This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Will AC origins look better on my 1070, i5 4770k or on a xbox x?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Will AC origins look better on my 1070, i5 4770k or on a xbox x?

User Info: Noyack

Noyack
1 month ago#31
I expect my 1070 Will hit 4k at mid 40fps, low 50s. the xbx will be 30fps. I bet I could lock it at 30 easily and match xbx performance.
GameFlux: Unofficial GameFAQs board browser

User Info: Somato

Somato
1 month ago#32
There might be a tiny little percentage of a percentage chance it might maybe possibly look a tiny little bit the same on xbox one x as it'll look on PC.

But to maybe possibly even get close, it'll be in 30fps and have an upscaled resolution
ThePandaForest / Premature Tyrant is don_sf / DarKnight_sf

User Info: Rand_Aybara

Rand_Aybara
1 month ago#33
N3xtG3nGam3r posted...
PHOENIXZERO posted...
Noyack posted...
do many people believe what above poster claims?

I hope not.

A 1070 would get closer to 4K than the XBOX at similar settings which won't be running it natively at that resolution anyway and the PC version has a dynamic resolution option also IIRC.

Aye, I hope not also, all I'm saying is that with most games they've showed off, they've looked pretty good on X1X, and the GPU the X1X uses isn't a piece of junk like the og X1's was. It's very, very recent, and comparable to current hardware spec wise.

A GTX 770 4gb is better than the X1, but it can't run games nearly as good anymore (I know, because I had one), and eventually whatever equivalent there is for the x1x in a year or more will be falling behind, and then two years from now we'll be comparing the gtx 1160 to the x1x.

Idk, I really do hope I'm wrong, I just remember the performance I got with the 1070, and the 1080, and like I said, I was not impressed, because I expected really good 4K performance. Had to get the 1080Ti to be satisfied... the x1x is targeting 4K and a playable frame rate.

You are wrong, and a 770 would play games significantly better than a base X1. A 770 is still fine for high settings at 1080p 60fps for most games. The X1 struggles to maintain 30fps at low/medium settings

Rand_Aybara
1 month ago#34
Noyack posted...
I expect my 1070 Will hit 4k at mid 40fps, low 50s. the xbx will be 30fps. I bet I could lock it at 30 easily and match xbx performance.

The 1X version isn't native 4K either, they're using checkerboard rendering

User Info: DanPatrick

DanPatrick
1 month ago#35
Always go with the xbox one x version. Game devs are bad at making pc ports. And f***ing hell this board is that dumb they suggest playing ass creed with keyboard and mouse over a gamepad. I wouldn't trust anything said on this board.

User Info: Somato

Somato
1 month ago#36
DanPatrick posted...
Always go with the xbox one x version. Game devs are bad at making pc ports. And f***ing hell this board is that dumb they suggest playing ass creed with keyboard and mouse over a gamepad. I wouldn't trust anything said on this board.

is it a hard life being max level stupid?
ThePandaForest / Premature Tyrant is don_sf / DarKnight_sf

User Info: N3xtG3nGam3r

N3xtG3nGam3r
1 month ago#37
Rand_Aybara posted...
N3xtG3nGam3r posted...
PHOENIXZERO posted...
Noyack posted...

I hope not.

A 1070 would get closer to 4K than the XBOX at similar settings which won't be running it natively at that resolution anyway and the PC version has a dynamic resolution option also IIRC.

Aye, I hope not also, all I'm saying is that with most games they've showed off, they've looked pretty good on X1X, and the GPU the X1X uses isn't a piece of junk like the og X1's was. It's very, very recent, and comparable to current hardware spec wise.

A GTX 770 4gb is better than the X1, but it can't run games nearly as good anymore (I know, because I had one), and eventually whatever equivalent there is for the x1x in a year or more will be falling behind, and then two years from now we'll be comparing the gtx 1160 to the x1x.

Idk, I really do hope I'm wrong, I just remember the performance I got with the 1070, and the 1080, and like I said, I was not impressed, because I expected really good 4K performance. Had to get the 1080Ti to be satisfied... the x1x is targeting 4K and a playable frame rate.

You are wrong, and a 770 would play games significantly better than a base X1. A 770 is still fine for high settings at 1080p 60fps for most games. The X1 struggles to maintain 30fps at low/medium settings

No, I'm not wrong. I have an evga 770 4gb classified edition (the best 770 you can get) in my closet right now, I tested it on my new build before I installed the 1070 when I first got that before I returned it. It wasn't running games better than the x1 at all before the upgrade when it was my main GPU...I would know. It only played games better from late 2013-mid 2015, and then was hit or miss. I was constantly tweaking settings trying to get close to 60fps in games, but definitely wasn't playing on all high getting 1080/60. GTAV was the last game that I can confidently say ran and looked better than consoles. For example, the Witcher 3 ran terribly on my PC compared to say the PS4 version. It was all down hill after that.

All I'm saying is this, the base consoles had like an AMD 7970/7850 or something if I remember correctly, and were able to achieve pretty good results. They were 2 years behind in the GPU department at launch where as now, the X1X is launching with a 480/580 equivalent...that's really good. If we assume they pull the same sort of power out of the new GPU as they did out of the old one, it will be much closer to the 1070s performance than people are thinking.

On PC we're talking raw capabilities of the 1070, but the consoles GPU doesn't get rated that way. When you buy a 1070, you know exactly what you're getting, or will top out at performance wise pretty much no matter your build is. The GPU in the X1X may be oc'd 480, but a PC build with a 480 wouldn't achieve the same results I don't think. Especially down the road a year or so. If the 480 were a 4K capable card (like it is in the X1) I'm pretty sure that's what everyone would be buying.
ASUS B-150 Gaming MoBo| Intel CORE i5 6500k @ 3.5GHz | 32GB DDR4 | 2TB HDD | 600w PSU | nVidia GTX 1080Ti 11GB GDDR5-X

User Info: N3xtG3nGam3r

N3xtG3nGam3r
1 month ago#38
DanPatrick posted...

Dude I'm like 99% positive every single person on this board has a game pad of some sort that they play their games with, bar RTS and online FPS, which they obviously use keyboard and mouse for.

I wouldn't trust anything said on this board either, if you're the one saying it...lol.
ASUS B-150 Gaming MoBo| Intel CORE i5 6500k @ 3.5GHz | 32GB DDR4 | 2TB HDD | 600w PSU | nVidia GTX 1080Ti 11GB GDDR5-X

Rand_Aybara
1 month ago#39
N3xtG3nGam3r posted...
Rand_Aybara posted...
N3xtG3nGam3r posted...
PHOENIXZERO posted...
Noyack posted...

I hope not.

No, I'm not wrong. I have an evga 770 4gb classified edition (the best 770 you can get) in my closet right now, I tested it on my new build before I installed the 1070 when I first got that before I returned it. It wasn't running games better than the x1 at all before the upgrade when it was my main GPU...I would know. It only played games better from late 2013-mid 2015, and then was hit or miss. I was constantly tweaking settings trying to get close to 60fps in games, but definitely wasn't playing on all high getting 1080/60. GTAV was the last game that I can confidently say ran and looked better than consoles. For example, the Witcher 3 ran terribly on my PC compared to say the PS4 version. It was all down hill after that.

All I'm saying is this, the base consoles had like an AMD 7970/7850 or something if I remember correctly, and were able to achieve pretty good results. They were 2 years behind in the GPU department at launch where as now, the X1X is launching with a 480/580 equivalent...that's really good. If we assume they pull the same sort of power out of the new GPU as they did out of the old one, it will be much closer to the 1070s performance than people are thinking.

On PC we're talking raw capabilities of the 1070, but the consoles GPU doesn't get rated that way. When you buy a 1070, you know exactly what you're getting, or will top out at performance wise pretty much no matter your build is. The GPU in the X1X may be oc'd 480, but a PC build with a 480 wouldn't achieve the same results I don't think. Especially down the road a year or so. If the 480 were a 4K capable card (like it is in the X1) I'm pretty sure that's what everyone would be buying.

Something is wrong with your 770 if it's struggling to maintain 30fps on medium settings in The Witcher 3.

Especially since it averages over 30 on ultra:
https://www.anandtech.com/show/10325/the-nvidia-geforce-gtx-1080-and-1070-founders-edition-review/24

User Info: Apex_Predator

Apex_Predator
1 month ago#40
If anyone is curious these are the console settings for Witcher 3 from Digital Foundary's analysis.

Digital Foundary posted...
Console Settings:
Paired with CD Project's custom post-process anti-aliasing mode, edges are at least treated thoroughly. In effect, this gets us a blended half-tone on each stair-step that mimics a 2x MSAA pass, while a temporal component addresses any shimmer on trees in motion... PC offers only a single toggle to enable this mode with no alternative, and Nvidia's own control panel settings for MSAA are incompatible with its engine.

PS4 and Xbox One treat each of these variables individually; trees use an equivalent to its medium setting, while foliage is on high, and shadow draw distance is low. It's a hybrid setup that can only be matched on PC by tweaking its .ini file variables manually (found in your documents folder).

This granular approach to optimising for PS4 and Xbox One applies to texture quality too. Here we get a mixture of the PC's medium and high settings, based on which segment of the world you inspect. As a rule of thumb, consoles rarely match PC's best 2024x2024 resolution textures, though low-priority objects with blurrier maps are shared for all three versions. Ground textures in almost every case lack PC's sharpness, and also fall short of its 16x anisotropic filtering. Xbox One gives the worst results here, and in Novigrad City's main plaza, PS4 hits a mid-point in filtering quality between the other two platforms.

Texture filtering is the only difference noted between the console versions. The remainder of the graphics presets are identical, even down to shadow quality and foliage density - both PS4 and Xbox One using the medium setting in each case. This is backed by screen-space ambient occlusion (SSAO) on console, a lower resolution form of the HBAO+ mode offered on PC.

Water quality is set to high on PS4 and Xbox One, enabling water simulation that has boats rocking with oncoming waves. However the water detail is of a much higher quality on PC,

To round up, all post-processing settings are a match between the three formats, though there are some exceptions. Bloom, light shafts, chromatic aberration, depth of field and velocity-based motion blur are all enabled for PS4 and Xbox One with no cutbacks in quality.

Performance on PC w/ those settings: ... the good news is that even those with fairly modest PCs are in line for a great experience. While most of our comparison work was carried out using a Core i7 3770K system with 16GB of RAM and a GTX 780 Ti, we found that applying our learning in terms of console-level quality settings allowed us to get a decent gameplay experience with far more modest hardware. Running through the game using our preferred budget PC set-up, featuring a Core i3 4130 and an Nvidia GTX 750 Ti, we found that we could achieve visual quality and frame-rates equivalent to the PS4 version of the game. Meanwhile, overclocking the GPU consistently took us above the 30fps threshold. Swapping in an R7 260X - an £80 graphics card from AMD - produced nearly identical performance,

Budget PC Rig:
CPU:Intel Pentium G3258
Alternative CPU:Intel Core i3 4170
Graphics Card:Nvidia GTX 750 Ti 2GB
Motherboard:MSI H81M-P33
RAM:2x 4GB DDR3
Storage:1TB 7200rpm Hard Drive
Case/Power Supply/Keyboard/Mouse:Gigabyte GZ-M5 All-in-One

Source:
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2015-the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-face-off
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2015-budget-gaming-pc-guide
all of my posts are my own opinion
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Will AC origins look better on my 1070, i5 4770k or on a xbox x?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived