sooo touch myself every single night. ~ SoulGainDestiny

Fade2black001
1 month ago#3
Masamune_DS posted...
I think you lost me. Are you referring to the inability to play a game that has an updating pending without updating prior to playing?

No I am referring to turning off auto updates indefinitely until the user manually initiates it

User Info: unknown_VS

unknown_VS
1 month ago#4
It's the main reason I barely use steam. Or my PS4 for that reason. (PS4 let's you play without updating, but it'll keep bugging you about it)

A lot of times updates make performance worse in my experience so it's ridiculous they force those on you for a product you actually paid money on.

There's a way to play games without updating on steam I've read, but much to complicated for the average user - it should just be a simple option fullstop.
"1080 looks great but 2160 looks like real life which makes sense since it's the limit of the human eye."
jdclanc11

User Info: Masamune_DS

Masamune_DS
1 month ago#5
A quick search suggests that going offline is the only real option.
If a wizard turns me into Dawn then I would sooo touch myself every single night. ~ SoulGainDestiny

User Info: dummy420

dummy420
1 month ago#6
I think it used to be a thing you could turn off for all games but I may be remembering wrong. I know you can set your games to only update when you play but thats something you have to do for each game as far as I can tell. Otherwise offline mode is the only real way.
Trying is the first step towards failure, so just dont give it a shot and you cant dissapoint.

User Info: Heisenberg312

Heisenberg312
1 month ago#7
Yeah. I hate that developers keep patching bugs in their games.
I also hate that stores sell food in packages with expiration dates on them.
I rather guess.
:/
Now, say my name.

Fade2black001
1 month ago#8
Heisenberg312 posted...
Yeah. I hate that developers keep patching bugs in their games.
I also hate that stores sell food in packages with expiration dates on them.
I rather guess.
:/

Sucks to be you

User Info: unknown_VS

unknown_VS
1 month ago#9
Heisenberg312 posted...
Yeah. I hate that developers keep making games worse by making patches to introduce more microtransactions and lootbox systems

True...
"1080 looks great but 2160 looks like real life which makes sense since it's the limit of the human eye."
jdclanc11
(message deleted)
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. How can program like Steam (used by millions) not have a single simple option of

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived