This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How long do you think the current phase will last?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. How long do you think the current phase will last?

User Info: Dyshonest

Dyshonest
1 month ago#11
Dawnshadow posted...
I'm not so sure that lootboxes are always evil.

In cases where the contents are 100% cosmetic, the game offers multiplayer servers, and there's new free content being added it's acceptable. Devs gotta eat, too.
Holy pro-corporate Batman.

"offers multiplayer servers"?

It costs like 10$ a month if even to rent a hosting machine. One copy of the game pays it off many times over. The cost of hosting is utterly minimal.

The rest of it was also pro-corporate, but the "POOR CORPORATION OFFERS FREE GOODS!!!" thing was hilarious.

User Info: Requiem

Requiem
1 month ago#12
Sir_Haxor posted...
I'm just worried about Japan following this trend. I don't care what AAA Western garbage games do. Haven't bought one of those since BioShock infinite years ago for $7 and still felt cheated.

Funny, I always thought Japanese studios would go this route before Western studios.
Copyright free literature available at http://www.gutenberg.org/wiki/Main_Page... otherwise known as Tex-Mex

User Info: DV8ingSources

DV8ingSources
1 month ago#13
Saw an interview with an ex bioware employee that said that there are whales out there that spent over 15k on microtransactions for friggin mass effect... So long as there are people like that, and there always will be, they aren't going anywhere.

Yes it pisses me off but games that abuse it (I don't mind minor stuff) won't be bought by me personally.
4790k @ 4.6 | Asus Maximus VII Formula | H105 | 32GB RAM | 1080ti | 1TB of SSD | 6TB of HDD | Win 10 64bit | ax1200w | HTC Vive
Steam: DV8ing1
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. How long do you think the current phase will last?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived