This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Will AC origins look better on my 1070, i5 4770k or on a xbox x?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Will AC origins look better on my 1070, i5 4770k or on a xbox x?

User Info: Monkeymage

Monkeymage
1 month ago#21
What new version of AO, shadows, or AA, which boast a 3% visual improvement for 50% performance hit is being offered in this game?
Intel i9 9250k Crystal Palace OC'ed to 8.5 Ghz / 128GB TDR4 RAM / GTX Titan 6 GO500 "Oppenheimer" Chipset, Icosa-SLI
http://i.imgur.com/pniS1hj.jpg

User Info: guvadc

guvadc
1 month ago#22
I have a GTX 1060 6GB and an I5 6500. I fully expect to have a better experience than what it would be on the XBOX One X. I hope I'm not being delusional.

I simply want to play the game at 1080p 60fps which I do not think the XBOX version will allow. Being a couch PC gamer , IMHO 1080p 60fps is better than some flavor of 4k at 30 fps.

User Info: wildog2006

wildog2006
1 month ago#23
PhilOnDez posted...
Noyack posted...
How do you know, the game isn't out ey

Do you mean assassin's creed? I think everyone read it as arkham city origins.

Well, that's pretty stupid considering there isn't a game called that. You're combining Arkham City and Arkham Origins. Two completely separate games. Pull your head out of your ass and learn to read.
MOD: Mindless, Oppressive, & Delusional

User Info: PHOENIXZERO

PHOENIXZERO
1 month ago#24
Noyack posted...
do many people believe what above poster claims?

I hope not.

A 1070 would get closer to 4K than the XBOX at similar settings which won't be running it natively at that resolution anyway and the PC version has a dynamic resolution option also IIRC.

User Info: N3xtG3nGam3r

N3xtG3nGam3r
1 month ago#25
PHOENIXZERO posted...
Noyack posted...

I hope not.

A 1070 would get closer to 4K than the XBOX at similar settings which won't be running it natively at that resolution anyway and the PC version has a dynamic resolution option also IIRC.

Aye, I hope not also, all I'm saying is that with most games they've showed off, they've looked pretty good on X1X, and the GPU the X1X uses isn't a piece of junk like the og X1's was. It's very, very recent, and comparable to current hardware spec wise.

A GTX 770 4gb is better than the X1, but it can't run games nearly as good anymore (I know, because I had one), and eventually whatever equivalent there is for the x1x in a year or more will be falling behind, and then two years from now we'll be comparing the gtx 1160 to the x1x.

Idk, I really do hope I'm wrong, I just remember the performance I got with the 1070, and the 1080, and like I said, I was not impressed, because I expected really good 4K performance. Had to get the 1080Ti to be satisfied... the x1x is targeting 4K and a playable frame rate.
ASUS B-150 Gaming MoBo| Intel CORE i5 6500k @ 3.5GHz | 32GB DDR4 | 2TB HDD | 600w PSU | nVidia GTX 1080Ti 11GB GDDR5-X

User Info: N3xtG3nGam3r

N3xtG3nGam3r
1 month ago#26
Monkeymage posted...
What new version of AO, shadows, or AA, which boast a 3% visual improvement for 50% performance hit is being offered in this game?

You know what? Now that you posted this and I've thought about it...did nvidia scrap gamewrecks (gameworks)?

I've played many games recently that don't have any GPU specific settings.
ASUS B-150 Gaming MoBo| Intel CORE i5 6500k @ 3.5GHz | 32GB DDR4 | 2TB HDD | 600w PSU | nVidia GTX 1080Ti 11GB GDDR5-X

User Info: Zaeem

Zaeem
1 month ago#27
Noyack posted...
I am having second thoughts about my xbox x preorder. I am thinking with my pc, which is wired to my 4k tv, and a 1440p monitor, that I should save my money and stick with the 1070.

Of course one x if pc port isn't optimized properly than you need 1080ti or 1080 in sli for 4k 1070 is poor man's 4k.

User Info: Ryzeki

Ryzeki
1 month ago#28
N3xtG3nGam3r posted...
PHOENIXZERO posted...
Noyack posted...

I hope not.

Aye, I hope not also, all I'm saying is that with most games they've showed off, they've looked pretty good on X1X, and the GPU the X1X uses isn't a piece of junk like the og X1's was. It's very, very recent, and comparable to current hardware spec wise.

A GTX 770 4gb is better than the X1, but it can't run games nearly as good anymore (I know, because I had one), and eventually whatever equivalent there is for the x1x in a year or more will be falling behind, and then two years from now we'll be comparing the gtx 1160 to the x1x.

Idk, I really do hope I'm wrong, I just remember the performance I got with the 1070, and the 1080, and like I said, I was not impressed, because I expected really good 4K performance. Had to get the 1080Ti to be satisfied... the x1x is targeting 4K and a playable frame rate.

This doesn't make sense. X1X does not perform nor look better at 4K than a gaming capable PC with a 1070. At all. Whatever X1X is showing, you can get better performance and/or image quality with the gaming PC. If you werent happy with a 1070, you are suggesting a further step down, and settling for the weaker x1x.

No console port this gen has had better performance on console than on PC. Even horrible ports like Arkham Knight still look and perform better on PC.

For example, Forza 7 on X1X runs at a mix of max settings and other stuff lowered, at 4K 60fps. But the GTX1080 can run the game at 8K at 60fps. Let that sink in. Had forza been more ambitious graphics wise, X1X would struggle to play it at such performance level.
MSI GT73VR - Core i7 6th gen @4.1Ghz | | 16GB 2400Mhz DDR4 || 128GB PCIe SSD + 1TB SATA SSD || GTX1080 || 1080P@120hz

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
1 month ago#29
Terantatek posted...
Kbm > gamepad

Not on this game. That's honestly only good for FPS and RTS games. Or ones with heavy use of inventory management and such.
PSN: captsplatter & Gamertag: OGcaptsplatter &
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/captsplatter NO BLANK REQ.

User Info: DarkZV2Beta

DarkZV2Beta
1 month ago#30
N3xtG3nGam3r posted...
Monkeymage posted...

You know what? Now that you posted this and I've thought about it...did nvidia scrap gamewrecks (gameworks)?

I've played many games recently that don't have any GPU specific settings.

Nope, it's still around and seems to be doing fine.
Gameworks is an entire suite of diagnostics and analysis tools for debugging software, as well as middleware APIs for things like physics and lighting, all to streamline PC software development and help keep it cutting edge.
Things like Hairworks was rare in the first place. It wouldn't surprise me if Hairworks titles and the like only became more scarce, given the poor reception due to some AMD shenanigans.
Final Fantasy XV is really going into it, though.
a quad core i7 was just a rebranded celeron -Pengu1n
Anything that has 3p fps or better is fine with me -mucloud
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Will AC origins look better on my 1070, i5 4770k or on a xbox x?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived